Now, It's Not Just Sports

...A co-op, for example, could have a parent oversee several children in their co-op doing remote learning and the parents whose kids she's observing can chip in to offset some of the costs. ....

Hmmm.... what does that sound like?
Like a group of people voluntarily paying one of their own to oversee their kids. How it differs from a traditional government school is the overseer is part of the group of parents, not an unknown outsider......

Most teachers I know live and raise their own children in the same district in which they teach. Members of local school boards are (as the name suggests) local residents of the area, not "unknown outsiders."

I like how Parser praises the opening post protraying the Tennemin Square Cartoon. I hope he is not correct about further in his post saying kids 50 years from now will not know of the things presently happening. But it could come to be. I read a post in a car forum from an American when the Covid came to light. He had worked in China for a few years and married a Chinese woman and now they are in Arizona. His wife in her mid thirties knew nothing of Tennemin Square.

On TV I saw a couple of Democrats speaking of the need for reeducation camps for Trumpers. In my opinion confinement of groups is one of the dirty spots of our history. Two I can think of off the top of my head are American Indians moved to Reservations and the WW II camps for Japanese Americans. Sugar coated history is fine for grammar school, but as we get older we need to know the good and bad to keep from making the same mistakes.

If you are a government school grad, I probably have to explain

Beats Home Skool

Look at me! I is a Teecher!
That would be funny if most homeschooled kids performed worse than their government school counterparts. They don't, so it's just desperate. I think it just chaps your drawers that a parent with a high school education can teach her kids better at home than teachers with master's degrees in a government school.
The parent does little if the child can read and follow directions. I homeschooled two kids we used computers.
We did too. A motivated parent makes the difference.

Now, it's interesting that a teacher with a master's degree in teaching, backed up by a multi-billion dollar education system, complete with cabinet level representation in Washington, can be outdone by a motivated parent and a computer. Makes you wonder why we aren't dialing down the government school system and dialing up home schooling.

Ok. How would you "dial it up"?
Offer tax incentives for homeschooling ......

Do you think that tax incentives would offset what dual-working parents have to do to work and pay the bills?
Not at all, but it would make it easier for the parents dedicated to their children's education.
Families with both parents working one or more jobs are no less dedicated to their children's education because they are driving themselves to an early grave for their children's food and shelter.
There are ways to accomplish home schooling, even when both parents have to work. A co-op, for example, could have a parent oversee several children in their co-op doing remote learning and the parents whose kids she's observing can chip in to offset some of the costs. IOW, you don't have to solve every single problem before embracing a solution. Allow the people to come up with their own solutions. And, there can always be traditional government schools for parents who have to work and do not have any other choice. This is the critical point, offer MORE options, not LESS.

Seems like those options are all available now.
They are, but in this day of social distancing and our failing government school system, we need to make educating children at home easier, not harder.

...A co-op, for example, could have a parent oversee several children in their co-op doing remote learning and the parents whose kids she's observing can chip in to offset some of the costs. ....

Hmmm.... what does that sound like?
Like a group of people voluntarily paying one of their own to oversee their kids. How it differs from a traditional government school is the overseer is part of the group of parents, not an unknown outsider......

Most teachers I know live and raise their own children in the same district in which they teach. Members of local school boards are (as the name suggests) local residents of the area, not "unknown outsiders."
How many parents of government school children actually know their kids' teachers like they would fellow parents in a co-op? Not many.

1. If you are a government school grad, I probably have to explain who Voltaire was, to you.

"François-Marie Arouet (French: [fʁɑ̃swa maʁi aʁwɛ]; 21 November 1694 – 30 May 1778), known by his nom de plume Voltaire (/vɒlˈtɛər, voʊl-/;[5][6][7] also US: /vɔːl-/,[8][9] French: [vɔltɛːʁ]), was a French Enlightenment writer, historian, and philosopher famous for his wit, his criticism of Christianity—especially the Roman Catholic Church—as well as his advocacy of freedom of speech, freedom of religion, and separation of church and state. "

2. You should keep the phrase 'freedom of speech' written somewhere, as it will disappear from the lexicon.
.... the phrase: "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it" as an illustration of Voltaire's beliefs.

3. America under the Wehrmacht.....er, Democrat Party, has a very different ethos.
"Was Curt Schilling's insurance canceled? Baseball legend says AIG ended his policy due to pro-Trump posts
There have been debates on whether former League pitcher Curt Schilling deserves to make it to the Hall of Fame. The outspoken sportsman, who is also an ardent Trump supporter claimed AIG canceled his insurance on Tuesday, January 12 due to his social media profile. According to a report by TheBlaze, Schilling said his assertion was real and he also added a screenshot of a chat between him and the representative. "

4. "Bill Belichick declines Presidential Medal of Freedom offer from Trump"

View attachment 442719
Voltaire?
Something to do with electricity?

... I do not see your main objection to offering MORE options instead of FEWER.....

