No Trump didn't commit treason or espionage

It doesn't matter who maintains it, it still is subject to the freedom of information act.
Wrong. Its been 2 years since Trump left office. Now read from the actual law. Trump has 3 years to move them to the Archives (5 years total) and he'll be back in office by then so he can opt to wait til then end of his next term. If anyone broke procedure it was DoJ as they didn't follow procedure and instead raided Trump after already being there in June.

archives.gov/presidential-libraries/laws/1978-act.html

• Establishes public ownership of all Presidential records and defines the term Presidential records.
  • Establishes in law that any incumbent Presidential records (whether textual or electronic) held on courtesy storage by the Archivist remain in the exclusive legal custody of the President and that any request or order for access to such records must be made to the President, not NARA
  • Establishes a process by which the President may restrict and the public may obtain access to these records after the President leaves office; specifically, the PRA allows for public access to Presidential records through the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) beginning five years after the end of the Administration, but allows the President to invoke as many as six specific restrictions to public access for up to twelve years.
  • Establishes procedures for Congress, courts, and subsequent Administrations to obtain “special access” to records from NARA that remain closed to the public, following a privilege review period by the former and incumbent Presidents; the procedures governing such special access requests continue to be governed by the relevant provisions of E.O. 13489.

Last edited:
You mean like when secretary of State Hillary Clinton's use of a private email server
Whataboutism at it's finest ^^^^^

Do you care to discuss the trump illegal activity?
They should have not raided his home like a bunch of goons.
That happened?
Well, how many SS agents were at MAL?
Do you know the answer? How many SS agents were at MAL?
Is it possible that 30 FBI agents needed to be there?

C'mon man. trump is a con man.

Do you care to discuss the trump illegal activity?

That happened?
Well, how many SS agents were at MAL?
Do you know the answer? How many SS agents were at MAL?
Is it possible that 30 FBI agents needed to be there?

C'mon man. trump is a con man.
You commies would know all about whataboutism wouldn't you..cause you can't defend Hillary doing worse while fault finding Trump when she did MUCH worse.

Investigators remain divided over whether there was a spy within the Central Intelligence Agency who betrayed the sources or whether the Chinese hacked the CIA’s covert communications system, the newspaper reported, citing current and former U.S. officials.

Show me where the times said anything about Clinton's E-mails? The Gateway pundit claiming something citing another article that didn't say anything about it doesn't work as a source.

Investigators remain divided over whether there was a spy within the Central Intelligence Agency who betrayed the sources or whether the Chinese hacked the CIA’s covert communications system, the newspaper reported, citing current and former U.S. officials.

Show me where the times said anything about Clinton's E-mails? The Gateway pundit claiming something citing another article that didn't say anything about it doesn't work as a source.
You really suck at Internets don't ya. Read and click 3 times and I found it

You commies would know all about whataboutism wouldn't you..cause you can't defend Hillary doing worse while fault finding Trump when she did MUCH worse.
So be specific ......
List the 5 most egregious crimes by Hillary.......go.

1)
2)
3)
4)
5)

Wrong. Its been 2 years since Trump left office. Now read from the actual law. Trump has 3 years to move them to the Archives (5 years total) and he'll be back in office by then so he can opt to wait til then end of his next term. If anyone broke procedure it was DoJ as they didn't follow procedure and instead raided Trump after already being there in June.

• Establishes public ownership of all Presidential records and defines the term Presidential records.
  • Establishes in law that any incumbent Presidential records (whether textual or electronic) held on courtesy storage by the Archivist remain in the exclusive legal custody of the President and that any request or order for access to such records must be made to the President, not NARA
  • Establishes a process by which the President may restrict and the public may obtain access to these records after the President leaves office; specifically, the PRA allows for public access to Presidential records through the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) beginning five years after the end of the Administration, but allows the President to invoke as many as six specific restrictions to public access for up to twelve years.
  • Establishes procedures for Congress, courts, and subsequent Administrations to obtain “special access” to records from NARA that remain closed to the public, following a privilege review period by the former and incumbent Presidents; the procedures governing such special access requests continue to be governed by the relevant provisions of E.O. 13489.

Ah using the archives, I'll return the favor.

In 1978, Congress passed the Presidential Records Act (PRA), which changed the legal status of Presidential and Vice Presidential materials. Under the PRA, the official records of the President and his staff are owned by the United States, not by the President.

• The Archivist is required to take custody of these records when the President leaves office, and to maintain them in a Federal depository.
  • These records are eligible for access under the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) five years after the President leaves office.
  • The President may restrict access to specific kinds of information for up to 12 years after he leaves office, but after that point the records are reviewed for FOIA exemptions only.
  • This legislation took effect on January 20, 1981, and the records of the Reagan administration were the first to be administered under this law.
  • Staff at the Reagan Library, the George H. W. Bush Library, the William J. Clinton Library, and the George W. Bush Library can provide additional information regarding access to Presidential records in their collections.
  • Staff at the libraries can provide additional information regarding access to Presidential records in their collections.

Seems an important step was not followed here.

lol.."Whataboutism" is merely the layman [or socially educated] synonym for "Precedent" which is the academic term...

however, if you for some reason prefer "whataboutism" to "precedent" I/we all would understand, but both are to show there is "standing" [also a synonym for both the academic term and yours] for such a practice or exercise.

... to make sure you did not miss the point, your above claim means the same as saying ""Precedent at its finest" or "long standing practice at its finest"

So be specific ......
List the 5 most egregious crimes by Hillary.......go.

1)
2)
3)
4)
5)
You want them chronologically, alphabetically or any order

1) White Water

2) Russian Pay to Play scams

3) Emails and Espionage Act

4) Benghazi

5) Gaddhafi assassination which has ruined Libya and caused mass African migration into Europe

6) Stealing 13,000$ worth of stuff from White House

7) Cash for Cattle

8) Haiti and the Clinton Foundation

9) Turning IRS into Gestapo

10) ChinaGate and TravelGate

11) Pardons for contributions

12) Laughing about defense of child rapist

13) Missing law firm records

How's that dipshit?

Congress is the Legislative branch, Trump as head of the Executive Branch has executive privilege pertaining to any papers from his time in office.
No. Upon leaving office, every piece of paper, down to a half sheet of paper he doodled on becomes the property of the people, and is under the administrative control of the archives.

What I going to be funny in the next days and weeks as more information and the full implications of this will hit the public is the gradual moving of the goalposts of those on the right.

For people reading the Gateway Pundit, this won't matter an iota. Trying to explain it away to independents is going to be a whole lot harder. Explaining it to the courts will be nigh on impossible I suspect. If the argument presented in the OP is the best defense available I think Trump will be fucked, as he should be.

I proved to you that I did not make it up .Do your own homework if you don't like my sources, kid.

No. Upon leaving office, every piece of paper, down to a half sheet of paper he doodled on becomes the property of the people, and is under the administrative control of the archives.
Wrong..he has 5 years to turn them over to the archives until then they are kept and maintained by him

Read it for yourself I linked it above

What I going to be funny in the next days and weeks as more information and the full implications of this will hit the public is the gradual moving of the goalposts of those on the right.

For people reading the Gateway Pundit, this won't matter an iota. Trying to explain it away to independents is going to be a whole lot harder. Explaining it to the courts will be nigh on impossible I suspect. If the argument presented in the OP is the best defense available I think Trump will be fucked, as he should be.
Like how you just moved the goal post. Typical lefty, accuse the right of what you yourself are doing

Forum List

Back