Nobody ever heard of Juneteenth before Trump made it famous

Our president actually said that. If there was any doubt about how little knowledge or concern he has for the black community, that one remark is enough to illustrate how much concern he has. I doubt his remark will hurt him though, because there couldn't be more than a few dozen black voters supporting him anyay. Seeing that Juneteenth is a state holiday in 48 states, and the White House released remarks commemorating it for the last three years, is there anyone who didn't know about Juneteenth before Trump came along?

Translation:

Trump didn't know about it until someone told... last week...

He's a buffoon...

Like I said, growing up in Montana, never heard of it. Joined the Navy and got stationed in Meridian MS for A school, and that is when I first heard of it. I've known about it since the early 80's.

Our president actually said that. If there was any doubt about how little knowledge or concern he has for the black community, that one remark is enough to illustrate how much concern he has. I doubt his remark will hurt him though, because there couldn't be more than a few dozen black voters supporting him anyay. Seeing that Juneteenth is a state holiday in 48 states, and the White House released remarks commemorating it for the last three years, is there anyone who didn't know about Juneteenth before Trump came along?
And then books a rally in Tulsa, the city that faced one of the worst massacres of blacks ever in 1921.

And then books a rally in Tulsa, the city that faced one of the worst massacres of blacks ever in 1921.

Yeah, odds are he has no clue about that incident...

Black community also celebrate "Fourthuly", "Last Thurvember Day," and "My Baby's Daddy Day" which is coming up Sunday.

Translation:

He's a buffoon...

Translation:

He's a buffoon...
You're the buffoon.

Presidential Message on Juneteenth
Issued on: June 19, 2018
Melania and I send our best wishes to those celebrating Juneteenth.
On this day in 1865, Major General Gordon Granger of the Union Army arrived in Galveston, Texas, to declare the end of the Civil War and issue a long-awaited order freeing the remaining slaves in Texas. Although President Abraham Lincoln had issued the Emancipation Proclamation more than two years earlier, the freedom of most slaves depended on the advancement of the Union Army, which brought with it enforcement of the Proclamation. In Texas, General Granger’s order was a major step in our Nation’s effort to abolish slavery forever.
This historic moment would not have been possible without the courage and sacrifice of the nearly 200,000 former enslaved and free African Americans who fought for liberty alongside more than 2 million Union servicemen. These brave individuals fought to defend the God-given rights of those unjustly held in bondage.
As a Nation, we vow to never forget the millions of African Americans who suffered the evils of slavery. Together, we honor the unbreakable spirit and countless contributions of generations of African Americans to the story of American greatness. Today and every day, we recommit ourselves to defending the self-evident truth, boldly declared by our Founding Fathers, that all people are created equal.

I see, so to racist slimeballs like you, the whites who were killed mean absolutely nothing.

That's why all you racist pieces of shit say black lives matter, rather than all lives matter.

I see, so to racist slimeballs like you, the whites who were killed mean absolutely nothing.

That's why all you racist pieces of shit say black lives matter, rather than all lives matter.

You're making up a lot of shit there bubba. Are you feeling all right?

Hey, Trump thinks that if you wear a mask, it's because you don't like Trump.

This is a child.

We should be thankful liberals like to wear mask, because it cover their ugly-ass faces!
Outstanding Trump-level response there, cool.
You should probably wear a mask 24-7.

Like I said, growing up in Montana, never heard of it. Joined the Navy and got stationed in Meridian MS for A school, and that is when I first heard of it. I've known about it since the early 80's.

I learned about in college in a class of the Civil War, or as the professor called it "The War of the Northern Aggression". He was old enough to have fought in but was one of the best professors I had in 8 years of college.

well you certainly just your 30 seconds of fame

Why would anyone mourn over murderers getting themselves killed as they were part of a group who killed hundreds of innocent blacks and burned down over a thousand homes, businesses, churches and schools?

Why would anyone mourn over murderers getting themselves killed as they were part of a group who killed hundreds of innocent blacks and burned down over a thousand homes, businesses, churches and schools?
Got any proof of that, you pathetic anti-white racist piece of shit?

Sure, ya raging dumbfuck....

As dawn broke on June 1, thousands of white citizens poured into the Greenwood District, looting and burning homes and businesses over an area of 35 city blocks. Firefighters who arrived to help put out fires later testified that rioters had threatened them with guns and forced them to leave.

According to a later Red Cross estimate, some 1,256 houses were burned; 215 others were looted but not torched. Two newspapers, a school, a library, a hospital, churches, hotels, stores and many other black-owned businesses were among the buildings destroyed or damaged by fire.

As dawn broke on June 1, thousands of white citizens poured into the Greenwood District, looting and burning homes and businesses over an area of 35 city blocks. Firefighters who arrived to help put out fires later testified that rioters had threatened them with guns and forced them to leave.

According to a later Red Cross estimate, some 1,256 houses were burned; 215 others were looted but not torched. Two newspapers, a school, a library, a hospital, churches, hotels, stores and many other black-owned businesses were among the buildings destroyed or damaged by fire.

anyone put forth any theories as to WHY the OAKIES attacked a black town. Was it
SPECIFICALLY a "black town" ?

anyone put forth any theories as to WHY the OAKIES attacked a black town. Was it
SPECIFICALLY a "black town" ?

nevah mind-----I searched------a sex libel

Seeing that Juneteenth is a state holiday in 48 states
Incorrect Poindexter. ... :cool:
Juneteenth is an official state holiday only in Texas where the historical event took place.

Frankly Sunni, I had never heard of the term Juneteenth before all of this rioting and looting occurred.
I suspect that that just as the negative culture inner-city blacks are unable to say the simple three letter word "ask" properly (saying ax instead), that Juneteenth word came out of some ignorant corruption of just saying June 19th.

Forum List

Back