Number of Jobs Added in August?

Let's look at schools before we had free public education in this country. The wealthy could afford to educate their children while the poor couldn't even teach their kids to read and write. Education is the great equalizer in this country. A free public school education where poor kids receive the same education as wealthy kids is what made this country great

But that has never really been the case. It isn't the case today.

If you want a good education, you go to a parochial school, a suburban school, a charter school or a private school.

If you go to an Urban Public School, you'll get a diploma, but you might not be able to read it.

Like I said, I went to Catholic Schools, and I got to go along side the spawn of all the Democratic Politicians in Chicago. As much as Democrats love Public Education, they'd never expose their own children to it. :eek:

Healthcare in this country is now provided primarily by employers who buy from private insurance companies. Both are primarily concerned with their own profits rather than the health of the worker

True enough.

But how did we get there?

We got there because the government insisted on freezing wages during WWII, and limiting the ability of workers to change jobs to get higher paychecks. So in order to retain and attract top talent, employers started offering health insurance as a benefit. Now that system is broken because in an aging population, health inflation running three times normal inflation, and labor being the one cost employers can most easily control, we have a lot of pressure on a system that can't keep up.

Let's look at schools before we had free public education in this country. The wealthy could afford to educate their children while the poor couldn't even teach their kids to read and write. Education is the great equalizer in this country. A free public school education where poor kids receive the same education as wealthy kids is what made this country great

If you want a good education, you go to a parochial school, a suburban school, a charter school or a private school.

If you go to an Urban Public School, you'll get a diploma, but you might not be able to read it.

Like I said, I went to Catholic Schools, and I got to go along side the spawn of all the Democratic Politicians in Chicago. As much as Democrats love Public Education, they'd never expose their own children to it. :eek:

Healthcare in this country is now provided primarily by employers who buy from private insurance companies. Both are primarily concerned with their own profits rather than the health of the worker

True enough.

We got there because the government insisted on freezing wages during WWII, and limiting the ability of workers to change jobs to get higher paychecks. So in order to retain and attract top talent, employers started offering health insurance as a benefit. Now that system is broken because in an aging population, health inflation running three times normal inflation, and labor being the one cost employers can most easily control, we have a lot of pressure on a system that can't keep up.

An overwhelming percentage of Americans have attended public schools and managed to be successful. There are failing schools in urban areas...but there are no assurances that private schools would be able to take the same kids from the same neighborhoods and do a better job

What's the solution?

More tax breaks for billionaires?

We've already seen that doesn't help.

Reaganonics worked I don't know how old you are and really don't care I was alive for carter and lived through Reaganomics. America was the land of milk and honey while reaganomics was going.

FWIW, I started working and paying taxes in 65.

Reagan's policies helped some Americans and hurt others.

Once the FED beat down inflation and could bring the prime rate down from its 20% or so rate, naturally the economy started to recover.

There ARE times when it DOES make sense to give the SUPPLY SIDE tax breaks.

I don't really think the BUSH II tax cuts helped the economy, tho.

I think it helped a very select group of Americans but you and I probably aren't in that class.

True enough.

An overwhelming percentage of Americans have attended public schools and managed to be successful. There are failing schools in urban areas...but there are no assurances that private schools would be able to take the same kids from the same neighborhoods and do a better job

The key indicator (that single factor with the highest correlation to good school performance, I mean) for how children will do in school is NOT the school they attend but the socio-economy of the place from whence most students are drawn.

I suspect most of us understand that the real key is how much the PARENTS care about how kids do in school.

Last edited:
As Editec says, an affinity for an education has to be fostered in the home, the greatest schools in the country won't help a kid who doesn't give a shit.

As Editec says, an affinity for an education has to be fostered in the home, the greatest schools in the country won't help a kid who doesn't give a shit.

Exactly

Education is not respected, teachers are not respected and the schools are not respected

Doesn't matter if it is public or private...if the kid does not want to learn, he won't....and neither will those around him

The numbers are actually much worse. Wait for the revised numbers in a couple of weeks. This Administration has a habit of lying about everything initially. The real revised numbers will be forced out of them in a couple of weeks. And it wont be pretty.

The GOP was the party of no, so 59 senators voted for wasteful spending?

You're complaining about the jobs number and the stimulus is pretty much over. The stimulus propped up the jobs number temporarily,

which is exactly what it was supposed to do.

