Number of Jobs Added in August?

No Care, I am sorry, to an extent I disagree.

obama had it all and delivered what?things as they say do not happen over night, financial markets take 4- 6 months to realize their previous influences and planning and tinkering to take full effect..............

see those gov. jobs being shed? those are the jobs he 'saved' via stimulus that anyone knew who really looked at it with a non partisan view, knew would not hold, the gov. in the end needs to shed excess just like private industries, they are not nor should not be immune.

obama has given several speeches and pivoted to jobs so many times in 2 years, hes probably dizzy, now to make it just congresses fault? and one house? which means the reps house, is bushwah;)......the slide started in jan. not enough time for the reps to submarine the economy, its slid into this new malaise because what obama did in his 2 years with his congress did not work and has had zero lasting effect, even if you accept he 'saved us from depression' well and so what? is that it?

the patient has been saved but is still on the operating table barely breathing.....and?

the gov. manna has run out stimulus has failed to jump start the economy thats what it was sold as and, it has failed, the housing market? my god, stumbles from one new low to another becasue, gov. insists on interfering, this crash too will continue.

the new congress is worried bout the looming biggeys, the crash of 2020 which is coming, they to and the President should be working together on jobs but, the problem is ideological now, one thinks gov. needs to have a heavy hand, the other not.

and as far as blame I have seen many many many folks here blame bush for a poor jobs showing, (5% unemployment well sue if that bad well hey have at it ya'll) so does the congress from jan till njan 2011 count? all of sudden they get separated out and get a pass?

So the fact that the jobs created by the stimulus money have effectively run out because the money ran out, and now the rest of the economy is still not creating enough demand to justify private sector job growth,

how is that Obama's fault?

We're an economy that is 70% consumer driven and consumption is remaining slack.

OMG, but you are clueless! The "jobs" created by the Democratic stimulus were in the Public Sector instead of the Private Sector. Only an idiot would expect them to be sustainable when the money to do so has to come from the Private Sector. It's Obama's fault because he doesn't understand basic economic principles.

That's simply false.

And if the stimulus money creates a private sector job, i.e., building a bridge or repairing a road...

...how is that not temporary?

You obviously are one more person who doesn't understand how stimulus works.

This is exactly the outcome Republicans..and Conservatives wanted.

They want Americans to suffer. They want the destruction of the American government. And they want corporations to take over. They want a society of the very wealthy and the very poor.

And that's it.

They working overtime to achieve that.

So far..so good.

when you post things like that, you really expose your inner jackass and drooling idiocy, which is becoming all to familiar.

Like what?

The truth?

You guys absolutely hate the people that have been born. Unless of course they are brain dead..then you stop congress to make sure the family who is going broke to keep them in a state of brain deadness/body liveness has to continue doing it.

I don't see any conservatives upset over all the civilian deaths in Iraq..let alone the deaths of the military. That was one big football game for yas. Oooorahhh. Look at em bomb Baghdad boys.

Obama came in to the whistle calls of Conservatives and Republicans hoping he "failed". What the fuck was that suppose to mean? That he "failed" cleaning up the big fat diarrhea crap of an economy left by Conservatives and Republicans? Well sir..you guys filibustered and blocked your way to this outcome. The present congress hasn't put up very much in terms of legislation except to try to dismantle health care, tax abortion, make absurd "amendments" to the constitution and other skullduggery. And it's hard to deal with the mindset that wants to put a torch to government because unless you are just as crazy..nothing is really going to work.

So they've nullified his presidency..and completely broke down government. It's dysfunctional now.

Good job..:clap2:

doubling down on idiocy doesn't help you.....

heres my answer to you in the same spirit;

focus now-

sgbdpof73, dsow&43;,.b?ba, heytaxc agveo ayerngf#8bxqocbz.

They want Americans to suffer. They want the destruction of the American government. And they want corporations to take over. They want a society of the very wealthy and the very poor.

And that's it.

So far..so good.

when you post things like that, you really expose your inner jackass and drooling idiocy, which is becoming all to familiar.

Like what?

The truth?

You guys absolutely hate the people that have been born. Unless of course they are brain dead..then you stop congress to make sure the family who is going broke to keep them in a state of brain deadness/body liveness has to continue doing it.

