New legal immigration changes

I want a general ban on all immigration, especially Third World immigration for at least the next 50 years.
I completely disagree... you got here because your ancestors had the opportunity to come here and make a life. Now you want to shut that down that opportunity for a generation of people? Sounds pretty selfish to me.

The voters of the time period my ancestors came, had the right to make policy based on their perceived interests at that time.

The voters of today, have the right to make policy based on our perceived interests at this time.

Your talk of "selfish" is nonsense.
Your right about perceived interests and my perceived interests sees your proposal as selfish, short sighted and unrealistic which is why I would t support it. That’s not nonsense, it makes perfect sense

So, to be clear, you're dropping the idea that we Americans today, "owe" the want to be immigrants anything because many of US are descended from immigrants?
“Owe” umm I don’t think I’d phrase it like that. I think they deserve the same opportunities that our ancestors had. To say we owe them sounds like a politically loaded term

So, our immigration policy is to be based not on the wishes of our citizens, but on some type of rights that foreigners have to come here?

What is that right based on? That supersedes our right to self determination?

Politically loaded? YOu are stating that we as Americans don't have the right to control our own nation?

THAT'S beyond "politically loaded", that is a FUCKING BOMB in the idea of America as a nation.

I don't think legal or illegals should get any social programs. Illegals should NEVER get one dime of our money. Legals shouldn't get one dime of our money until they are legalized citizens.

You shouldn't become a legalized citizen until you have shown self sufficiency for 5 years.
Do you think green card immigrants should be able to send their kids to public schools?
Legal residents would be entitled to the use of public schools, would they not (as much as I hate public education)?

I think the biggest gripe about that is the illegal bastards, and we have to educate these illegal kids in their native language.

Since we don’t have the resources or political backing to deport 10+ million undocumented people how do you think cutting them off from education will impact our communities? What do you think that will do to crime rates?

I want a general ban on all immigration, especially Third World immigration for at least the next 50 years.
I completely disagree... you got here because your ancestors had the opportunity to come here and make a life. Now you want to shut that down that opportunity for a generation of people? Sounds pretty selfish to me.
Not to mention it's economic suicide with his plan …..
Bendog, I would really like to see you prosper, so can we send all the moochers to your house where you can get ahead???
:iyfyus.jpg:
Well, let's cut off all your soc sec, and I'll keep mine.
Tell you what...

I paid into my social security, but what would you say about disallowing benefits to the freeloaders that DIDN'T pay in???

Sound fair???

The voters of the time period my ancestors came, had the right to make policy based on their perceived interests at that time.

The voters of today, have the right to make policy based on our perceived interests at this time.

Your right about perceived interests and my perceived interests sees your proposal as selfish, short sighted and unrealistic which is why I would t support it. That’s not nonsense, it makes perfect sense

So, to be clear, you're dropping the idea that we Americans today, "owe" the want to be immigrants anything because many of US are descended from immigrants?
“Owe” umm I don’t think I’d phrase it like that. I think they deserve the same opportunities that our ancestors had. To say we owe them sounds like a politically loaded term

How is requiring immigrants to be self sufficient different than what our ancestors had?

if THEIR way of living eating worms and GRUBS is better why do they sneak into the USA . And my responses are in partial reply to post number , i don't know post number 3 or 5 Slade . I'll get the post Slade .
I sure as hell hope our welfare program provides a better standard of life than 3rd world countries... I never said it wasn’t.. I was just clarifying that you are ignorant to either as you ha e never lived or experienced either. Is that right? Same is true for myself
-------------------------------------- check out post number 34 , THATS what i was replying to as she seems to know what Welfare is about . I only say that USA welfare is gotta be better than third worlders eating worms and grubs in their homelands Slade .

So, our immigration policy is to be based not on the wishes of our citizens, but on some type of rights that foreigners have to come here?

What is that right based on? That supersedes our right to self determination?

Politically loaded? YOu are stating that we as Americans don't have the right to control our own nation?

THAT'S beyond "politically loaded", that is a FUCKING BOMB in the idea of America as a nation.
You completely mischaracterized what I’ve been saying. When did I say we didn’t have the right to control our nation? Was that an intentional distortion?

I’ve been expressing the “wishes” of this citizen. If the masses disagree with me then things don’t go my way, that’s how it works.

