New York Times: $15 an Hour is Meant to Drive Fast Food Out of Business

Bull Shit! Thirty years ago people said when planes could fly themselves we'd not need pilots. Guess what, planes can take-off, turn at intersections, find the airport and land by themselves and we still have Pilots.

The truth is we have hit a road block in terms of automation. Until someone can teach a machine to think, we'll be forever stuck.

Wow..... You are absolutely brain dead bonkers.

Why do you think McDonald's spent MILLIONs building that 100% automated store? Let me guess... because they believed labor would remain cheap? Of course it was because they intended to be read when the minimum wage went up.

Why do you think that out of all the fast-food chains in the country, the CEO of McDs was ok with the minimum wage going up? Because they are ready for it.

While other smaller chains are run out of business, McDonalds has the cash to replace workers with automation. They can afford it.

So while other stores are going out of business, McDonalds will make BILLIONS. YOU are going to make the CEO of McDonalds RICH, while the poor end up unemployed.

You people on the left, are the ones who make the rich richer and poor poorer.

If McDonalds has all of these machines that will replace humans, where are they?

Right now, at this time, the cost of labor is lower than the cost of automation.

All companies would prefer to have people over machines. As long as it is profitable to have people instead of machines, they will keep the people.

As you arbitrarily increase the cost of labor, more and more people will be replaced with machines.

When I worked at McDonalds, back during the time of the Modem (techy chronology), you did everything by hand.

Today, each aspect the store is being automated.

Robots Roll From Plant To Kitchen - tribunedigital-chicagotribune

At first glance, the fry station at the McDonald's restaurant in Mishawaka, Ind., looks the same as any other fry station-same size, same silver color.

Closer scrutiny, however, reveals that it's no run-of-the-mill spud fryer. Most notably, it doesn't have a human attendant. Instead, it weighs, cooks, times, shakes and dumps fries by itself, without help from crew members.

pixel.gif

pixel.gif

The fry station, part of a McDonald's program known as ARCH (Automated Restaurant Crew Helper), is one of the country's highest-profile examples of food-service automation. It's also part of a growing trend that's slowly moving the industrial robot into the service sector.​

Automated Fry station. It does everything by itself.

maxresdefault.jpg

Automated beverage station.

66257674robot-burger-breakdown.jpg

Automated burger cooker, and maker. Makes the entire burger by itself. 400 burgers an hour.

In fact, when I worked at McDs, we had a full time cook. He sat at the grill and grilled everything.

Not anymore.

6135080395_d1cce35b8f_b.jpg

The "cook" doesn't actually do anything, except slap the patties on the grill, and hit a button. The grill does everything else.

And of course, we all know about McDonald's replacing people with Kiosks.

mcdonalds.jpg

Look at all those happy cashiers enjoying the new higher minimum wage! All those unemployed cashiers send their thanks to the leftards that killed their jobs.

You say where are the robots? Dude... they are here. It's just matter of when will the cost of labor go up high enough to make the robots economical. Just keep raising the minimum wage, and all those people are unemployed. I would stake my paycheck on that.

What you have show:

1) Portion control

2) Technology that has yet to be invented

3) Double sided cookers which were invented in the 40's.

4) Kiosks that people won't use. Notice the pads to the left of the kid playing?

If I thought that any of this had promise, I'd be investing.

Really.... LOL. So no one is using them? Really? Some of the biggest corporations in America, are paying my company millions, and none of our Kiosks are being used?

You prove that. Good luck.

Some technology is yet to be invented, that's true.

Regardless, my point is the technology has been advancing since I've been in the fast food industry, till today.

The number of employees per store, has gone down since the minimum wage went up.

Employees per establishment in the U.S. fast food industry 2018 Statistic

Prior to 2007, the average number of employees per store, was going UP. The reason is simple. As inflation makes the cost of labor cheaper, it's becomes more practical and profitable to employ more people.

Then in 2007, the average number of employees per store declined. In 2007 the average was 17.15, and today it's 15.5. That's a massive drop.

How are they able to keep their stores open? Rolling out this automation technology. Automatic beverage. Auto grill. Auto Fries. Kiosk instead of Cashier.

Again, the process is slow, because it is a significant investment. But over time, as the cost of labor goes up, the more practical those automated systems become.

The company where you work builds vending machines.

Last edited:
Bottom line: The OP is a failed business owner that makes bad food that nobody buys, and wants to blame her faults on a higher minimum wage.

