Number of Jobs Added in August?

what has the new congress accomplished since they took control of the House in January?

To throw EVERYTHING on to the President reminds me of what Dems did to President Bush...

It's Congress that is failing YOU here.....

they are too busy hating each other to do what they are paid to do...imo....like a bunch of 3 year olds throwing tantrums for the attention and accomplishing nada.

Everything the House HAS sent to the Senate, Harry Reid has sat on. Everything the House has sent to the Senate Barack Obama has threatened to veto. We could have a balanced budget amendment right now. That was what the House "did". Unfortunately it was blocked by the Democrats. All the Republican majority in the House can do is prevent Obama, Reid and Pelosi from passing destructive legislation like Obama Care. They can't get any of their ideas passed until there is someone new in the White House and Harry Reid is no longer able to hold up their bills in the Senate. THEN you can blame the Republicans for not getting anything done.

Balancing the budget, which would require eliminating millions of jobs, is going to help create new jobs how, exactly?

Can you entertain us with an explanation of that one?

guess what ? the jobs are going anyway, and obamas juice next week will just be a jobs bank (paid for by us, for the unions, no go there pardner). If a trillion didn't work another 200 billion won't either....

we are back to square one, 2 years after the end of the recession total control of congress, the WH and several trillion dollars later.....oh yea, wait, its BOOOOOSH!!!!!

what has the new congress accomplished since they took control of the House in January?

To throw EVERYTHING on to the President reminds me of what Dems did to President Bush...

they are too busy hating each other to do what they are paid to do...imo....like a bunch of 3 year olds throwing tantrums for the attention and accomplishing nada.

No Care, I am sorry, to an extent I disagree.

obama had it all and delivered what?things as they say do not happen over night, financial markets take 4- 6 months to realize their previous influences and planning and tinkering to take full effect..............

see those gov. jobs being shed? those are the jobs he 'saved' via stimulus that anyone knew who really looked at it with a non partisan view, knew would not hold, the gov. in the end needs to shed excess just like private industries, they are not nor should not be immune.

obama has given several speeches and pivoted to jobs so many times in 2 years, hes probably dizzy, now to make it just congresses fault? and one house? which means the reps house, is bushwah;)......the slide started in jan. not enough time for the reps to submarine the economy, its slid into this new malaise because what obama did in his 2 years with his congress did not work and has had zero lasting effect, even if you accept he 'saved us from depression' well and so what? is that it?

the patient has been saved but is still on the operating table barely breathing.....and?

the gov. manna has run out stimulus has failed to jump start the economy thats what it was sold as and, it has failed, the housing market? my god, stumbles from one new low to another becasue, gov. insists on interfering, this crash too will continue.

the new congress is worried bout the looming biggeys, the crash of 2020 which is coming, they to and the President should be working together on jobs but, the problem is ideological now, one thinks gov. needs to have a heavy hand, the other not.

and as far as blame I have seen many many many folks here blame bush for a poor jobs showing, (5% unemployment well sue if that bad well hey have at it ya'll) so does the congress from jan till njan 2011 count? all of sudden they get separated out and get a pass?

So the fact that the jobs created by the stimulus money have effectively run out because the money ran out, and now the rest of the economy is still not creating enough demand to justify private sector job growth,

how is that Obama's fault?

We're an economy that is 70% consumer driven and consumption is remaining slack.

well,, lesssse here.. the House has written the bill, the Senate has shelved them. so that's where we are.
yep and that's exactly where we were when the dems were in control of the house...they sent bills to the senate and the senate rejected them via the Republicans filibustering them, and needing a super majority to get anything passed.

they are all a bunch of 3 year olds

when was that please? this rep. filibustering? exactly?

Everything the House HAS sent to the Senate, Harry Reid has sat on. Everything the House has sent to the Senate Barack Obama has threatened to veto. We could have a balanced budget amendment right now. That was what the House "did". Unfortunately it was blocked by the Democrats. All the Republican majority in the House can do is prevent Obama, Reid and Pelosi from passing destructive legislation like Obama Care. They can't get any of their ideas passed until there is someone new in the White House and Harry Reid is no longer able to hold up their bills in the Senate. THEN you can blame the Republicans for not getting anything done.

