Nikki Haley's career is over

I'm pretty sure that Haley slit her own throat coming out against the Flag.

Too bad.

I don't think so. I'm sure Nikki Haley checked the political waters for allies before she stepped up to the microphone. There was nobody willing to be the first...Nikki stepped up

She also saved the current crop of GOP presidential candidates from uncomfortable questions on where they stand

I wouldn't be surprised if she pops up as the Republican VP candidate

Yeah, for sure.... who cares about $17,000,000,000,000 of debt and $20,000,000,000,000+ unfunded liabilities. Let's talk about flags and fags.
:lol:

Do you think that the four GOP senators running for Congress (the Congress spent very penny of that debt) are wanting to talk about the debt they helped ring up?

Too bad.

I don't think so. I'm sure Nikki Haley checked the political waters for allies before she stepped up to the microphone. There was nobody willing to be the first...Nikki stepped up

She also saved the current crop of GOP presidential candidates from uncomfortable questions on where they stand

Yeah, for sure.... who cares about $17,000,000,000,000 of debt and $20,000,000,000,000+ unfunded liabilities. Let's talk about flags and fags.

Do you think that the four GOP senators running for Congress (the Congress spent very penny of that debt) are wanting to talk about the debt they helped ring up?
Not during the primary, but it will be interesting if the nominee doesn't have a credible plan on entitlement reform, and hopefully the nominee will at least be positive about tax reform on a Rubio/Paul Ryan format.

Too bad.

You are free to start a thread on those topics

What is stopping you?

Too bad.

You are free to start a thread on those topics

What is stopping you?

Soggy in NOLA won't be able to just bitch about things...he'll have to defend. Not going to happen.

Like the de nazifactaion ofter WWII , we are now seeing ( one hundred and fifty years too late) the de confederateazation and de crackerazation of the southern states

And the Southern states should take theur tactics from a Union General and burn the entire region to the ground to ensure the enemy cannot use it.

Too bad.

If they want to talk about debt, they need to talk about specific spending cuts and taxes

They will not touch it

image.png

Too bad.

If they want to talk about debt, they need to talk about specific spending cuts and taxes

They will not touch it

I don't expect Hillary will talk about raising the age for soc sec and COLAs during the primary. Certainly not with Bernie Sanders talking about more paid vacations. "Hey, look more FREE stuff"

I don't really see much difference ... in primary terms.

Too bad.

I'm not sure the GOP crop of candidates is going to see her opposition to the flag as a benefit. Here is why:

First and foremost, it keeps it in the news cycle. This issue is a loser for the GOP and that isn't going to help.

Secondly, as a governor, her term is up in 2019. She won by 14 points so she has some capital to give away. When you're running against 10-12 other people as the GOP candidates will be...you can give away nothing. Especially since the GOP primary is on February 20 or 9 days before Super Tuesday.
If you're going to have a chance, you will have to win one of the first 3 contests (IA, NH, and SC) break even on Super Tuesday (or better). What Haley's comments have done is basically put the candidates on the spot (She took a position so why can't you?). If you don't finish in the top 3, you are likely not going to be a factor on Super Tuesday.

Thirdly,
For those candidates who take her stand and don't fall back into the "state's issue" haven, they are going to have to really bank on winning in IA or NH. Resources and money can win you IA. NH...not so much. You have to be likable too.

In the end, it's made it much harder for the candidates.

A VP nod? As a female that may be a path forward. I think it shows strength to do what she did. However, I think most of the backward south will see her as spineless at having "given in". That she "gave in" to the correct path is not a plus with these folks.

That stupid bitch won by the White vote in SC, many of them true bloodied Southerners.

A large number of them will be pissed at the bitch and she will play hell getting reelected against a Democrat. She may not even make it through the primaries next time around.

She is a traitor to the good people of South Carolina and she deserves her political fate.

That stupid bitch won by the White vote in SC, many of them true bloodied Southerners.

A large number of them will be pissed at the bitch and she will play hell getting reelected against a Democrat. She may not even make it through the primaries next time around.

She is a traitor to the good people of South Carolina and she deserves her political fate.
"true blooded?" Oy vay.

This is what happens when foreign influence rises to leadership levels. There is no connection to the American experience.

I didn't like her anymore because of her right to work bs which lowered wages..... but with this she gained some of my respect back.

Probably not. It's pandering, but that's what politicians do.

The issue will come when they go after ANY confederate flag on public grounds, like ones by Civil War monuments.
Flags of traitor nations and/or defeated enemies should not be flown on public grounds period. Fly it at your home or business.

Probably not. It's pandering, but that's what politicians do.

The issue will come when they go after ANY confederate flag on public grounds, like ones by Civil War monuments.
Flags of traitor nations and/or defeated enemies should not be flown on public grounds period. Fly it at your home or business.
Then the rainbow piece of obama should go too.

Forum List

Back