Nikki Haley's career is over

I'm pretty sure that Haley slit her own throat coming out against the Flag.

Too bad.

Interesting to note how much people can suddenly care about something just because it's on tv news. Then when it isn't any more they move on caring about something else and almost eneitrely forgetting about the previous care.

Don't you see how you're being manipulated and stimulated to serve someone's else's agendas?

Wow.

Some incredibly... um... id... um... interesting posts from both sides of the political spectrum.

Too bad.

First, you're probably wrong, but this happens often enough that you should be used to it by now. She's an amazingly popular governor, when I moved here I was very surprised by just how popular. She has brought many jobs to the state, and not just Boeing. Mercedes and Volvo are both here or preparing to build a factory here. Last year, BMW announced a $1 billion expansion for its Spartanburg factory, making it their largest and resulting in a 10% increase in jobs.

Second, unless she wishes to seek a higher office, she's done in politics. This is her second term, she can not run for a third. Well, that's not exactly true, I believe she can run again four years after the end of her second term. Is seeking a higher office a possibility? I suppose it is, but I've not heard anything out her camp on the subject so I'm guessing she plans on finishing her term as governor...Unlike some other governor who shall remain nameless...

But I could be wrong, it happens more often than I care to admit...

I'm all for taking the flag down, but she did flip-flop along with most on the Right.

What "flip-flop?" Do you have a link to some statement she made supporting the flying of the flag?

I don't think she flip flopped. She said it wasn't her call to make, and it wasn't. I faulted her for saying to hell with it, I'm flying the stars and bars at half mast even though the law says that's not my call. But she came out strong on calling for a total removal. And, it's not pandering ... not after the shooting. SC enacted it's flag law in response to civil rights. That makes SC's flag issue different. The flag is used as a symbol of pre-civil war history. It's a symbol of opposition to civil rights.

Now Scott Walker, he flipflopped massively, but that's no surprise

Scott Walker Was Against The Confederate Flag Before He Was OK With It Before He Was Against It Again

The flag was never lowered to half mast, it is impossible to do so as it is not on a pulley system and is padlocked in place, and it is also against the law...

A law that was not enacted in response to the Civil Rights movement. The flag was raised on the flagpole on top of the capitol dome in protest against the court-ordered desegregation of the schools. In 2000, A Democrat governor signed into law a bill passed by a Democrat controlled senate that put the flag where it is now and granted it the protections everyone is bitching about. Though the fact of the matter is this, the 2/3 vote required by the law to make any changes to the display of the flag could be made ineffective by the vote of a simple majority on a new law dealing with it...

The fact of the matter is, ridding the State House of the flag would make great economic sense... Especially for some of our colleges as the NCAA refuses to allow South Carolina to host NCAA athletic events whose locations are determined in advance.

That stupid bitch won by the White vote in SC, many of them true bloodied Southerners.

A large number of them will be pissed at the bitch and she will play hell getting reelected against a Democrat. She may not even make it through the primaries next time around.

She is a traitor to the good people of South Carolina and she deserves her political fate.

You're just a fucking idiot.

This is what happens when foreign influence rises to leadership levels. There is no connection to the American experience.

What "foreign influence?" She was born and raised in South Carolina. Her immigrant parents started a business that grew into a multi-million dollar company for which she worked. Before being elected governor, she served in the South Carolina House of Representatives. Her husband serves in the South Carolina Army National Guard and did a year long tour in Afghanistan.

Sounds like one hell of a connection to the "American experience..."
I hope you're right.
The GOP could use some moderation.

Right back to claiming that, Candy? Who nominated and elected someone who had one of the most "extreme" far left voting records? Why aren't you calling for "moderation" from Democrats?

The US wrote the book on slavery?

Slavery was around for centuries before the US was even known about.

We had one of the largest slave populations in the world with over 4 million people in bondage. We were also one of the last to give up the institution

SC is an occupied state that has had self determination and freedom taken away from them by force..

The people chose to secede from the filthy Union and then they were forced by military action to be incorporated. Kind of like the Balkan States of the old Soviet Union.
Filthy Union from a state that held humans in bondage?

