Nobody ever heard of Juneteenth before Trump made it famous

BULLDOG

Diamond Member
Jun 3, 2014
Our president actually said that. If there was any doubt about how little knowledge or concern he has for the black community, that one remark is enough to illustrate how much concern he has. I doubt his remark will hurt him though, because there couldn't be more than a few dozen black voters supporting him anyay. Seeing that Juneteenth is a state holiday in 48 states, and the White House released remarks commemorating it for the last three years, is there anyone who didn't know about Juneteenth before Trump came along?

Our president actually said that. If there was any doubt about how little knowledge or concern he has for the black community, that one remark is enough to illustrate how much concern he has. I doubt his remark will hurt him though, because there couldn't be more than a few dozen black voters supporting him anyay. Seeing that Juneteenth is a state holiday in 48 states, and the White House released remarks commemorating it for the last three years, is there anyone who didn't know about Juneteenth before Trump came along?

I did not. Is Juneteenth a New York State--state holiday BT (before trump)

1592516571300.png

That's the ebonic date. Juneteenth. Sounds so literate.

Seeing that Juneteenth is a state holiday in 48 states
Incorrect Poindexter. ... :cool:
Juneteenth is an official state holiday only in Texas where the historical event took place.

Celebrations date to 1866, at first involving church-centered community gatherings in Texas. It spread across the South and became more commercialized in the 1920s and 1930s, often centering on a food festival. During the Civil Rights movement of the 1960s, it was eclipsed by the struggle for postwar civil rights, but grew in popularity again in the 1970s with a focus on African American freedom and arts.[7] By the 21st century, Juneteenth was celebrated in most major cities across the United States. Activists are campaigning for the United States Congress to recognize Juneteenth as a national holiday. Juneteenth is recognized as a state holiday or special day of observance in 49 of the 50 U.S. states.

I still don't know what it means. *laughs*

Edit: I just looked it up... I doubt I remember tomorrow.

I still don't know what it means. *laughs*

Edit: I just looked it up... I doubt I remember tomorrow.

Don't worry about that. The Black voters know what it is.

lol...................................

It's true. These crazy clowns look for any reason to misrepresent Trump. I saw low performer Don Lemon look with a straight face, though it was clearly condescending to anyone with 10 brain cells to rub together, "a coicidence"? he asks rhetorically, regarding the date of Trumps rally.

If Trump doesn't win in 2020, China may take over the West without ever firing a shot. These SOB's would have been rolled over by the Germans in 1941, too afraid to fight for what REALLY matter (liberty).

Forum List

Back