The stimulus was a tempary fix that obama was hoping the economy would be better through it's natural course, Guess what he was wrong and wastefully spent money we don't have.

Should he have done nothing? You think you idiots would be praising him now if he'd done nothing?

You're complaining about the jobs number and the stimulus is pretty much over. The stimulus propped up the jobs number temporarily,

The stimulus was a tempary fix that obama was hoping the economy would be better through it's natural course, Guess what he was wrong and wastefully spent money we don't have.

Should he have done nothing? You think you idiots would be praising him now if he'd done nothing?

It would have had the same effect.

3 million? Oh I see take the high end of a preposterous estimate of a 200% fudge factor- 1.4 to 3.2 million......please huh...:lol:

ah ses we have switched tack now, its the dumb ass public's fault for not spending? yup that will go far....what the hell, hes blamed everyone else including a friggin earthquake and the arabs....I guess he just controls the tides, Irene not notwithstanding....:lol:

and those jobs are going as we speak, the stimulus was supposed to kick start the economy to pay state public sector employee - all he did ala cash for clunkers was buy time...and? epic fail....

When did I 'switch tack' exactly?

your position has been stimulus has saved or created jobs, so it appears in your last message you finally admitted its more saved then created, ( even assuming that totally pie in the sky cbo number is anywhere near actuate) and the saved jobs is getting the hack as we speak, so thats a fail, and, since its pretty clear we have not created any net jobs thats a dead end too,so in effect hes failed and you are now flailing around with inane threads on the bush tax cuts...looking for another reason to avoid the facts.

What part of the word 'finite' don't you understand? The stimulus was a finite amount of money. It was spent to save or create jobs TEMPORARILY. Which is exactly what it did.

The fact that the economy may be in a worse, more sustained period of slow growth and slow job creation that is now running beyond the scope of the stimulus has nothing to do with what the stimulus did.

Would you like to save or create 3 million more jobs? To tide us over another 2 years with maybe the economy itself getting out of its rut in the meantime? You get that with another stimulus,

which is never going to happen.

OMG, but you are clueless! The "jobs" created by the Democratic stimulus were in the Public Sector instead of the Private Sector. Only an idiot would expect them to be sustainable when the money to do so has to come from the Private Sector. It's Obama's fault because he doesn't understand basic economic principles.

That's simply false.

And if the stimulus money creates a private sector job, i.e., building a bridge or repairing a road...

...how is that not temporary?

You obviously are one more person who doesn't understand how stimulus works.

:lol:how many weatherization jobs have been created, what have they accomplished and, whats the cost per job...go ahead, I'll wait.

Just do the research:

Minnesota Weatherization stimulus money:

1. 132 million in stimulus funds, 116 million spent.

2. 17,153 homes weatherized

3. 500 fulltime jobs created or saved for 2 years.

4. Average savings per household after weatherization $400/year

5. For every direct job funded by the program, an additional three-quarters of a job was created in the private sector in the state.

6. Each dollar spent on weatherization generated an additional $1.09, on average, of economic activity in Minnesota.

7. For every dollar earned by a weatherization worker, an additional 86 cents was earned by workers in other state industries.

Weatherization assistance program reaches goal | Alexandria Echo Press | Alexandria, Minnesota

You can do the other 49 states if it means that much to you.

That's simply false.

And if the stimulus money creates a private sector job, i.e., building a bridge or repairing a road...

...how is that not temporary?

You obviously are one more person who doesn't understand how stimulus works.

:lol:how many weatherization jobs have been created, what have they accomplished and, whats the cost per job...go ahead, I'll wait.

Just do the research:

Minnesota Weatherization stimulus money:

1. 132 million in stimulus funds, 116 million spent.

2. 17,153 homes weatherized

3. 500 fulltime jobs created or saved for 2 years.

4. Average savings per household after weatherization $400/year

5. For every direct job funded by the program, an additional three-quarters of a job was created in the private sector in the state.

6. Each dollar spent on weatherization generated an additional $1.09, on average, of economic activity in Minnesota.

7. For every dollar earned by a weatherization worker, an additional 86 cents was earned by workers in other state industries.

Weatherization assistance program reaches goal | Alexandria Echo Press | Alexandria, Minnesota

You can do the other 49 states if it means that much to you.

Some very expensive jobs, I see.
Plus....those jobs saved just doesn't fly....that is where the fuzzy math enters into the equation.

He wouldn't have created 16 trillion in debt. your great great great grand children will thank you every night when they finish working those 20 hour work days just to pay ther taxes

What's the solution?

