Nobody ever heard of Juneteenth before Trump made it famous

Actually I never hear of it in my 60 plus years. When I heard juneteenth I thought it was a made up holiday like kwanzaa or festivus. Can't be that important Hallmark doesn't even make a card for it

Our president actually said that. If there was any doubt about how little knowledge or concern he has for the black community, that one remark is enough to illustrate how much concern he has. I doubt his remark will hurt him though, because there couldn't be more than a few dozen black voters supporting him anyay. Seeing that Juneteenth is a state holiday in 48 states, and the White House released remarks commemorating it for the last three years, is there anyone who didn't know about Juneteenth before Trump came along?
I still don't know what it means. *laughs*

Edit: I just looked it up... I doubt I remember tomorrow.

Don't worry about that. The Black voters know what it is.
In Texas maybe... I've talked to many and have friends who are black... Never mentioned it. I'll talk to a few tonight to see if it just never came up in conversation or... If they just didn't give a shit either. I'm betting on the latter.

Edit: Full disclosure... I don't know anyone from Texas.

Last edited:
You know, while I didn't know what Juneteenth was growing up in Montana, I did learn about it while stationed in Meridian MS from some black co workers. I've known what it was since around 1983, long before Trump made it "famous".

And, fwiw.................in Texas, they not only study American history, but they study Texas history as well, and just about everyone in TX (black and white) knows what it is.

Nope, sorry, Trump is trying to take credit for something he didn't do. But, that's par for the course for him.

???????????????????????????????>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>YOUAREVERYDUMB>>>>>>>>>!!!!!!!!!

Good, solid, Trump-level comeback!

I remember you from my first stint here... Like... Years ago. It doesn't surprise me that you would give Trump a hard time... But if I remember you in a non-negative light... I can't believe you'd support Biden or these "protests"...

Am I wrong on that?

Edit: You even have the same avatar from 8 years ago...

???????????????????????????????>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>YOUAREVERYDUMB>>>>>>>>>!!!!!!!!!

lol

Aww, look at you trying to keep up with the buffoon.

Obama was discussing a grueling campaign schedule, and simply meant than he went from one state to another state 56 times. First state plus 56 state crossovers = 57.

But funnier still, you don't even understand that Trump has said and tweeted stupid things compared to Obama by a factor of about 5,000 to 1.

That's because Trump communicates at your level. Understandable that you don't see it.

I remember you from my first stint here... Like... Years ago. It doesn't surprise me that you would give Trump a hard time... But if I remember you in a non-negative light... I can't believe you'd support Biden or these "protests"...

Am I wrong on that?

I support protests, not violence. Like most Americans.

Biden is a rolling, steaming, blundering shit show like Hillary. But the alternative is ugly, and far worse.

Actually I never hear of it in my 60 plus years. When I heard juneteenth I thought it was a made up holiday like kwanzaa or festivus. Can't be that important Hallmark doesn't even make a card for it
LOL..don't get out much eh?

1592519678777.png

lol

Obama was discussing a grueling campaign schedule, and simply meant than he went from one state to another state 56 times. First state plus 56 state crossovers = 57.

But funnier still, you don't even understand that Trump has said and tweeted stupid things compared to Obama by a factor of about 5,000 to 1.

That's because Trump communicates at your level. Understandable that you don't see it.

While you continue to suckle the nuts of our first black president, who did absolutely nothing for black people, I’ll continue reminding people about him not knowing how many states we have. lol
:)

Am I wrong on that?

I support protests, not violence. Like most Americans.

Biden is a rolling, steaming, blundering shit show like Hillary. But the alternative is ugly, and far worse.

Yep... You haven't changed much. I still like you. I don't agree, but you're a good egg.

lol

While you continue to suckle the nuts of our first black president, who did absolutely nothing for black people, I’ll continue reminding people about him not knowing how states we have.
:)

Oh good, now you collapse into lies. At least you guys are consistent.

Quote me fawning over Obama. I'll wait here. You guys are liars and cowards, just like your hero.

Our president actually said that. If there was any doubt about how little knowledge or concern he has for the black community, that one remark is enough to illustrate how much concern he has. I doubt his remark will hurt him though, because there couldn't be more than a few dozen black voters supporting him anyay. Seeing that Juneteenth is a state holiday in 48 states, and the White House released remarks commemorating it for the last three years, is there anyone who didn't know about Juneteenth before Trump came along?
Nobody ever heard of Juneteenth before Trump made it famous
It's true.

Juneteenth is a TEXAS holiday. Some of the other states have started to celebrate too, but most people don't really know about it.

Forum List

Back