I don't see any conservatives upset over all the civilian deaths in Iraq..let alone the deaths of the Iraqi military. That was one big football game for yas. Oooorahhh. Look at em bomb Baghdad boys. And that country had nothing whatsoever to do with the event they were attacked over.

Obama came in to the whistle calls of Conservatives and Republicans hoping he "failed". What the fuck was that suppose to mean? That he "failed" cleaning up the big fat diarrhea crap of an economy left by Conservatives and Republicans? Well sir..you guys filibustered and blocked your way to this outcome. The present congress hasn't put up very much in terms of legislation except to try to dismantle health care, tax abortion, make absurd "amendments" to the constitution and other skullduggery. And it's hard to deal with the mindset that wants to put a torch to government because unless you are just as crazy..nothing is really going to work.

So they've nullified his presidency..and completely broke down government. It's dysfunctional now.

You are proving yourself to be a blooming idiot, Sallow. sorry

Let me get this straight....Bush's economy crashed with him as president and a democrat Congress and Senate....and it's Bush's fault.

The economy sucks with Obama as president along with a democratic Senate and a republican Congress....and it's the republicans fault.
Am I seeing this right? :confused:

It's Obama's fault for acting like a Republican.

It's liberals fault for acting like war loving Neocons and voting for one.

The economy is doing what it is doing because we are now on a REPUBLICAN 'stimulus' plan.

The 2009 stimulus is essentially over, so there's little or no stimulus direct spending, but,

the GOP grand plan of cutting taxes to stimulate the economy (while running up the deficit)

is in full force.

This is the result. More debt, no jobs.

you're certifiable, for real. :cuckoo:

I'm right and what I said is irrefutable, as you have just proven.

So the fact that the jobs created by the stimulus money have effectively run out because the money ran out, and now the rest of the economy is still not creating enough demand to justify private sector job growth,

We're an economy that is 70% consumer driven and consumption is remaining slack.

OMG, but you are clueless! The "jobs" created by the Democratic stimulus were in the Public Sector instead of the Private Sector. Only an idiot would expect them to be sustainable when the money to do so has to come from the Private Sector. It's Obama's fault because he doesn't understand basic economic principles.

That's simply false.

And if the stimulus money creates a private sector job, i.e., building a bridge or repairing a road...

:lol:how many weatherization jobs have been created, what have they accomplished and, whats the cost per job...go ahead, I'll wait.

Balancing the budget, which would require eliminating millions of jobs, is going to help create new jobs how, exactly?

Can you entertain us with an explanation of that one?

You really don't have a grasp of economics, do you? Every dollar that gets spent on the Public Sector has to come from dollars generated by the Private Sector. Every time you take capital out of the Private Sector to subsidize government you're taking the capital with which real jobs are created, out of the hands of the only people who can create them. A balanced budget would force the Public Sector to live within it's means and keep capital in the Private Sector where it would work to grow the economy.

The private sector is not short of capital. Deficit spending doesn't take money out of the private sector unless the private sector is willing to loan it. We are borrowing money all around the world to finance the 40% of our government that revenues don't pay for.

Cut 40% of our current government and you will have to lay off millions, permanently. Stop pretending that is a jobs plan.

That is not a jobs plan that is fiscal austerity plan. Fiscal austerity kills jobs it doesn't create them. You don't get to eat more when you go on a diet.

Local and state governments have been shrinking for 3 years. That accounts for a huge percentage of the jobs LOSSES. Those governments are doing what you want the federal government to do...

...the result will be the same.

Stop pretending that balancing the budget will create jobs.

Balancing the budget, which would require eliminating millions of jobs, is going to help create new jobs how, exactly?

Can you entertain us with an explanation of that one?

You really don't have a grasp of economics, do you? Every dollar that gets spent on the Public Sector has to come from dollars generated by the Private Sector. Every time you take capital out of the Private Sector to subsidize government you're taking the capital with which real jobs are created, out of the hands of the only people who can create them. A balanced budget would force the Public Sector to live within it's means and keep capital in the Private Sector where it would work to grow the economy.

