Now, It's Not Just Sports

1. If you are a government school grad, I probably have to explain who Voltaire was, to you.

"François-Marie Arouet (French: [fʁɑ̃swa maʁi aʁwɛ]; 21 November 1694 – 30 May 1778), known by his nom de plume Voltaire (/vɒlˈtɛər, voʊl-/;[5][6][7] also US: /vɔːl-/,[8][9] French: [vɔltɛːʁ]), was a French Enlightenment writer, historian, and philosopher famous for his wit, his criticism of Christianity—especially the Roman Catholic Church—as well as his advocacy of freedom of speech, freedom of religion, and separation of church and state. "

2. You should keep the phrase 'freedom of speech' written somewhere, as it will disappear from the lexicon.
.... the phrase: "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it" as an illustration of Voltaire's beliefs.

3. America under the Wehrmacht.....er, Democrat Party, has a very different ethos.
"Was Curt Schilling's insurance canceled? Baseball legend says AIG ended his policy due to pro-Trump posts
There have been debates on whether former League pitcher Curt Schilling deserves to make it to the Hall of Fame. The outspoken sportsman, who is also an ardent Trump supporter claimed AIG canceled his insurance on Tuesday, January 12 due to his social media profile. According to a report by TheBlaze, Schilling said his assertion was real and he also added a screenshot of a chat between him and the representative. "

4. "Bill Belichick declines Presidential Medal of Freedom offer from Trump"

View attachment 442719

The ‘funny’ emoticon appears to mean ‘That hurt…I wish I had a way to dispute it.”

If you are a government school grad, I probably have to explain

Beats Home Skool

Look at me! I is a Teecher!
That would be funny if most homeschooled kids performed worse than their government school counterparts. They don't, so it's just desperate. I think it just chaps your drawers that a parent with a high school education can teach her kids better at home than teachers with master's degrees in a government school.
The parent does little if the child can read and follow directions. I homeschooled two kids we used computers.
We did too. A motivated parent makes the difference.

Now, it's interesting that a teacher with a master's degree in teaching, backed up by a multi-billion dollar education system, complete with cabinet level representation in Washington, can be outdone by a motivated parent and a computer. Makes you wonder why we aren't dialing down the government school system and dialing up home schooling.

Ok. How would you "dial it up"?
Offer tax incentives for homeschooling ......

Do you think that tax incentives would offset what dual-working parents have to do to work and pay the bills?
Not at all, but it would make it easier for the parents dedicated to their children's education.

...offer the government school curricula online for free.

It already is.

Is this on a government website???

Reigning U.S. ‘Teacher of the Year’ Urges ‘Heroes’ to Commit Terror Attacks Against Republican Lawmakers”

Beats Home Skool

That would be funny if most homeschooled kids performed worse than their government school counterparts. They don't, so it's just desperate. I think it just chaps your drawers that a parent with a high school education can teach her kids better at home than teachers with master's degrees in a government school.
The parent does little if the child can read and follow directions. I homeschooled two kids we used computers.

Now, it's interesting that a teacher with a master's degree in teaching, backed up by a multi-billion dollar education system, complete with cabinet level representation in Washington, can be outdone by a motivated parent and a computer. Makes you wonder why we aren't dialing down the government school system and dialing up home schooling.

Do you think that tax incentives would offset what dual-working parents have to do to work and pay the bills?

Folks must decide what is most important.....their children or a new car.

For a great many, having a second income isn't about a new car; it's about food, medicine, rent, etc. Nice try painting working families as greedy and materialistic instead of harrowed and hard working. If a family can afford it, and at least one parent is able and inclined, more power to 'em. I know quite a few families who are very well-off and have recently chosen to home school their kids. They love their children, and provide equipment, tutors, and all the support they need. It's great. Most of the children involved have indicated to me that they would rather be in school with their friends, but that's for the family to work out. I know many more families who can't afford all the time and the tools to effectively home school their children. They love their children no less than the former.

It already is.

Reigning U.S. ‘Teacher of the Year’ Urges ‘Heroes’ to Commit Terror Attacks Against Republican Lawmakers”

He was talking about district curricula being available online. Why the deflection to an article about some criminal idiot?

Beats Home Skool

Not at all, but it would make it easier for the parents dedicated to their children's education.
Families with both parents working one or more jobs are no less dedicated to their children's education because they are driving themselves to an early grave for their children's food and shelter.

