Nobody ever heard of Juneteenth before Trump made it famous

Actually I never hear of it in my 60 plus years. When I heard juneteenth I thought it was a made up holiday like kwanzaa or festivus. Can't be that important Hallmark doesn't even make a card for it
DON'T MESS WITH FESTIVUS!!!!!! I bought a new stainless steel pole last year.

Our president actually said that. If there was any doubt about how little knowledge or concern he has for the black community, that one remark is enough to illustrate how much concern he has. I doubt his remark will hurt him though, because there couldn't be more than a few dozen black voters supporting him anyay. Seeing that Juneteenth is a state holiday in 48 states, and the White House released remarks commemorating it for the last three years, is there anyone who didn't know about Juneteenth before Trump came along?
If Trump has never heard of something, no one has. That's how it works!

What's really funny is that an aide immediately pointed out to the feeble fat fuck that the White House has issued a Juneteenth statement every year of his Administration.

This was news to Trump. BWA-HA-HA-HA-HA!

Trump made Juneteenth famous...by being a feeble fuckup and having really shitty handlers. :lol:

He hires only the best!

2019:

2018:

2017:

“Melania and I send our warmest greetings to all those celebrating Juneteenth, a historic day recognizing the end of slavery." - Donald J. Trump

• Thanks
Reactions: JLW
Trump actually thought no one had ever heard of Frederick Douglass until someone told the feeb about him.

Our president actually said that. If there was any doubt about how little knowledge or concern he has for the black community, that one remark is enough to illustrate how much concern he has. I doubt his remark will hurt him though, because there couldn't be more than a few dozen black voters supporting him anyay. Seeing that Juneteenth is a state holiday in 48 states, and the White House released remarks commemorating it for the last three years, is there anyone who didn't know about Juneteenth before Trump came along?
I had to look it up...again. Just like I have to look up Kwaanza. Maybe if the names weren't so goofy, I'd 'member better.

Which is true. I had never heard of it either. I guess only woke progtards know about it.

Not my fault you never had any black friends, or cared to learn about the history of the country.

Very few knew about it. In fact, until the media told you, you didn't know about it. Of course, now you're going to act as if you knew about it all along but I'll wager that you cannot bring up a single reference by you to this in the entire past history of your posting here.

I never posted much about arbor day either, but I know what it is.

Which is true. I had never heard of it either. I guess only woke progtards know about it.

Not my fault you never had any black friends, or cared to learn about the history of the country.

Most of my black friends are AFRICAN. However, I do have a couple in the States, and they had never heard of it either.

I guess they ain't black enough for you.

The feeble fuckwit in the White House makes all kinds of shit famous with his stupidity and ignorance. :lol:

Like who knew our American Revolutionaries took control of the airports before Trump came along and told us about it?

Most of my black friends are AFRICAN. However, I do have a couple in the States, and they had never heard of it either.

Not surprising. Right wingers such as yourself often brag about their lack of knowledge.

Seeing that Juneteenth is a state holiday in 48 states
Incorrect Poindexter. ... :cool:
Juneteenth is an official state holiday only in Texas where the historical event took place.

Celebrations date to 1866, at first involving church-centered community gatherings in Texas. It spread across the South and became more commercialized in the 1920s and 1930s, often centering on a food festival. During the Civil Rights movement of the 1960s, it was eclipsed by the struggle for postwar civil rights, but grew in popularity again in the 1970s with a focus on African American freedom and arts.[7] By the 21st century, Juneteenth was celebrated in most major cities across the United States. Activists are campaigning for the United States Congress to recognize Juneteenth as a national holiday. Juneteenth is recognized as a state holiday or special day of observance in 49 of the 50 U.S. states.
Come on Bulldog! How many States recognize Juneteenth as a "State holiday" and how many recognize it as a "special day of observance? There is a HUGE difference! I'm guessing you never heard of it before this tempest in a teapot got started!

Seeing that Juneteenth is a state holiday in 48 states
Incorrect Poindexter. ... :cool:
Juneteenth is an official state holiday only in Texas where the historical event took place.

Celebrations date to 1866, at first involving church-centered community gatherings in Texas. It spread across the South and became more commercialized in the 1920s and 1930s, often centering on a food festival. During the Civil Rights movement of the 1960s, it was eclipsed by the struggle for postwar civil rights, but grew in popularity again in the 1970s with a focus on African American freedom and arts.[7] By the 21st century, Juneteenth was celebrated in most major cities across the United States. Activists are campaigning for the United States Congress to recognize Juneteenth as a national holiday. Juneteenth is recognized as a state holiday or special day of observance in 49 of the 50 U.S. states.
Come on Bulldog! How many States recognize Juneteenth as a "State holiday" and how many recognize it as a "special day of observance? There is a HUGE difference! I'm guessing you never heard of it before this tempest in a teapot got started!

Holiday or a special day of observence? You're gonna nit pick over that? Go ahead. Almost every state recognizes it. I'm just amazed that you are so proud of your lack of knowledge, but I'm not really surprised.

I never heard of it before. Thought at first it was that day everyone smokes dope. But I googled it and discovered it has been a holiday in Maine since 2011. It's kind of a Portland thing, I guess. We're to hell and gone from Portland; not many black folks live around here. But I've lived in civilization; every place I've lived, including Maine, there are a lot of celebrations on MLK day, but honestly I had never heard Juneteenth mentioned anywhere.

It's always good to learn something new.

Come on Bulldog! How many States recognize Juneteenth as a "State holiday" and how many recognize it as a "special day of observance?
47 states observe Juneteenth as a state or ceremonial holiday. Probably even your state.

Surprise!

Though not a federal holiday, 47 states and the District of Columbia recognize Juneteenth as a state or ceremonial holiday. The only three states that do not recognize the holiday are North Dakota, South Dakota and Hawaii. Texas was the first state to recognize the holiday in 1980.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if trump followers had never heard of it and didn't know what it was.

He was making an incorrect statement but I think he was right that a lot of the nation hadn't heard of this holiday. I grew up in the South so I heard about it from when I was a small child.

No, I concern

Not surprising. Right wingers such as yourself often brag about their lack of knowledge.

No, I am interested in many things. I study all sorts of subjects. However, insignificant, virtue signaling, declarations are wonderful for baboons, such as yourself.

That is your intellectual limit.

Forum List

Back