Police breaking up pro-Palestinian protest on VCU campus, arrests being made

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia

RICHMOND, Va. (WRIC) — Police are working to break up a pro-Palestinian protest advocating for a ceasefire in Gaza in Richmond Monday night, making multiple arrests and deploying chemical agents on protesters as they tore down their encampment.

The protest outside of the Virginia Commonwealth University (VCU) James Cabell Library began earlier in the day on Monday, April 29, following several other similar protests across the nation.

Individuals gathered on VCU’s Monroe Park campus carrying signs saying “Free Palestine” and “Ceasefire Now,” among others.

8News team members on the ground witnessed VCU Police in riot gear create a police line around 8:30 p.m., exiting from a bus that had been staged near the protest’s encampment.

• Image-26.jpg
    Photo: Rolynn Wilson, 8News
  • Image-24.jpg
  • Image-23.jpg
  • Image-25.jpg
  • Image-26.jpg
  • Image-24.jpg

Soon after, a VCU alert was sent out calling the protest “violent” and an unlawful assembly was declared. Police then moved in on the protesters, working to break apart their line. Some of them were seen wearing gas masks.

8News team members on the ground said they saw hundreds of officers moving in, taking down the barricade by force. Virginia State Police deputies were seen among them, as well as officers with the Richmond Police Department.

Here they brought the makings for a good "pallet party" and wasted it.....Maybe the NYU guy was right, they need to get laid. ;)

You know, even though this happened in Virginia I'm not even mad......Let this shit go on and escalate throughout the summer. Let it serve as a reminder to sane Americans.

From what I'm hearing all students arrested or IDed in the area are getting suspended, no finals, no credits.

Last edited:
I think wearing masks to riots has more to do with not getting your face IDed on film and protecting yourself against tear gas.

Protestors have always worn masks to riots.
Thing was that before covid you could only wear a mask in public if you had a doctor's note....Wearing a mask in commission of any crime was a year add-on.

Thing was that before covid you could only wear a mask in public if you had a doctor's note....Wearing a mask in commission of any crime was a year add-on.
Protesting the first amendment, isn't a crime though, is it?

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.[4]

Protesting the first amendment, isn't a crime though, is it?

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.[4]

There was a list of exceptions.

That said if you are so "committed" to a "cause" then why not show your face? To do otherwise seems cowardly to me.

Add to that once a crime is committed your 1st amendment right goes right out the door.

They are not "Protestors". they are insurrectionists. Should be squashed like Bugs.
Wow. I haven't read something so anti-American, in a very long time.

Nice.

You sound a lot like the leftists sound, about the rioters who got out of control on Jan. 6th.

. . . I don't think any of this is a mistake, TBH.

Wow. I haven't read something so anti-American, in a very long time.

Nice.

You sound a lot like the leftists sound, about the rioters who got out of control on Jan. 6th.

. . . I don't think any of this is a mistake, TBH.

Have you heard the filth they are shouting? Bunch of Nazis.

Have you heard the filth they are shouting? Bunch of Nazis.
As long as they are not blocking entrance and exits to buildings, camping out, and engaging in violence, that is called freedom of speech.

Tell me you are not really an American and don't understand the first Amendment, with out saying anything. . . really, continue writing authoritarian bullshit. Go on.

As long as they are not blocking entrance and exits to buildings, camping out, and engaging in violence, that is called freedom of speech.

Tell me you are not really an American and don't understand the first Amendment, with out saying anything. . . really, continue writing authoritarian bullshit. Go on.
Yes. :Looks like the same "Freedom of Speech" Der Master Race used in Der Vaterland in 1933. However , Trump gets indicted for saying "March PEACEFULLY to Capitol and be heard. " Proves the Democrats practice DoubleThink.

Yes. :Looks like the same "Freedom of Speech" Der Master Race used in Der Vaterland in 1933. However , Trump gets indicted for saying "March PEACEFULLY to Capitol and be heard. " Proves the Democrats practice DoubleThink.
iu

Forum List

Back