The private sector is not short of capital. Deficit spending doesn't take money out of the private sector unless the private sector is willing to loan it. We are borrowing money all around the world to finance the 40% of our government that revenues don't pay for.

Cut 40% of our current government and you will have to lay off millions, permanently. Stop pretending that is a jobs plan.

That is not a jobs plan that is fiscal austerity plan. Fiscal austerity kills jobs it doesn't create them. You don't get to eat more when you go on a diet.

Local and state governments have been shrinking for 3 years. That accounts for a huge percentage of the jobs LOSSES. Those governments are doing what you want the federal government to do...

...the result will be the same.

Stop pretending that balancing the budget will create jobs.

That was the most confused explanation of how the economy works that I've ever heard.

"Deficit spending doesn't take money out of the private sector unless the private sector is willing to loan it."

What does that gibberish mean? Of course deficit spending takes money out of the Private Sector. The Private Sector is the only source of revenue to fund spending. If you're overspending by huge amounts then money has to come out of the Private Sector to pay the interest on the money you've just borrowed from "all around the world". Borrowing isn't a form of revenue. Borrowing is a drain on revenues since quite obviously you have to pay back what you've borrowed plus interest.

"Local and state governments have been shrinking for 3 years. That accounts for a huge percentage of the jobs LOSSES. Those governments are doing what you want the federal government to do..."

They've been shrinking over the past year because the stimulus money that allowed State and local governments to retain or even add jobs has run out. They should have shrunk three years ago in a response to drastic drops in revenue but the Obama stimulus delayed that from happening...in effect creating temporary jobs that were unsustainable paid for by borrowing money. State and local governments work within a balanced budget framework. They HAVE to balance their budgets. The Federal Government does not have a balanced budget amendment. They can simply print money or borrow it to pay their bills. So the Federal Government propped up State and local governments by borrowing more money and adding to the deficit which in turn caused our latest credit downgrade.

What I "want" is for the Federal Government to have to operate within a balanced budget framework as well. What I "want" is for our bloated, inefficient behemoth of a government to get itself back in shape. Yes, cutting the size of government will in the short term cause job losses but any logical person could look at the situation and realize that those government jobs HAVE to be lost in order to make the system economically viable. Shrinking the size of the Public Sector will free up capital to grow the Private Sector and THAT is where we will start to see our economy expand.

I had no idea Obama created jobs? I thought the corporations and the purchases by American citizens created jobs? I thought making things in America created jobs? Just a while ago while riding my made in America bicycle past my made in America car, I noticed that most of the cars were foreign? Japanese, Korean, and German? So I thought am I in a parallel universe or am I imagining this scene? So I stopped in a large chain store and I looked where everything was made? Again I thought I must have been transported to China? Couldn't be I thought? Nah, this is America and Americans know many need jobs, so surely they'd buy American made? Surely they would? Surely corporations would build here too? Let's hope that Obama guy has a large large family, I do, don't you?

Buy American = "Because Ford, GM and Chrysler conduct far more of their research, design, engineering, manufacturing and assembly work in the U.S. than foreign automakers do, buying a Ford, GM, or Chrysler supports almost three times as many jobs as buying the average foreign automobile. Some comparisons are even more striking. Buying a Ford supports 3.5 times more jobs than buying a Hyundai. Comparing a Honda and a Hyundai? Buying a Honda supports more than 2 times more jobs." The Level Field Institute

Jobs created during U.S. presidential terms - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

How Americans Can Buy American

All I can say is LOLZ....

Spin it all you like guys, Obama is going to take the hit, not Republicans or the Tea Party. The Democrats and Republicans like a stupid voting base and in 2008 Obama won that mindless voting base.

Now Obama gets to deal with that politically inferior base turning on him. Obama's supporters were headline political thinkers, they usually don’t know what congress is or how it works... They literally can’t understand anything deeper than economy sucks = Obama's fault and funny story is people like Obama did it to themselves…

So grats, spin all you like but in the end you lose. Get mad, get angry, lie, cheat I don’t care because in the end you lose big time.

And this is why I like Ron Paul, a base that by no means is perfect but at least there is a MUSH higher education level with how Government works outside of the he said she said bullshit. You guys go ahead and keep playing your little game of blame, lol.