Excuse me but there was slavery in the US decades and decades before the Civil War, all during the Civil War and for almost a year after the Civil War. The United States wrote the book on slavery.

We sure did and it took 600,000 deaths to end it

The asshole that started the war said it was not to end slavery

"My paramount object in this struggle is to save the Union, and is not either to save or to destroy slavery. If I could save the Union without freeing any slave I would do it, and if I could save it by freeing all the slaves I would do it; and if I could save it by freeing some and leaving others alone I would also do that. What I do about slavery, and the colored race, I do because I believe it helps to save the Union; and what I forbear, I forbear because I do not believe it would help to save the Union. I shall do less whenever I shall believe what I am doing hurts the cause, and I shall do more whenever I shall believe doing more will help the cause." The Collected Works of Abraham Lincoln edited by Roy P. Basler, Volume V, "Letter to Horace Greeley" (August 22, 1862), p. 388.

Probably not. It's pandering, but that's what politicians do.

The issue will come when they go after ANY confederate flag on public grounds, like ones by Civil War monuments.
Flags of traitor nations and/or defeated enemies should not be flown on public grounds period. Fly it at your home or business.

Next you will want the memorials themselves banned. It never ends with you bed wetters.
I don't think tax dollars should support them but other than that I have no problem with what people do on private property regarding memorials. Talk about a bedwetter, lmao.

Too bad.

Her attack on the Confederate flag is an irrational, knee-jerk reaction. She either doesn't know much about Confederate history and/or she is unwilling to stand up to the PC crowd. That said, if I lived in SC, I would vote for her over just about any Democrat.

Not so sure about that. I mean, who's she really pissing off in her State? The camo-wearing, gun-hoarding, sister-fucking, racist, redneck assholes? Who cares what they think? Even in the South they're becoming marginalized.

It's a good thing that she's pissing those nutters off. Means she's doing something right. I think the rational common sense thinking People of her State will support her even more now.

Wow.

Some incredibly... um... id... um... interesting posts from both sides of the political spectrum.

Too bad.

First, you're probably wrong, but this happens often enough that you should be used to it by now. She's an amazingly popular governor, when I moved here I was very surprised by just how popular. She has brought many jobs to the state, and not just Boeing. Mercedes and Volvo are both here or preparing to build a factory here. Last year, BMW announced a $1 billion expansion for its Spartanburg factory, making it their largest and resulting in a 10% increase in jobs.

Second, unless she wishes to seek a higher office, she's done in politics. This is her second term, she can not run for a third. Well, that's not exactly true, I believe she can run again four years after the end of her second term. Is seeking a higher office a possibility? I suppose it is, but I've not heard anything out her camp on the subject so I'm guessing she plans on finishing her term as governor...Unlike some other governor who shall remain nameless...

But I could be wrong, it happens more often than I care to admit...

I'm all for taking the flag down, but she did flip-flop along with most on the Right.

What "flip-flop?" Do you have a link to some statement she made supporting the flying of the flag?

I don't think she flip flopped. She said it wasn't her call to make, and it wasn't. I faulted her for saying to hell with it, I'm flying the stars and bars at half mast even though the law says that's not my call. But she came out strong on calling for a total removal. And, it's not pandering ... not after the shooting. SC enacted it's flag law in response to civil rights. That makes SC's flag issue different. The flag is used as a symbol of pre-civil war history. It's a symbol of opposition to civil rights.

Now Scott Walker, he flipflopped massively, but that's no surprise

Scott Walker Was Against The Confederate Flag Before He Was OK With It Before He Was Against It Again

The flag was never lowered to half mast, it is impossible to do so as it is not on a pulley system and is padlocked in place, and it is also against the law...

A law that was not enacted in response to the Civil Rights movement. The flag was raised on the flagpole on top of the capitol dome in protest against the court-ordered desegregation of the schools. In 2000, A Democrat governor signed into law a bill passed by a Democrat controlled senate that put the flag where it is now and granted it the protections everyone is bitching about. Though the fact of the matter is this, the 2/3 vote required by the law to make any changes to the display of the flag could be made ineffective by the vote of a simple majority on a new law dealing with it...

