Now, It's Not Just Sports

PoliticalChic

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
1. If you are a government school grad, I probably have to explain who Voltaire was, to you.

"François-Marie Arouet (French: [fʁɑ̃swa maʁi aʁwɛ]; 21 November 1694 – 30 May 1778), known by his nom de plume Voltaire (/vɒlˈtɛər, voʊl-/;[5][6][7] also US: /vɔːl-/,[8][9] French: [vɔltɛːʁ]), was a French Enlightenment writer, historian, and philosopher famous for his wit, his criticism of Christianity—especially the Roman Catholic Church—as well as his advocacy of freedom of speech, freedom of religion, and separation of church and state. "

2. You should keep the phrase 'freedom of speech' written somewhere, as it will disappear from the lexicon.
.... the phrase: "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it" as an illustration of Voltaire's beliefs.

3. America under the Wehrmacht.....er, Democrat Party, has a very different ethos.
"Was Curt Schilling's insurance canceled? Baseball legend says AIG ended his policy due to pro-Trump posts
There have been debates on whether former League pitcher Curt Schilling deserves to make it to the Hall of Fame. The outspoken sportsman, who is also an ardent Trump supporter claimed AIG canceled his insurance on Tuesday, January 12 due to his social media profile. According to a report by TheBlaze, Schilling said his assertion was real and he also added a screenshot of a chat between him and the representative. "

4. "Bill Belichick declines Presidential Medal of Freedom offer from Trump"

1610633799488.png

Curt Shilling is very borderline on HoF. He’s not some lock who is being denied because of his views. He had some very good, gritty postseason performances that people remember. He also had some very mediocre regular season records.

If you are a government school grad, I probably have to explain who Voltaire was, to you.
Riiiight...because your madrasa is certainly teaching about Voltaire.
:laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301:
I think a politically motivated cancelation of his insurance is a much more troubling story

The mostly non-jocks who vote on the players are well known for their leftwing political leanings

so political bias is a given

but canceling car insurance because he’s a trump supporter?

This is red china CCP dictatorship territory

So you’re one of those elitists you like to fake rail against?
If Republicans didn't LIE, they'd have NOTHING to say!

Proving you a liar and a fool is more like reinventing the wheel.....it's been done so many times before....

But, because I enjoy doing it.....let's get to actual lies:
Nothing Trump has prevaricated about amounts to a hill of beans compared to these examples:

1. Obama told illegal aliens to go and vote, saying "When you vote, you're a citizen yourself."

2. After promising that Iran would never get nuclear weapons, Obama guaranteed them nukes.

October 7 2008, in the second presidential debate: "We cannot allow Iran to get a nuclear weapon. It would be a game-changer in the region. Not only would it threaten Israel, our strongest ally in the region and one of our strongest allies in the world, but it would also create a possibility of nuclear weapons falling into the hands of terrorists. And so it's unacceptable. And I will do everything that's required to prevent it. And we will never take military options off the table"

The first is an attack on America, the second, on all of Western Civilization.

If you are a government school grad, I probably have to explain who Voltaire was, to you.
He can't even pronounce the name and he's a private schooled Ivy league grad. Evidently Ivy league schools are as bad a s public schools..

I think a politically motivated cancelation of his insurance is a much more troubling story

The mostly non-jocks who vote on the players are well known for their leftwing political leanings

so political bias is a given

but canceling car insurance because he’s a trump supporter?

This is red china CCP dictatorship territory
Never happened.

If you are a government school grad, I probably have to explain

Beats Home Skool

Look at me! I is a Teecher!
That would be funny if most homeschooled kids performed worse than their government school counterparts. They don't, so it's just desperate. I think it just chaps your drawers that a parent with a high school education can teach her kids better at home than teachers with master's degrees in a government school.

Beats Home Skool

That would be funny if most homeschooled kids performed worse than their government school counterparts. They don't, so it's just desperate. I think it just chaps your drawers that a parent with a high school education can teach her kids better at home than teachers with master's degrees in a government school.

I wonder if government school is where the poster you've addressed, learned to lie.

Beats Home Skool

The parent does little if the child can read and follow directions. I homeschooled two kids we used computers.

Beats Home Skool

I wonder if government school is where the poster you've addressed, learned to lie.
Why would it matter since all humans lie it is a fact..
Compulsive eaters, alcoholics, and other addicts often die because they lie to themselves and others about their lives. Although never found on a resume, all humans are consummate liars. We tell between 20 and 200 lies a day experts say

Beats Home Skool

The parent does little if the child can read and follow directions. I homeschooled two kids we used computers.
We did too. A motivated parent makes the difference.

Now, it's interesting that a teacher with a master's degree in teaching, backed up by a multi-billion dollar education system, complete with cabinet level representation in Washington, can be outdone by a motivated parent and a computer. Makes you wonder why we aren't dialing down the government school system and dialing up home schooling.

Forum List

Back