So a store that has been in business for decades, served bad food no one wanted?

That's not logical. And by the way, isn't it funny how the left is quick to accuse others of prejudging, but then is FIRST to prejudge someone else? You have no idea about any of the businesses you just talked about. Never been to any of them. Never talked to anyone who actually went to any of them, but you are fully ready to be judge and jury over all of them, and paint them all as serving bad food?

Hypocrite. Hallmark of the left.

Wow..... You are absolutely brain dead bonkers.

Why do you think McDonald's spent MILLIONs building that 100% automated store? Let me guess... because they believed labor would remain cheap? Of course it was because they intended to be read when the minimum wage went up.

Why do you think that out of all the fast-food chains in the country, the CEO of McDs was ok with the minimum wage going up? Because they are ready for it.

While other smaller chains are run out of business, McDonalds has the cash to replace workers with automation. They can afford it.

So while other stores are going out of business, McDonalds will make BILLIONS. YOU are going to make the CEO of McDonalds RICH, while the poor end up unemployed.

You people on the left, are the ones who make the rich richer and poor poorer.

If McDonalds has all of these machines that will replace humans, where are they?

Right now, at this time, the cost of labor is lower than the cost of automation.

All companies would prefer to have people over machines. As long as it is profitable to have people instead of machines, they will keep the people.

As you arbitrarily increase the cost of labor, more and more people will be replaced with machines.

When I worked at McDonalds, back during the time of the Modem (techy chronology), you did everything by hand.

At first glance, the fry station at the McDonald's restaurant in Mishawaka, Ind., looks the same as any other fry station-same size, same silver color.

Closer scrutiny, however, reveals that it's no run-of-the-mill spud fryer. Most notably, it doesn't have a human attendant. Instead, it weighs, cooks, times, shakes and dumps fries by itself, without help from crew members.

pixel.gif

pixel.gif

The fry station, part of a McDonald's program known as ARCH (Automated Restaurant Crew Helper), is one of the country's highest-profile examples of food-service automation. It's also part of a growing trend that's slowly moving the industrial robot into the service sector.​

maxresdefault.jpg

Automated burger cooker, and maker. Makes the entire burger by itself. 400 burgers an hour.

In fact, when I worked at McDs, we had a full time cook. He sat at the grill and grilled everything.

Not anymore.

The "cook" doesn't actually do anything, except slap the patties on the grill, and hit a button. The grill does everything else.

mcdonalds.jpg

Look at all those happy cashiers enjoying the new higher minimum wage! All those unemployed cashiers send their thanks to the leftards that killed their jobs.

You say where are the robots? Dude... they are here. It's just matter of when will the cost of labor go up high enough to make the robots economical. Just keep raising the minimum wage, and all those people are unemployed. I would stake my paycheck on that.

What you have show:

1) Portion control

4) Kiosks that people won't use. Notice the pads to the left of the kid playing?

Really.... LOL. So no one is using them? Really? Some of the biggest corporations in America, are paying my company millions, and none of our Kiosks are being used?

Regardless, my point is the technology has been advancing since I've been in the fast food industry, till today.

The number of employees per store, has gone down since the minimum wage went up.

Prior to 2007, the average number of employees per store, was going UP. The reason is simple. As inflation makes the cost of labor cheaper, it's becomes more practical and profitable to employ more people.

Then in 2007, the average number of employees per store declined. In 2007 the average was 17.15, and today it's 15.5. That's a massive drop.

How are they able to keep their stores open? Rolling out this automation technology. Automatic beverage. Auto grill. Auto Fries. Kiosk instead of Cashier.

Again, the process is slow, because it is a significant investment. But over time, as the cost of labor goes up, the more practical those automated systems become.

The company where you builds vending machines.

We don't make vending machines. We make kiosks. Vending machines generally don't replace works. Kiosks do. Some of our companies explicitly say, they are buying them to replace workers.

I just read a book that says they will be on the highways within a decade. Google already has driverless cars that have logged over 100,000 accident free miles. A driverless truck can be on the road 24 hours a day, and they can drive all night when congestion is nonexistent. There are just too many advantages for trucking firms to ignore it.

In 40 years they will have computers that are 100 times smarter than any human, so why would anyone believe they aren't capable of driving a truck better than a human?

The book you read must be science fiction.

