Now Beto O’Rourke Says He Will Buy Back Texans’ AR-15s

That is silly.
The whole point of liberalism is to fight centralized tyranny.
Jefferson was a liberal because he was against a standing federal military, and instead wanted a local militia of citizen soldiers, with their own personal military grade weapons.
Any one who want a federal monopoly in military grade weapons is a fascist, not a liberal, at all, in any way.
We keep making the mistake of calling leftists liberals but these leftists are anything but liberal; there's not a liberal bone in their bodies.

edit because I forgot to add: In the 60s and 70s, we thought the leftists were liberals because they pretended to fight for things like freedom of speech, etc. The minions probably thought they were really fighting for liberal causes but the leaders always understood they were fighting to become today's Democrats. They were always fighting to be fascists, authoritarians, statists, communists.
They are fascists, authoritarians, statists, communists.

There are other countries which have instituted buybacks. Australia did so after a mass shooting.

Their homicide rate has steadily declined ever since.

I believe the Australian buyback was mandatory, though. That was an actual gun grab. Something which would be unconstitutional here.

Although I prefer that murder rates go down, what the murder rates in the US are is not nearly as important an issue is the right to keep and bear arms. Compared to losing any right to any gun, or gun accessory, I'd just as soon see the murder rate skyrocket. My guns are far more important than any one individual's life and even more important than 16000 lives murdered each year.

Cite a gun law that ever worked at stopping criminals.
And yet so many, on the left and on the right, will admit they don't work, even cry out that they don't work so don't pass them, while continuing to support the current laws, calling those laws "reasonable infringements".

O’Rourke stressed his belief that citizens should not be able to buy a AR-15s, then said: “And if I can find the consensus within the Legislature to have a law in the state of Texas that allows us to buy those AK-47s and AR-15s back, we will.”

Now Beto O'Rourke Says He Will Buy Back Texans' AR-15s

Buy them back? Odd, did Texas sell those weapons to Texans?
Of course it's all just empty pandering to the dems, because he knows the TX Legislature would never go for it.
A buy back is still a confiscation. If you didn’t sell your AR-15 or AK-47 back, you would be breaking the law.

They are fascists, authoritarians, statists, communists.

Fascists and communists are polar opposites.
Fascism is the ultimate in capitalism, with a centralized coalition of the aristocracy, military, and corporations.
Communism is a decentralized economic system where the majority pool resources so that the workers have independent means of production available so they can work independently of the wealthy elite.

A buy back is still a confiscation. If you didn’t sell your AR-15 or AK-47 back, you would be breaking the law.

That would not be legal.
You can not make illegal what was done legally.
Guns that were legally purchased can never become illegal to own.
That would be Ex Post Facto, and the SCOTUS has always ruled that was illegal.

Last edited:
O’Rourke stressed his belief that citizens should not be able to buy a AR-15s, then said: “And if I can find the consensus within the Legislature to have a law in the state of Texas that allows us to buy those AK-47s and AR-15s back, we will.”

Didn't read the link so don't know what it does or doesn't cover in terms of 2A but:
As long as there is no waiver of rights that goes along with the buy back I don't see a problem with this...in fact I think most folks would eventually sell them back to beto and then upgrade their arsenals.
ALSO:
What law forbids the state from buying guns from its constituency? only a buyback with stipulations in violation of 2A would prevent the buy-back.

this doesn't pass the sniff test, looks like another liberal end run around the constitution...if beto can't get the consensus he knows does not exist he could muster a fund drive and buy them up personally....and no one should object as allowing him to do this will expose him

That would not be legal.
You can not make illegal what was done legally.
Guns that were legally purchased can never become illegal to own.
That would be Ex Post Facto, and the SCOTUS has always ruled that was illegal.
Interesting.

The history of the National Firearms Act of 1934 which delt with machine guns seems to support your contention. The government had to pass new laws to get around the barriers but you can still own machine guns today in many states (If you can afford them).

Now Beto O'Rourke Says He Will Buy Back Texans' AR-15s

Buy them back? Odd, did Texas sell those weapons to Texans?
Of course it's all just empty pandering to the dems, because he knows the TX Legislature would never go for it.
/——/ Would he then donate them to the Taliban or Mexican drug cartels?

When it comes to tyranny remember........

Your Constitution means nothing. Worthless.
Laws mean nothing.
Promises mean nothing.
Right vs wrong means nothing.
Your life means nothing

Soooo...why are you boyz so surprised ?

Forum List

Back