Can’t wait for TM and RW (love birds lol) to come in here and flip flop to the economy is failing and it’s the TP’s fault! As predicted… It’s been about 2 weeks of them claiming the economy was getting better due to Obama, time to reverse blast the Tea Party!

Can’t wait for TM and RW (love birds lol) to come in here and flip flop to the economy is failing and it’s the TP’s fault! As predicted… It’s been about 2 weeks of them claiming the economy was getting better due to Obama, time to reverse blast the Tea Party!

heres a test; who knows the significance of this chart and what it means as it applies to the "zero" job growth and past jobs reports?

Birth%20Death.jpg

That's simply false.

It's "false" that those Public Sector jobs were sustainable? If that's the case then kindly explain why they are now being lost as the stimulus money runs out? The fact of the matter is they weren't sustainable because Public Sector employment uses up revenue...it doesn't create it. The stimulus SHOULD have been concentrated totally in the Private Sector to create real jobs that produced revenue. Instead the Private Sector got hung out to dry while Barack Obama supported the public sector unions that got him elected. Two years later we're paying the price for that.

And that's it.

So far..so good.

Like what?

The truth?

I don't see any conservatives upset over all the civilian deaths in Iraq..let alone the deaths of the Iraqi military. That was one big football game for yas. Oooorahhh. Look at em bomb Baghdad boys. And that country had nothing whatsoever to do with the event they were attacked over.

His presidency "broke down" because despite having control of the House and the Senate, Barack Obama chose to ignore the sorry state of the economy while he chased after the public option for health care. He and his pals, Nancy and Harry, locked the Republicans out in the hall while they wrote legislation behind closed doors and then shoved it down the throats of the American people even though the people had made it quite clear that they didn't WANT Obama Care. The Democrats used the financial crisis as an opportunity to pass a "stimulus" package that was loaded with liberal pork that did nothing to address the problem. Instead we frittered away a trillion dollars that has now been added to our deficit.

I take it that what you refer to as an "absurd" amendment to the Constitution is the balanced budget amendment? Why exactly is that absurd? What's "absurd" is to think we can continue to spend money we don't have. If we HAD passed the balanced budget amendment proposed by the Republicans we would not have had our credit rating downgraded...something that is going to cost us billions in additional interest payments. I suppose you think THAT is absurd as well?

Last edited:
Fact is, if the stimulus and Obamacare worked this thread would not exist... Yet it does, because the stimulus and Obamacare did not work. Weeks before the stimulus and Obamacare passed the supporters like Swallow never even thought to cover their ass, they just attacked... Now you guys own it.

No Care, I am sorry, to an extent I disagree.

obama had it all and delivered what?things as they say do not happen over night, financial markets take 4- 6 months to realize their previous influences and planning and tinkering to take full effect..............

see those gov. jobs being shed? those are the jobs he 'saved' via stimulus that anyone knew who really looked at it with a non partisan view, knew would not hold, the gov. in the end needs to shed excess just like private industries, they are not nor should not be immune.

obama has given several speeches and pivoted to jobs so many times in 2 years, hes probably dizzy, now to make it just congresses fault? and one house? which means the reps house, is bushwah;)......the slide started in jan. not enough time for the reps to submarine the economy, its slid into this new malaise because what obama did in his 2 years with his congress did not work and has had zero lasting effect, even if you accept he 'saved us from depression' well and so what? is that it?

the patient has been saved but is still on the operating table barely breathing.....and?

the gov. manna has run out stimulus has failed to jump start the economy thats what it was sold as and, it has failed, the housing market? my god, stumbles from one new low to another becasue, gov. insists on interfering, this crash too will continue.

the new congress is worried bout the looming biggeys, the crash of 2020 which is coming, they to and the President should be working together on jobs but, the problem is ideological now, one thinks gov. needs to have a heavy hand, the other not.

and as far as blame I have seen many many many folks here blame bush for a poor jobs showing, (5% unemployment well sue if that bad well hey have at it ya'll) so does the congress from jan till njan 2011 count? all of sudden they get separated out and get a pass?
january's 2009's unemployment rate was 7.8%, and February's 8.2%....and this did come from the Bush era, that can not be denied....so although you praise Bush for running a 5% unemployment rate it is NOT what his presidential term left this country with....

would you have preferred the Depression, without any stimulus?