More tax breaks for billionaires?

We've already seen that doesn't help.

Reaganonics worked I don't know how old you are and really don't care I was alive for carter and lived through Reaganomics. America was the land of milk and honey while reaganomics was going.

FWIW, I started working and paying taxes in 65.

Once the FED beat down inflation and could bring the prime rate down from its 20% or so rate, naturally the economy started to recover.

There ARE times when it DOES make sense to give the SUPPLY SIDE tax breaks.

I don't really think the BUSH II tax cuts helped the economy, tho.

I think it helped a very select group of Americans but you and I probably aren't in that class.

His policies mave have hurt those in the system but those who were working they lived high and their wealth grew. I know mine did.

When did I 'switch tack' exactly?

your position has been stimulus has saved or created jobs, so it appears in your last message you finally admitted its more saved then created, ( even assuming that totally pie in the sky cbo number is anywhere near actuate) and the saved jobs is getting the hack as we speak, so thats a fail, and, since its pretty clear we have not created any net jobs thats a dead end too,so in effect hes failed and you are now flailing around with inane threads on the bush tax cuts...looking for another reason to avoid the facts.

What part of the word 'finite' don't you understand? The stimulus was a finite amount of money. It was spent to save or create jobs TEMPORARILY. Which is exactly what it did.

The fact that the economy may be in a worse, more sustained period of slow growth and slow job creation that is now running beyond the scope of the stimulus has nothing to do with what the stimulus did.

Would you like to save or create 3 million more jobs? To tide us over another 2 years with maybe the economy itself getting out of its rut in the meantime? You get that with another stimulus,

which is never going to happen.
That's all you wanted? Tide us over!! What a load.

That is why you will not see another stimulus yet you are still pushing this crap. The economy is not going to just jump back on track. There are reasons that we have arrived here. Business is discouraged from operating here at all. Regulation, taxation and unfavorable trade policies have chased all business out of this country. No matter how much money you throw at the problem, it is not going to magically go away and to try the same exact thing over again is absolute insanity. How can you fail to understand that the first round did not work? Lying about the intention does not help either. The stimulus was not meant to be temporary. It was meant to create demand that would grow the private sector to take over after the funds ran out. That was the intention. Those government positions were supposed to be creating demand and therefore positions for them to work at when their government ones dried up. That did not happen. It will never happen. Throwing another trillion away will not help us.

Let me ask you, if another trillion in stimulus was used and the problem never went away would you then be advocating a third? How many trillions must we set to fire before you realize that will not fix the problem?

Last edited:
The Keynesian STIMULUS of $780 Billion was much too small to work on an economy that lost as much liquidity as our lost in the RE and BANKSTER'S meltdown.

ESPECIALLY given that 38% of it was tax breaks rather than new spending.

Throw into my list of complaints the fact that much of the money didn't go to projects that put NEW people to work, but that merely kept people working in the public sector.

Throw into my list of complaints the fact that even now we are reducing the amount of money going to the consuming class as the State governments and local government begin laying people off.

We have not done the necessary things we need to do to stimulate the economy BECAUSE we are continuing to do things that cost people jobs.

In fact we are now doing things that are guaranteed to further mortify the economy.

Last edited:

I suppose then that a 'good school' is one that fosters interest in education for wayward yoots.

That's not something that has to be exclusive to private schools; Although if they pay better and have better work conditions, the most qualified candidates are likely to continue to flock to such institutions.

Is there a good reason a public school can't be just as good? Nah.

Tea party is in the WhiteHouse? They're setting policy and not the branches of our government??

You are indeed an idiot winger, swallow

And you're still a flaming quiff. No swallow for you little fagolita.

Which of the 20 or so bills passed by the house concerned jobs? Eh?

Laziest congress in history. Also the rudiest and the most stupid.

They are all lazy from the President on down, and in both houses, republican and democrat. But they are not stupid they are spoiled brats who just dont give a shit. They like to say things like "elections have consequences". Both parties need to feel some consequences.

Elections have NO conseqences when both parties have about as much difference as the difference between COKE AND PEPSI.

The ONLY people elections have consequences for are the INSIDERS who are like competing flocks of vultures squabbling over a corpse.

Hopey Changey Land...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DjOfuPo_vzU]Obama Isn't Working: Chicago - YouTube[/ame]

Need i say more? See ya in 2012.

Forum List

Back