I don't recall voicing any objection.
You have had nothing positive to say about any of the proposals I've put forth, so the question naturally becomes, do you support efforts to make home schooling more widespread, given our current climate of social distancing and the failing government school system?

Beats Home Skool

That would be funny if most homeschooled kids performed worse than their government school counterparts. They don't, so it's just desperate. I think it just chaps your drawers that a parent with a high school education can teach her kids better at home than teachers with master's degrees in a government school.
The parent does little if the child can read and follow directions. I homeschooled two kids we used computers.

Now, it's interesting that a teacher with a master's degree in teaching, backed up by a multi-billion dollar education system, complete with cabinet level representation in Washington, can be outdone by a motivated parent and a computer. Makes you wonder why we aren't dialing down the government school system and dialing up home schooling.

Do you think that tax incentives would offset what dual-working parents have to do to work and pay the bills?
Not at all, but it would make it easier for the parents dedicated to their children's education.
Families with both parents working one or more jobs are no less dedicated to their children's education because they are driving themselves to an early grave for their children's food and shelter.

Maybe, maybe not.

If true, they are unaware of what is going on.

Are we going to go on this merry-go-round again? You will be forced to admit you don't know what "is going on" in public schools on a day to day basis, and you will pretend sensationalist reports of isolated events must represent all teachers and all schools despite the fact that you know this to be illogical. Let's save the bandwidth and take the 20-30 posts that merry-go-round would entail again as a given. Defensiveness can be set aside, because I am not demeaning or opposing home schooling for those families who chose it and can accomplish it. Any family's reasons for so choosing is their business, not mine.

" You will be forced to admit you don't know what "is going on" in public schools...."

Au contraire.

You are simply too close to the forest to see the trees.

Beats Home Skool

There are ways to accomplish home schooling, even when both parents have to work. A co-op, for example, could have a parent oversee several children in their co-op doing remote learning and the parents whose kids she's observing can chip in to offset some of the costs. IOW, you don't have to solve every single problem before embracing a solution. Allow the people to come up with their own solutions. And, there can always be traditional government schools for parents who have to work and do not have any other choice. This is the critical point, offer MORE options, not LESS.

Seems like those options are all available now.
They are, but in this day of social distancing and our failing government school system, we need to make educating children at home easier, not harder.

Anything that is in the best interests of students is fine by me.

Your meme of Trump standing in front of the "tanks" is almost perfect.
He should be giving them the finger too.
That image isn’t Trump. He’d never be caught dead with rolled up sleeves. And his Skin isn’t orange.

Most teachers I know live and raise their own children in the same district

"Most teachers I know live and raise their own children in the same district..."

Let's check.

Public School teachers are more likely than individuals of similar income to send their children to private schools.

Let’s pass a statute that requires all those who work for a government to send their children to public school.

....and the overseer is not there to indoctrinate, just to facilitate. ....

Teachers are not there to "indoctrinate" either.

I like how Parser praises the opening post protraying the Tennemin Square Cartoon. I hope he is not correct about further in his post saying kids 50 years from now will not know of the things presently happening. But it could come to be. I read a post in a car forum from an American when the Covid came to light. He had worked in China for a few years and married a Chinese woman and now they are in Arizona. His wife in her mid thirties knew nothing of Tennemin Square.

On TV I saw a couple of Democrats speaking of the need for reeducation camps for Trumpers. In my opinion confinement of groups is one of the dirty spots of our history. Two I can think of off the top of my head are American Indians moved to Reservations and the WW II camps for Japanese Americans. Sugar coated history is fine for grammar school, but as we get older we need to know the good and bad to keep from making the same mistakes.

Knowledge will not be the coin of the realm if the Wehrmacht....er, Democrat Party maintains control.

1. If you are a government school grad, I probably have to explain who Voltaire was, to you.

"François-Marie Arouet (French: [fʁɑ̃swa maʁi aʁwɛ]; 21 November 1694 – 30 May 1778), known by his nom de plume Voltaire (/vɒlˈtɛər, voʊl-/;[5][6][7] also US: /vɔːl-/,[8][9] French: [vɔltɛːʁ]), was a French Enlightenment writer, historian, and philosopher famous for his wit, his criticism of Christianity—especially the Roman Catholic Church—as well as his advocacy of freedom of speech, freedom of religion, and separation of church and state. "

2. You should keep the phrase 'freedom of speech' written somewhere, as it will disappear from the lexicon.
.... the phrase: "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it" as an illustration of Voltaire's beliefs.

3. America under the Wehrmacht.....er, Democrat Party, has a very different ethos.
"Was Curt Schilling's insurance canceled? Baseball legend says AIG ended his policy due to pro-Trump posts
There have been debates on whether former League pitcher Curt Schilling deserves to make it to the Hall of Fame. The outspoken sportsman, who is also an ardent Trump supporter claimed AIG canceled his insurance on Tuesday, January 12 due to his social media profile. According to a report by TheBlaze, Schilling said his assertion was real and he also added a screenshot of a chat between him and the representative. "

4. "Bill Belichick declines Presidential Medal of Freedom offer from Trump"

View attachment 442719
Voltaire?
Something to do with electricity?