I am not certain.... I was against the stimulus for the Banks and for us when they first were being proposed and stuck with that position for a while....

I understand how you feel about government jobs being protected with stimulus monies....but wasn't that up to the States? The States chose to use the money to save some of their citizen's jobs....they could have cut them and used more of the money for projects....no?

I can't imagine the state of the economy with even more people on unemployment with less money to spend in the market place....and more homes hitting foreclosure at once.

but at the same time, my husband's job in the private* sector was not protected with our tax monies...so it can be viewed as 'unfair'.

much of the stimulus was used to pay for unemployment, and for tax breaks....we don't know what that has brought to the economy, but I can only imagine with less monies in the hands of the people, it would have been worse....hard to imagine it being any worse...but it probably would have been.

Our problem is Congress never showing restraint on their spending on frivolous and pet project things, on wars, on defense spending in general, on adding new programs like Medicare part D pill bill without showing it could be paid for, the new upcoming health care bill too except it hasn't gone in to effect yet so this is added spending for the future....these other things are lingering things that continue to add to our deficits.....and these are ALL things that CONGRESS is in charge of....

congress has done a cruddy job the last 10 years.

It's easy to blame bush and blame obama.....but they can not and never have, single handedly 'saved the world' or saved our economy...

that tax break thing is sooo over played care, do you know that the money for green jobs as in subsidies is counted as a tax break? etc.ask howard fienstien.

the tax breaks we needed and that we will eventually have, are a re work of the tax code, for all of the new found hey lets do it from the dems they had 2 years to do it didn't they? obama? what was his plan? 97-0...thats what and then a plan that CBO could not score becasue he refused to put it on paper?....just spend.

what happened to the Erskine-Bowles commission? the dems have not done a budget in 900 days......hello. the battles over the last months have been an attempt ot try and stop the bleeding, debt ceiling? a plan by reid and obama to wait till the last minute so the reps would own it, in harrys words...hello? that took how much time and effort ?

look, they are in the end all to blame but everytime there comes time for a gut check, its never ever obamas fault, he floats above it as he designed his plan to do just that, whats the point then if we have a change next year? if the pres. is powerless and has zip responsibility then elect elect mickey mouse.

and stepping back for a moment every damn bird that fell from a tree in the 2000's was bush and the rep congresses fault, I know better BUT will not sit here and allow obama and his supra and reconciliation majority blunders pass as if hey its the reps or the house or the senate etc etc ..this hey its everyones fault took a powder in jan 07 becasue the media wanted it that way, it took a powder when obama was elected, it was only bushs fault, well the worm has turned and I am not gonna go along with this avoidance, whats good for the goose is good for the gander.......he owns this, period, full stop.
the Dems did not have a super majority in the Senate....ted kennedy was diagnosed with brain cancer and was not at his job for most of the time he had until he died, then for just a couple of months he had a Dem replacement, then Scott Brown was elected as a Republican.

Near nothing got done on the Dem agenda because the Senate republicans blocked it with filibusters, or moves that took the Senate to only pass legislation with a super majority.

Dems were bitching about this at the time and "you all" basically said "tough poopie".....

Now the republican majority is not getting their legislation through the Senate and you no longer say "tough poopie" and you blame Reid.

It's kinda hypocritical, eh? for both sides of the aisle.

AND THIS is my point trajan.....YOU take issue with the senate and or obama not allowing the House's legislation to go through, I took issue with the Republicans in the senate for not letting the dem majority house passed legislation through the senate.

WE both take issue with ''the other side'' not passing or stopping legislation... going through and getting passed. You blame obama, i blamed bush....

but when all is said and done, it is Congress's fault....for not being able to WORK with each other for what is best for ALL of us, on the whole imo.

and yes, obama is weak and has no experience in working with people that hate him....reagan was an expert at it....clinton was an expert at it...even bush 2 was pretty good at getting what he wanted through congress for the most part.... but not obama.

Fuckin' LMAO!

