No reasonable person

Crepitus

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2018
A growing trend among tRump supporting media and lawyers, the "no reasonable person" defense.

First we have Sydney "the kraken" Powell claiming she shouldn't be prosecuted or disbarred for lying and wasting court's time and money because nobody with any brains would believe her outlandish claims.

Then there's Tucker Carlson and his lawyer's assertion that the "'general tenor' of the show should then inform a viewer that he is not stating actual facts about the topics he discusses.

And now we've got lawyers stating that the insurrectionists are "short bus people'.

And that too much Fox News is detrimental to your mental health.

It's obvious that the leaders of the Republican party as well as the voters know they are well below average intelligence, and they are making it a good thing.

Anyway, this whole thing seems crazy to me.

A growing trend among tRump supporting media and lawyers, the "no reasonable person" defense.

First we have Sydney "the kraken" Powell claiming she shouldn't be prosecuted or disbarred for lying and wasting court's time and money because nobody with any brains would believe her outlandish claims.

Then there's Tucker Carlson and his lawyer's assertion that the "'general tenor' of the show should then inform a viewer that he is not stating actual facts about the topics he discusses.

And now we've got lawyers stating that the insurrectionists are "short bus people'.

It's obvious that the leaders of the Republican party as well as the voters know they are well below average intelligence, and they are making it a good thing.

They have all the clues they need to admit to themselves that they've been conned. But they're simply too emotionally invested in this now to give in. An amazing look at group pathology.

They have all the clues they need to admit to themselves that they've been conned. But they're simply too emotionally invested in this now to give in. An amazing look at group pathology.
Does that mean we ignore them? Don't address it in any way other than to lock them up?

Just an FYI for all of you. . . Tucker Carlson's father is part of the Deep State.

Richard Warner Carlson (born Richard Boynton; February 10, 1941) is an American journalist and diplomat who served as the director of the Voice of America during the last six years of the Cold War. At the same time, he led Radio Marti broadcasting to Cuba, and was director of the U.S. Information Agency and the USIA Documentary Film Service.[1] Carlson has also been a newspaper and wire service reporter, a magazine writer, a TV and radio correspondent and a documentary filmmaker. He is the father of conservative pundit Tucker Carlson.

Does that mean we ignore them? Don't address it in any way other than to lock them up?
Huh? Lock who up?

If Republicans didn't lie, they'd have NOTHING to say!

I can’t disagree with the limited intellect of Trump supporters.

But that does not excuse Jan 6

The Kraken heads would cut out their tongue before admitting that they are being duped.

Huh? Lock who up?
I should have said shut them up. That's my badd.
I don't want to shut them up. I am a consistent freedom of expression advocate. I want them to self-identify for us. I am also hopeful that their size will shrink enough so that it will fit where it belongs, on the fringe.

I don't want to shut them up. I am a consistent freedom of expression advocate. I want them to self-identify for us. I am also hopeful that their size will shrink enough so that it will fit where it belongs, on the fringe.
That quote is amazingly close to the conservative viewpoint about the government itself. On purpose?

“In this case, the most obsequiously pro-Trump right-wing news outlet in America really literally is paid Russian propaganda,” Maddow said on “The Rachel Maddow Show.”

Edit: Oh... The case was thrown out because no reasonable person would believe that. /Edit

Crappy YouTube videos aren't links.

I ask again, link?

That quote is amazingly close to the conservative viewpoint about the government itself. On purpose?
I don't know. You asked, I answered.

Forum List

Back