Balancing the budget, which would require eliminating millions of jobs, is going to help create new jobs how, exactly?

guess what ? the jobs are going anyway, and obamas juice next week will just be a jobs bank (paid for by us, for the unions, no go there pardner). If a trillion didn't work another 200 billion won't either....

we are back to square one, 2 years after the end of the recession total control of congress, the WH and several trillion dollars later.....oh yea, wait, its BOOOOOSH!!!!!

Total control of Congress? How is it that the Republicans were able to set records for filibusters if the Democrats had 'total' control of Congress?

I have a great jobs plan, fire every liberal in the USSA.

The only way to get this country back to work

is get rid of those who dont know how.

LIAMD

That would be your way of saying yes, you are todays DIP.

Just admit you can not accept truth and we can move on.

Youre just a party hack that was caught lying by omission.

Why didnt you mention the dem conference call before negotiations began?

because youre a hack.

Did you need kleenex or kotex?

You seem to have mistaken me for someone who is intimidated by internet posters acting like grade schoolers.

No I havent. Youre just a hack that has refused to address the points raised. Typical cowardly democrat.

Was that supposed to be an answer to the question I asked??

Let me simplify it.

How would balancing the budget create jobs in the short term?

:up:Not for nothing, politics from left is real funny these days...Name one jobs bill the gop has come up will since they took the house.lmao

What the fuck is a jobs bill? is it a spending bill?

Lower taxes, lets drill, get rid of alot of regulation...thats a nice jobs bill.

The Paul Ryan plan is a jobs bill...no?

Last edited:

You really don't have a grasp of economics, do you? Every dollar that gets spent on the Public Sector has to come from dollars generated by the Private Sector. Every time you take capital out of the Private Sector to subsidize government you're taking the capital with which real jobs are created, out of the hands of the only people who can create them. A balanced budget would force the Public Sector to live within it's means and keep capital in the Private Sector where it would work to grow the economy.

obama had it all and delivered what?things as they say do not happen over night, financial markets take 4- 6 months to realize their previous influences and planning and tinkering to take full effect..............

see those gov. jobs being shed? those are the jobs he 'saved' via stimulus that anyone knew who really looked at it with a non partisan view, knew would not hold, the gov. in the end needs to shed excess just like private industries, they are not nor should not be immune.

obama has given several speeches and pivoted to jobs so many times in 2 years, hes probably dizzy, now to make it just congresses fault? and one house? which means the reps house, is bushwah;)......the slide started in jan. not enough time for the reps to submarine the economy, its slid into this new malaise because what obama did in his 2 years with his congress did not work and has had zero lasting effect, even if you accept he 'saved us from depression' well and so what? is that it?

the patient has been saved but is still on the operating table barely breathing.....and?

the gov. manna has run out stimulus has failed to jump start the economy thats what it was sold as and, it has failed, the housing market? my god, stumbles from one new low to another becasue, gov. insists on interfering, this crash too will continue.

the new congress is worried bout the looming biggeys, the crash of 2020 which is coming, they to and the President should be working together on jobs but, the problem is ideological now, one thinks gov. needs to have a heavy hand, the other not.

and as far as blame I have seen many many many folks here blame bush for a poor jobs showing, (5% unemployment well sue if that bad well hey have at it ya'll) so does the congress from jan till njan 2011 count? all of sudden they get separated out and get a pass?

So the fact that the jobs created by the stimulus money have effectively run out because the money ran out, and now the rest of the economy is still not creating enough demand to justify private sector job growth,

We're an economy that is 70% consumer driven and consumption is remaining slack.

you're right its not his fault, or responsibility its the rep house oh wait no, its the rep senate!! no wait, they didn't have the senate either.......:eusa_think:

*snap* got it, its BOOOOOSH!

maybe the stimulus was fragged ? maybe it was not the way to go?maybe his holding up the housing market (and even to this very day allowing the DOJ to pt a gun to banks heads to lend to sub primers) ...nope not him has got be, well anyone else. hes just the president.

The economy is doing what it is doing because we are now on a REPUBLICAN 'stimulus' plan.