These fuckin' lib's are hilarious.....No way in hell will they EVER hold the Ineptness In Chief accountable for Jack Shit!

Reading through this thread made my morning.....The crap coming from these clowns is downright hysterical.

President Barack Obama is scheduled to head to Camp David for the weekend before delivering a Labor Day speech in Detroit. This comes on the heels of a horrendous August that saw the president’s poll numbers crash, his political opponents surge, and the economy stop growing.

“It is clearly not a month he’ll look back on fondly,” L.A. Times reporter Matea Gold said on MSNBC Friday morning.

Just-released employment numbers show the U.S. economy netted no new jobs in August, following the creation of only 105,000 jobs between June and July. The national unemployment rate remains at 9.1 percent, while unemployment among Africans-Americans jumped from 15.9 percent in July to 16.7 percent in August.

Gallup’s September 1 results showed Obama’s daily tracking polls had lurched down to 50 percent disapproval and 42 percent approval. In early July, that polling showed disapproval at 45 percent and approval at 46 percent.

Simultaneously, the GOP’s presidential field narrowed to two established candidates, both of whom are already running even with Obama in the polls. An Aug. 31 poll conducted by Quinnipiac University had Texas Gov. Rick Perry at 42 percent against Obama’s 45 percent, and Gov. Mitt Romney even with Obama at 45 percent.

Obama’s own base is beginning to fragment. Union leaders have announced they will be redirecting money from Obama’s race to fund their own state-level campaigns intended to protect union advocates from angry voters and budget-cutting lawmakers...

Read more: August | Barack Obama | Bad Month | The Daily Caller
www.drudgereport.com

Last edited:
President Barack Obama is scheduled to head to Camp David for the weekend before delivering a Labor Day speech in Detroit. This comes on the heels of a horrendous August that saw the president’s poll numbers crash, his political opponents surge, and the economy stop growing.

“It is clearly not a month he’ll look back on fondly,” L.A. Times reporter Matea Gold said on MSNBC Friday morning.

Just-released employment numbers show the U.S. economy netted no new jobs in August, following the creation of only 105,000 jobs between June and July. The national unemployment rate remains at 9.1 percent, while unemployment among Africans-Americans jumped from 15.9 percent in July to 16.7 percent in August.

Gallup’s September 1 results showed Obama’s daily tracking polls had lurched down to 50 percent disapproval and 42 percent approval. In early July, that polling showed disapproval at 45 percent and approval at 46 percent.

Simultaneously, the GOP’s presidential field narrowed to two established candidates, both of whom are already running even with Obama in the polls. An Aug. 31 poll conducted by Quinnipiac University had Texas Gov. Rick Perry at 42 percent against Obama’s 45 percent, and Gov. Mitt Romney even with Obama at 45 percent.

Obama’s own base is beginning to fragment. Union leaders have announced they will be redirecting money from Obama’s race to fund their own state-level campaigns intended to protect union advocates from angry voters and budget-cutting lawmakers...

Read more: August | Barack Obama | Bad Month | The Daily Caller

And More:

Democrats Distancing Themselves From Obama

It’s been a tough summer for swing-district Democrats seeking reelection in 2012 with a president at the top of the ticket whose approval ratings are in the weeds.
As these members begin to focus on their reelection bids after Labor Day, they are increasingly calculating how close is too close to an unpopular President Obama.
Take Rep. Peter DeFazio, D-Ore., who represents a district that nearly went for Republican George W. Bush in 2004. In a recent local TV interview, DeFazio said of Obama that the word “fight” isn’t “in his vocabulary” -- and he then repeated the criticism to constituents at a town hall. Or Rep. Bill Owens, D-N.Y., who won a Republican-friendly district in a special election last year and pointedly declined to endorse the sitting president last week.
The president’s dismal poll ratings, should they continue into next year, could sink Democratic hopes for reclaiming ground in the House and retaining control of the Senate -- especially in battleground states and swing districts.
“If he is where he is now, it’s not going to work for Democrats,” said Rep. Dan Boren, D-Okla., who opted earlier this year not to seek reelection in his competitive district.

And even the Statists are bailing to save thier own asses. They know a storm is coming...

Forum List

Back