Air conditioning.

"Public School teachers are more likely than individuals of similar income to send their children to private schools.

Let’s pass a statute that requires all those who work for a government to send their children to public school."

True, they do send their kids to private school. The reason is they are forced by many restrictions and regulations to make school a day care center. They want their kids to learn. Instead of forcing these teachers to send their kids to public school, why not voucers for the same that is put into public schools made available for parents who wish to send their kids to private schools to get a better education.

Beats Home Skool

Maybe, maybe not.

If true, they are unaware of what is going on.

Are we going to go on this merry-go-round again? You will be forced to admit you don't know what "is going on" in public schools on a day to day basis, and you will pretend sensationalist reports of isolated events must represent all teachers and all schools despite the fact that you know this to be illogical. Let's save the bandwidth and take the 20-30 posts that merry-go-round would entail again as a given. Defensiveness can be set aside, because I am not demeaning or opposing home schooling for those families who chose it and can accomplish it. Any family's reasons for so choosing is their business, not mine.

" You will be forced to admit you don't know what "is going on" in public schools...."

Au contraire.

You are simply too close to the forest to see the trees.

"Public School teachers are more likely than individuals of similar income to send their children to private schools.

Let’s pass a statute that requires all those who work for a government to send their children to public school."

True, they do send their kids to private school. The reason is they are forced by many restrictions and regulations to make school a day care center. They want their kids to learn. Instead of forcing these teachers to send their kids to public school, why not voucers for the same that is put into public schools made available for parents who wish to send their kids to private schools to get a better education.

" Instead of forcing these teachers to send their kids to public school, why not voucers for the same that is put into public schools made available for parents who wish to send their kids to private schools to get a better education."

Better education. My point exactly.

The Democrats will never allow vouchers.

And, the Fascists....Democrats.....want to end the right to home educate.
Holder vs. home schooling
Posted by Chad Groening (American Family News) - February 25, 2013

Share on linkedinShare on facebookShare on twitterShare on emailMore Sharing Services14

A border enforcement advocate is outraged that Attorney General Eric Holder is trying to deport a Christian home schooling family while he continues to give a pass to most illegal aliens.

In 2010, a U.S. immigration judge granted asylum to Uwe and Hannelore Romeike and their six children, who came to the United States from Germany after the German government forced the children to attend public school, where they were harassed and bullied for being Christians.

The couple also objected to a number of things the school textbooks taught their children, so they knew they would receive a better education at home. However, because home schooling is illegal in Germany, the government stepped in, removed the children from their home and fined the parents thousands of euros.

So, after gaining asylum, the family settled in Tennessee.

But now, Holder and the Department of Homeland Security are asking the courts to withdraw the political asylum status and have the family deported back to Germany. The attorney general now claims the family's fundamental rights were not violated by Germany's law that forbids home schooling.

William Gheen, president of Americans for Legal Immigration (ALIPAC), notes the double standard.

"They're spending probably millions of dollars of tax money to try to deport this Christian family while fighting at the same time to allow millions of illegal immigrants from Central and South America free rein here in the country," he points out.

Gheen suggests the design of the Obama administration is to flood the country with as many people who will vote against the interests of the Americans who have dominated U.S. politics for the last 200 years.

"The Christian family from Germany is the type of people who would support Christians who have built America up for over 200 years, and illegal immigrants from Mexico are the types who will vote to tear that down and destroy it," he asserts.

The Home School Legal Defense Association (HSLDA) is representing the family and is fighting to allow them to remain in the United States.

ALIPAC recalls President Obama's Religious Freedom Day proclamation: "Today, we … remember that religious liberty is not just an American right; it is a universal human right to be protected here at home and across the globe. This freedom is an essential part of human dignity, and without it our world cannot know lasting peace."

He also urged people to "remember the legacy of faith and independence we have inherited, and let us honor it by forever upholding our right to exercise our beliefs free from prejudice or persecution …"

But with the recent change of events, the HSLDA points out how Holder and the U.S. government seems to be forgetting one of the grounds for asylum is when persecution is aimed at a "particular social group" -- a group that shows an "immutable" characteristic that cannot change or should not be required to change.

"We contend that German home schoolers are a particular social group who are being persecuted by their government," the HSLDA states.

If the family is sent back to Germany, the parents could face more large fines, jail time, and even losing custody of their children.

ALIPAC also warns that this case could serve as legal precedent for Obama's efforts to outlaw home schooling in the U.S.

See more at: http://www.onenewsnow.com/latest-he...holder-vs-home-schooling#sthash.5WhIE6mr.dpuf

“Eric Holder: Banning Homeschooling Doesn’t Violate Fundamental Rights” https://caffeinatedthoughts.com/2013/02/eric-holder-banning-homeschooling-doesnt-violate-fundamental-rights/

If Liberals fear home schooling….it must be the right path for real Americans.

Forum List

Back