Google reports a 12th self-driving car accident

Read on:

Google

The car wasn't at fault, moron. It wasn't at fault in any of those accidents, so the claim is true.

The other one they haven't covered is pilot error. All the accidents that have occurred in the last decade are due to pilot error

All? Are you sure about that?

I think that's right.... with the exception of hitting birds. I don't think there has been a crash in the past 10 years, due to mechanical failure or auto-pilot failure. Could be wrong. I think I remember reading that.

The other car has always been at fault.

Bottom line: The OP is a failed business owner that makes bad food that nobody buys, and wants to blame her faults on a higher minimum wage.

So a store that has been in business for decades, served bad food no one wanted?

That's not logical. And by the way, isn't it funny how the left is quick to accuse others of prejudging, but then is FIRST to prejudge someone else? You have no idea about any of the businesses you just talked about. Never been to any of them. Never talked to anyone who actually went to any of them, but you are fully ready to be judge and jury over all of them, and paint them all as serving bad food?

'If' the store was there for decades and new competition moved in reducing their customer base, that is a determination that the employer failed to reinvent for changing times.

'If' the store was there for decades and new competition moved in reducing their customer base, that is a determination that the employer failed to reinvent for changing times.

Do you just assume that's the case, or do you have any evidence? We've given evidence for our claims. You just make up excuses for yours. Prove it.

pixel.gif

pixel.gif

maxresdefault.jpg

Not anymore.

mcdonalds.jpg

What you have show:

1) Portion control

We don't make vending machines. We make kiosks. Vending machines generally don't replace works. Kiosks do. Some of our companies explicitly say, they are buying them to replace workers.

Kiosks are the new name for vending machine.

I don't care what employers are telling you. I'm a real American. I don't use machines that replace workers when workers are available. I announce that very loudly. You should see the run to check stands when I state that.

I just read a book that says they will be on the highways within a decade. Google already has driverless cars that have logged over 100,000 accident free miles. A driverless truck can be on the road 24 hours a day, and they can drive all night when congestion is nonexistent. There are just too many advantages for trucking firms to ignore it.

In 40 years they will have computers that are 100 times smarter than any human, so why would anyone believe they aren't capable of driving a truck better than a human?

Read on:

Google

The car wasn't at fault, moron. It wasn't at fault in any of those accidents, so the claim is true.

How do you know? Google hasn't released ANY accident reports.

Do you just assume that's the case, or do you have any evidence? We've given evidence for our claims. You just make up excuses for yours. Prove it.

If an established restaurant fails, the ONLY reason is that the owner failed to reinvent. PERIOD! THE REST IS NOTHING MORE THAN BLOVIATING.

Last edited:

pixel.gif

pixel.gif

maxresdefault.jpg

Not anymore.

mcdonalds.jpg

What you have show:

1) Portion control

I don't care what employers are telling you. I'm a real American. I don't use machines that replace workers when workers are available. I announce that very loudly. You should see the run to check stands when I state that.

Do you use a GPS? Then you are using automation that put thousands of people who makes maps out of work.

Read on:

Google

It said so in your article, moron.

What you have show:

1) Portion control

Do you use a GPS? Then you are using automation that put thousands of people who makes maps out of work.

GPS and GPS Mapping are two separate businesses. Which do you want to debate?

Read on:

Google

The article stated: Google hasn't released ANY accident reports. Without accident reports you can't determine fault or percentage of fault.

GPS and GPS Mapping are two separate businesses. Which do you want to debate?
The people who made paper maps are out of a job. That's the bottom line.

Read on:

Google

The article stated: Google hasn't released ANY accident reports. Without accident reports you can't determine fault or percentage of fault.

From your article:

"It wasn't immediately clear where and when the accident took place, but company co-founder Sergey Brin said the vehicle was stopped at a traffic light and rear-ended by another driver."

The people who made paper maps are out of a job. That's the bottom line.

Map Makers are still around. They use computers now. Welcome to 2015!!!!

All the people who printed them, marketed them and sold them are now unemployed. For every person involved in making electronic maps, 100 people involved in making the old style maps were laid off.

Read on:

Google

From your article:

"It wasn't immediately clear where and when the accident took place, but company co-founder Sergey Brin said the vehicle was stopped at a traffic light and rear-ended by another driver."

Then why not release the police report? Brake lights not working? Google hasn't released ANY accident reports. Without accident reports you can't determine fault or percentage of fault.

Forum List

Back