The fact of the matter is, ridding the State House of the flag would make great economic sense... Especially for some of our colleges as the NCAA refuses to allow South Carolina to host NCAA athletic events whose locations are determined in advance.

That stupid bitch won by the White vote in SC, many of them true bloodied Southerners.

A large number of them will be pissed at the bitch and she will play hell getting reelected against a Democrat. She may not even make it through the primaries next time around.

She is a traitor to the good people of South Carolina and she deserves her political fate.

You're just a fucking idiot.

This is what happens when foreign influence rises to leadership levels. There is no connection to the American experience.

What "foreign influence?" She was born and raised in South Carolina. Her immigrant parents started a business that grew into a multi-million dollar company for which she worked. Before being elected governor, she served in the South Carolina House of Representatives. Her husband serves in the South Carolina Army National Guard and did a year long tour in Afghanistan.

Sounds like one hell of a connection to the "American experience..."
I hope you're right.
The GOP could use some moderation.

Right back to claiming that, Candy?
Never claimed anything else.

Who nominated and elected someone who had one of the most "extreme" far left voting records?
I guess you're talking about Obama. That would be the American people 332-206. Did you like that? I can remind you about it again later if you did....(or didn't).

Why aren't you calling for "moderation" from Democrats?

Extreme progressiveness is not a symptom of cave-man thinking. Believing that angels determine your outcome, that the earth is thousands of years old, that you can just blast your way out of every situation (after you blast your way into it)...this is the thinking that needs modernization.

Attachments

• upload_2015-6-24_7-45-57.png
    upload_2015-6-24_7-45-57.png
    109.6 KB · Views: 63

Too bad.

Tea Baggers are so easily butthurt.

They are like impotent Nazis.

All the rage, none of the power or balls to commit real atrocities.

Most of the Tea Bagger lynchings are of the character assassination variety. Spineless.

Too bad.

Tea Baggers are so easily butthurt.

They are like impotent Nazis.

All the rage, none of the power or balls to commit real atrocities.

Most of the Tea Bagger lynchings are of the character assassination variety. Spineless.

It is hateful, irresponsible rhetoric like yours that is poisoning our political debate. Your sigblock comparison of the Tea Party with the Taliban is as bad as the Nazi propaganda was about Jews.

The issue will come when they go after ANY confederate flag on public grounds, like ones by Civil War monuments.
Flags of traitor nations and/or defeated enemies should not be flown on public grounds period. Fly it at your home or business.

Next you will want the memorials themselves banned. It never ends with you bed wetters.
I don't think tax dollars should support them but other than that I have no problem with what people do on private property regarding memorials. Talk about a bedwetter, lmao.

Why not? Most of these are State memorials. If a State wants to do it, who is to stop them? And if they are federal parks why shouldn't both sides have their memorials? The idea was to heal after the civil war, now we are basically trying to fight it all over again.

Why not? Most of these are State memorials. If a State wants to do it, who is to stop them? And if they are federal parks why shouldn't both sides have their memorials? The idea was to heal after the civil war, now we are basically trying to fight it all over again.
I do not think a government should use my money to honor a bunch of traitors. Because that is exactly what they are doing in an effort to be PC. Fuck them.

I do not think a government should use my money to honor a bunch of traitors. Because that is exactly what they are doing in an effort to be PC. Fuck them.

Stop being such a wuss.

Yeah, she sure has pissed off the white camo-wearing, gun-hoarding, sister-fucking rednecks. But is that a bad thing? Maybe for her political career. But not for her as a person.

I remember when Scott Walker's career was over....or so said the left loons...right before Walker crushed their little recall attempt LMAO

I am glad @nikkihaley is calling for the Confederate flag to come down. I support her decision - SKW

Too damn funny.

What's funny...well more sad really is you using the deaths of the people to push a political agenda. And yes you are. You and most democrats are filth
Psst...Benghazi.

[

What we are fighting against now is the Liberal American Taliban trying to curtail what they think are politically incorrect ideas.

Stop being such a wuss.
Que?

Stop being such a wuss.
Que?

Queso?

Forum List

Back