Not invited to my niece's wedding

Are you still sending a gift?

Having been through the invitation process on a couple of occasions, I can say that logical people simply have to make cut-offs. There is usually a finite number of invitations, and a large number of people who will be left out regardless. So you make rules like, "nothing beyond first cousins," which excludes a lot of people. Don't take it personally.

You are a really unpleasant individual. I am not surprised they dont want you around on their happy day.

Coming from you that is quite funny.

And hell no I didn't send a gift. I didn't send anything. You don't invite me you don't get anything. Period. It would have cost me close to 1000 dollars to get over there, rent a hotel room and car, be there for the wedding, and drive almost 800 miles back home. So the cost of me being at the wedding would pale in comparison to the amount I would have been willing to spend to see her walk down the isle. AND I would have gotten them a very nice gift. But you don't invite me, you get nothing.

Weddings are about two families joining as one. If you don't invite your family, then expect nothing out of them. If you invite nobody and elope, that's fine. My uncle did just that. But when you only invite SOME people, then you start showing favoritism and doing that in a family is a recipe for disaster. I've been invited to weddings of people I'd never met or met one time in my life. But my niece, who I've been a huge part of her life since the day she was born, didn't invite me to their wedding. The uncle that taught her how to ride a bike. The uncle that taught her how to hit a baseball. The uncle that taught her how to catch a fish. The uncle that played candyland with her for hours and hours on end when nobody else would because everyone else hated that game. I tolerated it so she would have someone to play with. The uncle that helped get her her first laptop computer on her 12th birthday. The uncle that helped my father fix up her high school graduation present, a very nice silver Hyundai Elantra EX. It had mechanical issues that I took off of work to go to my fathers house to help him repair since he didn't know how to fix Korean cars. The uncle that quit jobs that refused to give him off for Christmas to visit family when my sister and her kids were going to my parents house.

THAT uncle.

Last edited:
Our family is really close and we always have been. I've been a huge part of my nieces and nephews lives since they were born. Well my youngest neice just got married and I was not invited to the wedding. Neither were her uncles from the other side of the family, but they weren't nearly as close to the kids as I was. In fact, when they were young they called me their favorite uncle. She said she wanted a "small" wedding but my parents were invited and said there were tons of people there, but no uncles or aunts.

I just find that really funny and I feel that if I ever get married I shouldn't invite my neice or her family to my wedding. You don't invite me, I don't invite you. I don't see that as wrong. I see that as fair. It just really surprised me and hit me wrong for some reason. I wasn't targeted as the ONLY person that wasn't invited I just don't understand why an extended family member that spent so much time with the kids when they were younger would be shunned at the wedding.

I guess what really surprised me is that my sister, who paid for the wedding, was perfectly fine with not inviting her own brother to her daughters wedding. That was a little weird to me. And my sisters birthday is in a few days, and I had to buy her a birthday gift. I almost skipped this year.
Airplanemechanic, I don't know why your niece would exclude you and others like you, but I'd buy some peace oil, smear it on my back, and let the wet stuff roll off your back with its silly weight. Young or misinformed people frequently do stupid stuff including omissions from their own mistakes that engendered their own shortsighted thoughtlessness.

Your maturity of letting bad stuff not cause you to do equally stupid stuff is solid gold. It may take them decades to realize how bad they made you feel, if ever. You're on my prayer list for your present stated error of omission caused a broken heart, and I also pray that your puerile niece will soon see her error and apologize for the pain she caused you. Reconciliation comes from above, and you will win all the way around if you pursue it. It may take years, and may God be with you through this terrible mistake of an immature family dingaling. :thup:

Last edited:
Coming from you that is quite funny.

And hell no I didn't send a gift. I didn't send anything. You don't invite me you don't get anything. Period. It would have cost me close to 1000 dollars to get over there, rent a hotel room and car, be there for the wedding, and drive almost 800 miles back home. So the cost of me being at the wedding would pale in comparison to the amount I would have been willing to spend to see her walk down the isle. AND I would have gotten them a very nice gift. But you don't invite me, you get nothing.

Weddings are about two families joining as one. If you don't invite your family, then expect nothing out of them. If you invite nobody and elope, that's fine. My uncle did just that. But when you only invite SOME people, then you start showing favoritism and doing that in a family is a recipe for disaster. I've been invited to weddings of people I'd never met or met one time in my life. But my niece, who I've been a huge part of her life since the day she was born, didn't invite me to their wedding. The uncle that taught her how to ride a bike. The uncle that taught her how to hit a baseball. The uncle that taught her how to catch a fish. The uncle that played candyland with her for hours and hours on end when nobody else would because everyone else hated that game. I tolerated it so she would have someone to play with. The uncle that helped get her her first laptop computer on her 12th birthday. The uncle that helped my father fix up her high school graduation present, a very nice silver Hyundai Elantra EX. It had mechanical issues that I took off of work to go to my fathers house to help him repair since he didn't know how to fix Korean cars. The uncle that quit jobs that refused to give him off for Christmas to visit family when my sister and her kids were going to my parents house.

THAT uncle.
You have missed an opportunity. You should gave got them something just to make them suffer guilt pangs and make you the better man.

You have missed an opportunity. You should gave got them something just to make them suffer guilt pangs and make you the better man.
What the fuck would YOU know about being a "better man"? You, the scumbag who called the Gestapo on your neighbors and has wished for the deaths of those who disagree with you politically over and over again?

What the fuck would YOU know about being a "better man"? You, the scumbag who called the Gestapo on your neighbors and has wished for the deaths of those who disagree with you politically over and over again?
Gestapo ? What are you babbling about ?

Our family is really close and we always have been. I've been a huge part of my nieces and nephews lives since they were born. Well my youngest neice just got married and I was not invited to the wedding. Neither were her uncles from the other side of the family, but they weren't nearly as close to the kids as I was. In fact, when they were young they called me their favorite uncle. She said she wanted a "small" wedding but my parents were invited and said there were tons of people there, but no uncles or aunts.

I just find that really funny and I feel that if I ever get married I shouldn't invite my neice or her family to my wedding. You don't invite me, I don't invite you. I don't see that as wrong. I see that as fair. It just really surprised me and hit me wrong for some reason. I wasn't targeted as the ONLY person that wasn't invited I just don't understand why an extended family member that spent so much time with the kids when they were younger would be shunned at the wedding.

I guess what really surprised me is that my sister, who paid for the wedding, was perfectly fine with not inviting her own brother to her daughters wedding. That was a little weird to me. And my sisters birthday is in a few days, and I had to buy her a birthday gift. I almost skipped this year.
My brother didn't invite me to his wedding. But he's an asshole.

You proudly crowed about calling the 'bobbies' when your neighbors dared gather more people than the SS determined allowable. Did you forget, Hans?
Everybody else on this board recognised that story as satire. The clue was me joining the local lockdown patrol. There arent any . Perhaps it flew over your head, like so many other things.

Forum List

Back