The 2009 stimulus is essentially over, so there's little or no stimulus direct spending, but,

the GOP grand plan of cutting taxes to stimulate the economy (while running up the deficit)

is in full force.

This is the result. More debt, no jobs.

I apologize...I temporarily forgot that our president is one of teflon where nothing sticks. :eusa_whistle:

You do remember who the origional teflon president was don't you?
so now you equate Obama to him?

Pretty funny.

My point is that the wingnuts on this board always blames the other guy, TOGDI (The Other Guy Did It)
Obama has never taken credit for anything, but killing OBL, and killing pirates

The economy is doing what it is doing because we are now on a REPUBLICAN 'stimulus' plan.

The 2009 stimulus is essentially over, so there's little or no stimulus direct spending, but,

the GOP grand plan of cutting taxes to stimulate the economy (while running up the deficit)

is in full force.

you're certifiable, for real. :cuckoo:

is in full force.

What do you think about the payroll tax??

Number of Jobs Added in August?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2V3CfD8TPac&feature=player_embedded]Zero Point Zero - YouTube[/ame]

OMG, but you are clueless! The "jobs" created by the Democratic stimulus were in the Public Sector instead of the Private Sector. Only an idiot would expect them to be sustainable when the money to do so has to come from the Private Sector. It's Obama's fault because he doesn't understand basic economic principles.

Thank you Tea Party!

Good job boys.

And since when is it the job of government to create jobs??? I find it almost hilarious that as a group, liberals still do NOT understand the basic concept of the capatalist system.

You want to create jobs??? Then get government out of the way of business, especially small business. I closed my business, but I know a lot of people that are still trying to scratch a living out of ones that they created. None of them... that's right, absolutely NONE OF THEM are thinking about hiring. Why? Because of the uncertainty of government regulation and taxation. Additionally, it is painfully obvious to all of us that the Obama Administration is ANTI-BUSINESS!

Oh, by the way. Without exception, those small business owners? All members of the tea party. So apparently, they are shooting themselves in the foot by supporting the tea party agenda?

In this bizzaro world of the endangered American liberal, is there anything that makes sense?

well,, lesssse here.. the House has written the bill, the Senate has shelved them. so that's where we are.
yep and that's exactly where we were when the dems were in control of the house...they sent bills to the senate and the senate rejected them via the Republicans filibustering them, and needing a super majority to get anything passed.

they are all a bunch of 3 year olds

But the Pelosi house was the most successful in the history of Congress.. At least that was the story until it became necessary to blame Republicans for this disaster of a recovery. Now the story is that not enough was done because of the Republicans.

january's 2009's unemployment rate was 7.8%, and February's 8.2%....and this did come from the Bush era, that can not be denied....so although you praise Bush for running a 5% unemployment rate it is NOT what his presidential term left this country with....

would you have preferred the Depression, without any stimulus?

I am not certain.... I was against the stimulus for the Banks and for us when they first were being proposed and stuck with that position for a while....

I understand how you feel about government jobs being protected with stimulus monies....but wasn't that up to the States? The States chose to use the money to save some of their citizen's jobs....they could have cut them and used more of the money for projects....no?

I can't imagine the state of the economy with even more people on unemployment with less money to spend in the market place....and more homes hitting foreclosure at once.

but at the same time, my husband's job in the public sector was not protected with our tax monies...so it can be viewed as 'unfair'.

much of the stimulus was used to pay for unemployment, and for tax breaks....we don't know what that has brought to the economy, but I can only imagine with less monies in the hands of the people, it would have been worse....hard to imagine it being any worse...but it probably would have been.

Our problem is Congress never showing restraint on their spending on frivolous and pet project things, on wars, on defense spending in general, on adding new programs like Medicare part D pill bill without showing it could be paid for, the new upcoming health care bill too except it hasn't gone in to effect yet so this is added spending for the future....these other things are lingering things that continue to add to our deficits.....and these are ALL things that CONGRESS is in charge of....

congress has done a cruddy job the last 10 years.

It's easy to blame bush and blame obama.....but they can not and never have, single handedly 'saved the world' or saved our economy...

Forum List

Back