Beats Home Skool

Families with both parents working one or more jobs are no less dedicated to their children's education because they are driving themselves to an early grave for their children's food and shelter.
There are ways to accomplish home schooling, even when both parents have to work. A co-op, for example, could have a parent oversee several children in their co-op doing remote learning and the parents whose kids she's observing can chip in to offset some of the costs. IOW, you don't have to solve every single problem before embracing a solution. Allow the people to come up with their own solutions. And, there can always be traditional government schools for parents who have to work and do not have any other choice. This is the critical point, offer MORE options, not LESS.

Beats Home Skool

Folks must decide what is most important.....their children or a new car.

For a great many, having a second income isn't about a new car; it's about food, medicine, rent, etc. Nice try painting working families as greedy and materialistic instead of harrowed and hard working. If a family can afford it, and at least one parent is able and inclined, more power to 'em. I know quite a few families who are very well-off and have recently chosen to home school their kids. They love their children, and provide equipment, tutors, and all the support they need. It's great. Most of the children involved have indicated to me that they would rather be in school with their friends, but that's for the family to work out. I know many more families who can't afford all the time and the tools to effectively home school their children. They love their children no less than the former.

Know any who can't get food?

Did you know this?
. "The government’s own statistics show that people who are said to be “living in poverty” spend more than $1.50 for each dollar of income they claim." http://theghostfighters.wordpress.c...ding-ovation-the-faculty-were-deathly-silent/

As I stated, there is no real poverty in American.....it is a more a problem of materialism than poverty.

It already is.

He was talking about district curricula being available online. Why the deflection to an article about some criminal idiot?

To prove the sort that is teaching our children in government school.

. "Third-Grade Teacher Has Students Write ‘Get Well’ Cards To Cop Killer Mumia Abu-Jamal A third-grade teacher at a public school in New Jersey is under fire after she encouraged her students to write letters to notorious convicted cop killer Mumia Abu-Jamal, who recently fell ill in prison.

Marylin Zuniga teaches language arts and social studies at Forest Street School in Orange, N.J."

Third-Grade Teacher Has Students Write ‘Get Well’ Cards To Cop Killer Mumia Abu-Jamal

Beats Home Skool

Maybe, maybe not.

If true, they are unaware of what is going on.

1610643634653.png

Beats Home Skool

There are ways to accomplish home schooling, even when both parents have to work. A co-op, for example, could have a parent oversee several children in their co-op doing remote learning and the parents whose kids she's observing can chip in to offset some of the costs. IOW, you don't have to solve every single problem before embracing a solution. Allow the people to come up with their own solutions. And, there can always be traditional government schools for parents who have to work and do not have any other choice. This is the critical point, offer MORE options, not LESS.

I belong to several homeschool organizations here in NYC.

We have talent shows, science fairs and picnics.

All of us submit curriculum outlines and take the same exams government school kids do.....but we do better.

1610644318480.png

...A co-op, for example, could have a parent oversee several children in their co-op doing remote learning and the parents whose kids she's observing can chip in to offset some of the costs. ....

Hmmm.... what does that sound like?

Beats Home Skool

I belong to several homeschool organizations here in NYC.

We have talent shows, science fairs and picnics.

All of us submit curriculum outlines and take the same exams government school kids do.....but we do better.

View attachment 442783

No question that Home Skool is the best option for kids who are socially awkward and can not survive in a public school environment

Beats Home Skool

Maybe, maybe not.

If true, they are unaware of what is going on.

Are we going to go on this merry-go-round again? You will be forced to admit you don't know what "is going on" in public schools on a day to day basis, and you will pretend sensationalist reports of isolated events must represent all teachers and all schools despite the fact that you know this to be illogical. Let's save the bandwidth and take the 20-30 posts that merry-go-round would entail again as a given. Defensiveness can be set aside, because I am not demeaning or opposing home schooling for those families who chose it and can accomplish it. Any family's reasons for so choosing is their business, not mine.

Beats Home Skool

Seems like those options are all available now.

...A co-op, for example, could have a parent oversee several children in their co-op doing remote learning and the parents whose kids she's observing can chip in to offset some of the costs. ....

Hmmm.... what does that sound like?
Like a group of people voluntarily paying one of their own to oversee their kids. How it differs from a traditional government school is the overseer is part of the group of parents, not an unknown outsider, and the overseer is not there to indoctrinate, just to facilitate. I do not see your main objection to offering MORE options instead of FEWER, especially since home schooled kids perform so well.

Forum List

Back