Not all feminists are victim-blaming monsters.

Man of Ethics

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2021
But attitudes like this are common:

QDLsZKi.jpeg

LMAO ...

ALL Fema-NAZI's are victim blaming monsters.

They wouldn't be a dumbass "Feminist" otherwise.

Leftism is a Mental Disorder you know.

There are no "Normal" Leftist.

I haven't looked up the numbers recently, but I've read articles over the years that domestic violence against men is a lot higher than people realize largely because men are embarrassed or afraid to report it for fear they'll be laughed at and not be believed.

Domestic Violence is different from mutual combat. There are men that are in DV situations and, no, many of them don't come forward because they don't think it will believed and because they are embarrassed. That is very true.

I haven't looked up the numbers recently, but I've read articles over the years that domestic violence against men is a lot higher than people realize largely because men are embarrassed or afraid to report it for fear they'll be laughed at and not be believed.
I believe it. I'll never understand why Robert from the Everybody Loves Raymond show put up with his first wife for so long especially with his being a cop. She wasn't physically abusive, but she treated him like garbage to where he eventually stood up for himself which of course only led her to saying that she wanted a divorce. To me, he should've said, "Good riddance!"

God bless you always!!!

Holly

As long as there are two people left on this planet there will be conflict. Humans are incapable of compromise.

^^^ I second that, but only to a certain degree. To me, it depends on the reason why a compromise is needed to begin with considering the fact that each pair of people will have at least one common thread.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Many men who are victims are the ones arrested and prosecuted.

Domestic Violence is different from mutual combat. There are men that are in DV situations and, no, many of them don't come forward because they don't think it will believed and because they are embarrassed. That is very true.
That and…if the man in question is gay many times they are talked out of reporting abuse as to not hurt the gay communities “reputation”.

At the bottom of this is why society ever set up heterosexuality to be adversarial. How about I've got your back and you have mine? Friendship? Love? Loyalty? Solidarity? Teamwork? Partnership? We share? We make babies together? Together we take on life's challenges and meet them side by side? If you don't give my partner the same as me, we're both out of here?

That and…if the man in question is gay many times they are talked out of reporting abuse as to not hurt the gay communities “reputation”.
LGBT Domestic Violence is a huge issue. I've never heard anyone talked out of reporting abuse in that community. I'm not saying that it doesn't happen. I'm saying that I haven't heard of it.

As an aside and not directed necessarily towards you: One of the things that I think should change, or at least discussed, are false allegations as domestic violence. There are women that will make false allegations in an effort to destroy their ex/partner. That is psychological abuse at the very least.

LGBT Domestic Violence is a huge issue. I've never heard anyone talked out of reporting abuse in that community. I'm not saying that it doesn't happen. I'm saying that I haven't heard of it.

As an aside and not directed necessarily towards you: One of the things that I think should change, or at least discussed, are false allegations as domestic violence. There are women that will make false allegations in an effort to destroy their ex/partner. That is psychological abuse at the very least.
Sadly any man accused is presumed guilty and any man who is the accuser is presumed to be lying.

Sadly any man accused is presumed guilty and any man who is the accuser is presumed to be lying.
Not always. If all of your conversations are going down at USMB and wherever the hell you pulled that post from then maybe so. Other conversations are being had though. In 2008, mutual combat seemed to start being part of the conversation. The first time I heard that phrase was from a domestic violence advocate. Now, it's an everyday term.

There is a cycle of violence. It's a theory that came from Lenore Walker. When we think about domestic violence, we automatically think of physical abuse. However, there is verbal, emotional, psychological and financial abuse. So, the real conversations that are occurring are identifying a cycle and/or pattern. and digging until you can find one.............or you don't. Be equally as willing to find that there is no pattern.

I mention the cycle of violence for one reason. In that cycle is a time period where you (general) can sense that things are going to get really shitty really quick and you are walking on egg shells. So you instigate that fight simply to get it over with as quickly as possible. Waiting is agonizing. You clock the perpetrator.

I'm telling you that as a feminist. Your initial post has no data. If you ain't got data your chatta don't matta.

Last edited:
Your initial post has no data. If you ain't got data your chatta don't matta.
1) Treating male victims of abuse as suspects is the official policy of the state Victoria in Australia. Here.

There are a number of questions a judicial officer can consider asking when a man presents as an affected family member (even in a police application), including:

• Have you ever been violent towards your partner?
  • Were you at fault, in any way in causing her violence? This question serves two purposes. First, to assess whether he did anything that caused her to act in self-defence, or to retaliate. Second, people who are genuinely the victims often excuse the perpetrator to some degree and blame themselves for the violence.
  • Are you afraid of her? What are you afraid that she might do? If a man does not feel significant levels of fear, then this raises questions about his victim status.
  • Describe exactly what she did to you.
  • Describe the frequency and any patterns of the violence.
  • What has held you back from seeking help earlier or trying to escape the situation? People who are truly victims might have felt too frightened to seek help earlier. They might have lacked access to money, resources, information and support to leave. They might have felt trapped. Note that they might also feel ashamed for not having sought help earlier.
If such policy was applied to women anywhere there would be international outcry.

2) Most of male victims of DV who seek help report that Police and Helping Agencies blame and disbelieve them. Here.

1) Treating male victims of abuse as suspects is the official policy of the state Victoria in Australia. Here.

If such policy was applied to women anywhere there would be international outcry.

2) Most of male victims of DV who seek help report that Police and Helping Agencies blame and disbelieve them. Here.
Mmmm....nope. I should have been more clear. Sorry. The post says "the majority" but doesn't offer any data. That's why I included the information on walking on eggshells. It's the only thing that I am aware of that anyone would try to pull anything from and twist.

Men are absolutely railed in public often as perpetrators when they aren't and it isn't believed when they are victims. However, those conversations have been shifting in the right places. Hence, the information on the cycle and pattern. They just aren't discussed as openly on forums and social media and these people are often unaware that a cycle exists and have not a clue about a pattern. They say whatever they want and can get away with it. . Nobody talks about this shit in public reasonably.

**That second link is from 2011. Like I said, mutual combat is used daily. So, I would like to know how much that changed. Verbal, psychological, emotional abuse is often really hard to prove. It's a lot of he said/she said. Male or female doesn't make a difference. The DV agency locally helps both men and women obtain protective orders and I know that for a fact. They also offer counseling to either gender as long as they are victims. Whole different set up for offenders.

**That second link is from 2011. Like I said, mutual combat is used daily. So, I would like to know how much that changed. Verbal, psychological, emotional abuse is often really hard to prove. It's a lot of he said/she said. Male or female doesn't make a difference. The DV agency locally helps both men and women obtain protective orders and I know that for a fact. They also offer counseling to either gender as long as they are victims. Whole different set up for offenders.
Based on my observation, male victims of abuse in 2021 are much more recognized then in 2000. The only exception to the rule is Australia.

Men's groups have done very much to get male victims recognized. The work has been done for decades and it is far from being done.

Forum List

Back