Nobody ever heard of Juneteenth before Trump made it famous

If that’s true then why is the media trying to educate the public by running all these “What is Juneteenth?” articles?

None one has ever paid attention to this “holiday” before, not until President Trump made it famous.

Trump's base probably didn't know anything about Juneteenth, but they don't know, or care much about the struggle for civil rights in this country anyway. If they knew anything, they wouldn't be Trump supporters to start with.

Trump's base probably didn't know anything about Juneteenth, but they don't know, or care much about the struggle for civil rights in this country anyway. If they knew anything, they wouldn't be Trump supporters to start with.

You seem to spend a lot of your life guessing.

Most of it guessing wrong.

In 8 years did black president shitstain obama ever mention juneteenth?

Of course he did. Limbaugh even had a few rants complaining about it. Here's one of his statements from 2009
1592721791946.png

You seem to spend a lot of your life guessing.

Most of it guessing wrong.

I wasn't wrong when I said Trump's Coronapaloza rally tonight would be a flop. The place was so empty till they had to reset the PA system to reduce the echo from such an empty venue.

I wasn't wrong when I said Trump's Coronapaloza rally tonight would be a flop. The place was so empty till they had to reset the PA system to reduce the echo from such an empty venue.

Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

BTW: You forget to include the link supporting your claim.

Let's be fair to President Trump, regardless of your opinion of him.

He did make that holiday "famous." Most Americans had NOT heard of that holiday. Here in super liberal California, even the super liberal media barely mentioned it every year.

In any case, President Biden and especially his Vice President will be sure to mark that holiday every year with impressive ceremonies. And employees will be assured of another paid holiday.

If you were smart enough to use the Google machine, you would see that Obama released several statements about Juneteenth while in office. Google "president Obama junteenth statement" and you will find several.
Ohhh he released a statement. It just never made the news.

Ohhh he released a statement. It just never made the news.

It never made the news because Obama wasn't as stupid as Trump is. Trump wanted to hold his rally on June 19th (Juneteenth), the day that slavery was finally ended in the US in a city where one of the worst massacres of black people happened. Can't get more tone deaf than that.

In Texas maybe... I've talked to many and have friends who are black... Never mentioned it. I'll talk to a few tonight to see if it just never came up in conversation or... If they just didn't give a shit either. I'm betting on the latter.

Edit: Full disclosure... I don't know anyone from Texas.
I talked to them... None of them heard of it before this year, and one of them I had to explain what it was...

Forum List

Back