No reasonable person

Yeah... They threw the case out because no reasonable person would believe that to be the truth.
No, they threw that out because reasonable people could see and understand that she was stating an opinion.

Not the same thing. Sorry for your luck.

Anyway, this whole thing seems crazy to me.
I'll "see" your propaganda, and raise you one actual instance of sick, disturbing, lawlessness:
Should I know who that is?

And how is that one person's tweet the equivalent of the whole republican party?

Crappy YouTube videos aren't links.
Yes they are... In fact I had a link ready to go, deleted it... And went and found that video.

I ask again, link?
Lol, duckduckgo? Wtf is that? Some kinda conservative answer to Google? Most of those links were about Powell, and a couple of opinion pieces about the maddow suite.

Here's a real link:

A federal judge on Friday dismissed a $10 million defamation lawsuit by One America News (OAN) against Rachel Maddow, finding that a "reasonable viewer" would know the MSNBC prime-time host was only offering her opinion when she called the right-leaning network "paid Russian propaganda."

So no, not the same thing at all.

You lose.

"...the Court finds a reasonable viewer would not take the statement as factual given this context,"

Duh. Of course they didn't take it as factual. Hence, the lawsuit.

"'Anything beyond this is Maddow’s opinion or her exaggeration of the facts,' the judge noted in the ruling."

Wouldn't "exaggeration of the facts" constitute libel or lying? How exactly does one exaggerate a fact without making it a non-fact anyway?

I had never even heard about this case until I read the link in this discussion and I really don't care about it but, this judge is obviously an idiot. That's an exaggeration of the fact that he has no critical thinking skills.

Yeah... They threw the case out because no reasonable person would believe that to be the truth.
No, they threw that out because reasonable people could see and understand that she was stating an opinion.
Holy shit!! Crepitus is openly admitting that left-wing media like MSNBC, CNN, etc. provides their opinion instead of facts.

As a leftist, society doesn't expect you to know who anyone is (or what anything is).

We've come to accept as a society that the left is made up of low-IQ imbeciles who invest all of their time into reality tv, pop music, and substance abuse.

"'Anything beyond this is Maddow’s opinion or her exaggeration of the facts,' the judge noted in the ruling."

Wouldn't "exaggeration of the facts" constitute libel or lying? How exactly does one exaggerate a fact without making it a non-fact anyway?
Bingo! And Crepitus knows it too. But he's too disingenuous to admit that Rachel Maddow engages in propaganda and slander 24x7.

I'll "see" your propaganda, and raise you one actual instance of sick, disturbing, lawlessness:

Lol, duckduckgo? Wtf is that? Some kinda conservative answer to Google?
Well, I mean, only if you consider logic and reason to be strictly "conservative". What it actually is, is a search engine that doesn't track and spy on you, like unethical Google does.

I always marvel at how liberals even manage to feed themselves when they are completely ignorant of the most basic items in society. It's no wonder they need government to provide for them. They are literally like helpless toddler relying on a mommy and daddy for even their most basic necessities.
tenor (4).gif

A growing trend among tRump supporting media and lawyers, the "no reasonable person" defense.

First we have Sydney "the kraken" Powell claiming she shouldn't be prosecuted or disbarred for lying and wasting court's time and money because nobody with any brains would believe her outlandish claims.

Then there's Tucker Carlson and his lawyer's assertion that the "'general tenor' of the show should then inform a viewer that he is not stating actual facts about the topics he discusses.

And now we've got lawyers stating that the insurrectionists are "short bus people'.

And that too much Fox News is detrimental to your mental health.

It's obvious that the leaders of the Republican party as well as the voters know they are well below average intelligence, and they are making it a good thing.

You brilliantly showcase low intelligence kid. You're completely blinded by hatred and partisanship. It is a disgusting trait for a human being, ANY HUMAN BEING, right or left to have.
I get it, the topic is completely indefensible so you have to attack the poster.

Here's a real link:
A federal judge on Friday dismissed a $10 million defamation lawsuit by One America News (OAN) against Rachel Maddow, finding that a "reasonable viewer" would know the MSNBC prime-time host was only offering her opinion when she called the right-leaning network "paid Russian propaganda."

Hahahahaha!! Every time a liberal gets owned, they scream "not the same thing". Uh, snowflake, it's exactly "the same thing".

For starters, why is a fucking news anchor giving her opinion? Second, her opinion was a flat-out lie. Which means it was slander. Which means it was illegal.

#ThanksForPlayingKid
Sorry, not the same thing.

False equivalency is still false.

A growing trend among tRump supporting media and lawyers, the "no reasonable person" defense.

First we have Sydney "the kraken" Powell claiming she shouldn't be prosecuted or disbarred for lying and wasting court's time and money because nobody with any brains would believe her outlandish claims.

Then there's Tucker Carlson and his lawyer's assertion that the "'general tenor' of the show should then inform a viewer that he is not stating actual facts about the topics he discusses.

And now we've got lawyers stating that the insurrectionists are "short bus people'.

It's obvious that the leaders of the Republican party as well as the voters know they are well below average intelligence, and they are making it a good thing.

They always say the Republicans are dumb but they are the ones to stupid to support themselves and always want free stuff.
I didn't just say it, Son. I proved it.

And so did you.

Holy shit!! Crepitus is openly admitting that left-wing media like MSNBC, CNN, etc. provides their opinion instead of facts.
Don't be stupider than you have to be, Son. Everyone knows maddow's show is op/Ed.

Bingo! And Crepitus knows it too. But he's too disingenuous to admit that Rachel Maddow engages in propaganda and slander 24x7.
Op/ed isn't propaganda and slander.

Derp.

They have all the clues they need to admit to themselves that they've been conned. But they're simply too emotionally invested in this now to give in. An amazing look at group pathology.
That's the way to behave like a good little winger.

Sorry, not the same thing.
Explain how it's not.

Don't get wrong... I think they are both idiots for what they said... But both of them said it as if it was fact. They wanted their audiences to believe them.

The only difference I see is you agree with one of them, and not the other.

Op/ed isn't propaganda and slander.

Derp.
Sure it is, in her case.

What does a sane and intelligent person expect from people who when presented honest and concrete facts outright rejects it? Then continues to keep spreading the lies.

All they are is lies, half truths and deceptions.

But these are the same people who believe that Barak Obama is a muslim from Kenya and Michelle is a man.

I don't understand why anyone would pay any attention to people like that. Except to try to get them the mental help they very desperately need.

What is obvious is that you are proudly prejudiced against people below your smugly proclaimed but unproven and questionable intelligence.

Forum List

Back