NOTHING has changed.. Check Listings Before Starting New Threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

flacaltenn

Diamond Member
Jun 9, 2011
Hillbilly Hollywood, Tenn
We want the best informative and fresh news on the Corona outbreak... This is gonna get buried if people start new threads on the topic just to post a "comment"... Put COMMENTS in existing appropriate threads... They are there in Media, Current Events, and Politics... We know -- we've been starting merge a lot..

General policy has ALWAYS been -- 1 thread, per member, per topic, per day... NO OP can defend or help keep 3 or 8 threads on the same topic. USMB moderation DOES expect the Original Posters to participate and HELP keep their topics on track.. We hold you to a higher standard for not trolling, fighting, derailing your own threads.

If it's informative, fresh and DIFFERENT -- feel free to open ONE new thread per day.. Weaker ones will be merged into the appropriate forums or closed..

1) any Corona + (celebrities or media talent) === Media. Any Corona + (trump or congress) == Politics. And Corona + Economy == Economy Forum..

Any Corona + (lime or gin/tonic) goes to Food/Wine....

Thanks..

We want the best informative and fresh news on the Corona outbreak... This is gonna get buried if people start new threads on the topic just to post a "comment"... Put COMMENTS in existing appropriate threads... They are there in Media, Current Events, and Politics... We know -- we've been starting merge a lot..

General policy has ALWAYS been -- 1 thread, per member, per topic, per day... NO OP can defend or help keep 3 or 8 threads on the same topic. USMB moderation DOES expect the Original Posters to participate and HELP keep their topics on track.. We hold you to a higher standard for not trolling, fighting, derailing your own threads.

If it's informative, fresh and DIFFERENT -- feel free to open ONE new thread per day.. Weaker ones will be merged into the appropriate forums or closed..

1) any Corona + (celebrities or media talent) === Media. Any Corona + (trump or congress) == Politics. And Corona + Economy == Economy Forum..

Thanks..
Dang, they don't even ration toilet paper that much!

Thanks..
Dang, they don't even ration toilet paper that much!

To paraphrase Bernie -- "Thread lines are a GOOD thing.. It means EVERYONE gets a thread"... :abgg2q.jpg:

I have been here forever, and I have to admit, I have never seen this policy posted anywhere;

"General policy has ALWAYS been -- 1 thread, per member, per topic, per day"

I think it is a great rule though. Kudos.

I just wanna be a contestant for USMB poet laureate FCT....

Why do trolls suddenly appear
Every time you post here?
Just like me, they long to be
Close to you

Why do threads fall down from on high
Every time you come by?
Close to you

On the day that you logged in the angels got together
And decided to create a skreed come true
So they sprinkled bullshit in your hair
And non sequitur in your baited que

That is why all the hacks in town
(Hacks in town)
Follow you
(Follow you)
All around
(All around)

Close to you

~S~ w/apologies to the Carpenters

Close to you

Every time you come by?
Close to you

(Hacks in town)
Follow you
(Follow you)
All around
(All around)

Close to you

Nicely done, sparky! I nominate YOU for USMB poet laureate.

I have been here forever, and I have to admit, I have never seen this policy posted anywhere;

"General policy has ALWAYS been -- 1 thread, per member, per topic, per day"

I think it is a great rule though. Kudos.

Not a rule.. It's a policy.. Lots of things that Mod Staff have as policies that don't pollute the important rules.. Don't think we've every given a warning for that.. If it's really excessive, as it has been in past couple weeks in a couple cases, --- we just call it "spamming". In some of those cases, it's been intentional or retributional...

Close to you

Every time you come by?
Close to you

(Hacks in town)
Follow you
(Follow you)
All around
(All around)

Close to you

A fine piece of work. :up:

One quibble though. **NEVER** apologize to The Carpenters. That should go in the other direction.

Um didn't see a thread on this and maybe not worthy of a thread, but did the site change formats or has my computer gone bonkers......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back