Nikki Haley's career is over

I remember when Scott Walker's career was over....or so said the left loons...right before Walker crushed their little recall attempt LMAO

I am glad @nikkihaley is calling for the Confederate flag to come down. I support her decision - SKW

Too damn funny.

What's funny...well more sad really is you using the deaths of the people to push a political agenda. And yes you are. You and most democrats are filth

I'm pretty sure that Haley slit her own throat coming out against the Flag.

Too bad.

I doubt it.. it's such a non-issue except to the clinically insane.

You've defined a lot of southern voters.

Let's give South Carolina some credit, Candy...they had a racial issue and it didn't devolve into riots in the streets...unlike in Baltimore and St. Louis. Perhaps it's time that your impressions of the South came out of the "deep past"?

Haley won't be recalled. She just won't hold elective office again. She did make it worse by saying she wanted the flag removed in a spirit of unity. That was the worst thing she could possibly say.

Too bad.

I doubt it.. it's such a non-issue except to the clinically insane.

You've defined a lot of southern voters.

Let's give South Carolina some credit, Candy...they had a racial issue and it didn't devolve into riots in the streets...unlike in Baltimore and St. Louis. Perhaps it's time that your impressions of the South came out of the "deep past"?

Yeah, in the north, they tend to let protesters protest. In the South it's not that the racial tensions are lessened...its that cops down there have a hair-trigger and think nothing of...oh...shooting an UNARMED black guy in the back and casually handcuffing him instead of trying to revive him.
Screen-Shot-2015-04-07-at-8.41.07-PM.jpg

I hope her career is not over.

But I fear it is.
It should be for her flip-flopping on the flag, but this morning I heard talk of her becoming a VP candidate.

VP candidates (like the post itself) are incubated to a degree so there could be some hope for that. Maybe if she emerges from the post in 8 years, the last bastions of hatred may have been silenced or marginalized to the point where she can re-emerge.

I'm all for taking the flag down, but she did flip-flop along with most on the Right.

I agree. I'm not saying her position is not admirable. The flag a symbol of hate. The funny thing is that the stars and bars is a battle flag and not the flag of the nation itself. It would be like us wanting to honor the US by flying the "don't tread on me" banner. I would bet that most supporters of keeping this thing flying couldn't tell you that.

I don't think she flip flopped. She said it wasn't her call to make, and it wasn't. I faulted her for saying to hell with it, I'm flying the stars and bars at half mast even though the law says that's not my call. But she came out strong on calling for a total removal. And, it's not pandering ... not after the shooting. SC enacted it's flag law in response to civil rights. That makes SC's flag issue different. The flag is used as a symbol of pre-civil war history. It's a symbol of opposition to civil rights.

Now Scott Walker, he flipflopped massively, but that's no surprise

Scott Walker Was Against The Confederate Flag Before He Was OK With It Before He Was Against It Again

Haley won't be recalled. She just won't hold elective office again. She did make it worse by saying she wanted the flag removed in a spirit of unity. That was the worst thing she could possibly say.

Absolutely- how dare she want unity in the State of South Carolina.

LOL......now she might never be elected President of the United States.......

The way I see it the flag is a non issue and won't be a blip on any voters radar when they cast their votes.

Haley's been a good Governor and brought jobs to her State I think that's what the voters will be looking at and that's all they will be looking at.

Too bad.
Doubtful when this whole flag flap started I saw a poll where it showed 60 something percent of the people of South Carolina viewed the flag as a negative symbol. If that is the case this won't hurt her plus she has taken away a possible wedge issue for the Democrats to use on the whole it sounds like job well done.

Too bad.

I don't think so. I'm sure Nikki Haley checked the political waters for allies before she stepped up to the microphone. There was nobody willing to be the first...Nikki stepped up

She also saved the current crop of GOP presidential candidates from uncomfortable questions on where they stand

I wouldn't be surprised if she pops up as the Republican VP candidate

Too bad.

I don't think so. I'm sure Nikki Haley checked the political waters for allies before she stepped up to the microphone. There was nobody willing to be the first...Nikki stepped up

She also saved the current crop of GOP presidential candidates from uncomfortable questions on where they stand

Yeah, for sure.... who cares about $17,000,000,000,000 of debt and $20,000,000,000,000+ unfunded liabilities. Let's talk about flags and fags.

:lol:

Too bad.

At this point she's better than the clowns running for the top slot.

Too bad.

I doubt it. The flag has needed to come down for a long time. The time is finally here where the majority agree. She will be fine.

There was an overwhelming vote in the State House to remove the flag. It's gone to the State Senate.
Sen. Paul Thurmond, son of Strom, is speaking in favor of its removal.

Forum List

Back