Bendog, I would really like to see you prosper, so can we send all the moochers to your house where you can get ahead???
Tell you what...

I paid into my social security, but what would you say about disallowing benefits to the freeloaders that DIDN'T pay in???

Sound fair???
What are you talking about? I had to work a certain number of "quarters" before I was eligible (I got a letter in the mail telling me I was eligible, one day). And how much I can collect some day is based on my actual income. So can you explain to me how people are collecting social security who haven't paid in?

I don't think legal or illegals should get any social programs. Illegals should NEVER get one dime of our money. Legals shouldn't get one dime of our money until they are legalized citizens.

You shouldn't become a legalized citizen until you have shown self sufficiency for 5 years.
Do you think green card immigrants should be able to send their kids to public schools?
Legal residents would be entitled to the use of public schools, would they not (as much as I hate public education)?

I think the biggest gripe about that is the illegal bastards, and we have to educate these illegal kids in their native language.

Since we don’t have the resources or political backing to deport 10+ million undocumented people how do you think cutting them off from education will impact our communities? What do you think that will do to crime rates?
Well, certainly we shouldn't just let it go. They should be fined to pay the cost or something.

How is requiring immigrants to be self sufficient different than what our ancestors had?
I don’t think it is much different. As with everything the devil lies in the details. But I think it is fair to promote self sufficiency both with our citizens and with our incoming immigrants.

Well, certainly we shouldn't just let it go. They should be fined to pay the cost or something.

Yeah there are many ways we can handle the problem and accountability should obviously be included. But please address my points about schools and crime

Our ancestors worked their way on up the ladder, he wants people to come here on the top rung.

The Trump admin has proposed some changes to our legal immigration criteria to exclude those who are not likely to be self sufficient. The idea is to discourage people from immigrating here for welfare benefits and encourage people to contribute more than they take.

Thoughts?

Trump administration announces rule that could limit legal immigration
I honestly don't think they move here for welfare benefits--anyone who believes that ought to try living on them for six months. However, it could take some time when moving to a new country to get a good job, a place to live, get better at English (most people I hear learn at least some of it in school). So I guess making sure they have enough money to cover that is a good idea. Is that it, though? Will we really make them show us their bank accounts? Seems a little rude, but I know a lot of countries do it that way.
I don’t see how we can afford to invite the world over here and also give them money to live while they try and find work. That seems like a system doomed to fail. Many of us have ancestors who came here with change in their pockets and a bag in their hands. They had to do what they had to to survive and thrive. I believe in providing everybody the opportunity to do that, but we have to have a system that works in reality and not something that just sounds compassionate.
I agree. We are no longer a country that allowed people in but also allowed them to starve if they couldn't make good. I still think this whole thing is being made to sound as if immigrants are sucking up welfare benefits and I honestly don't see how, since they aren't eligible for any for a certain number of years after getting here. But if it makes Trump's fans feel that he is doing something to stop this invasion of welfare seekers, I suppose that's well and good.
-------------------------------------------- all they need do is arrive with some kids and then drop a few more kids to get all kinds of welfare and benefits OldLady . These third worlders no matter if young , old , fat , ugly know how to make and then DROP kids on USA soil OldLady .

Replace them with 10 million merited people that bring merit . There are hundreds of millions trying to get here.. pick the best. Ones that can assimilate and work way better then Latinos

----------------------------------------------------- FINED eh , they'd likely pay with taxpayer provided money or partial taxpayer provided money .

Yeah there are many ways we can handle the problem and accountability should obviously be included. But please address my points about schools and crime
What is there to address? If crime is a problem we can expect by not educating illegal children, fine. Educate those illegal kids, but don't do it for free.

Tell you what...

Sound fair???
What are you talking about? I had to work a certain number of "quarters" before I was eligible (I got a letter in the mail telling me I was eligible, one day). And how much I can collect some day is based on my actual income. So can you explain to me how people are collecting social security who haven't paid in?
That's the point. We need immigration for new workers. Legal immigration, that is. And even illegal immigrants are paying the payroll taxes. But I don't think they should ever be eligible for soc sec or medicare.

and WELFARE say 'vermont' or 'maine' probably includes taxpayer provided housing as i think it gets much to cold for penniless third worlders to live outside . So thats food , AC , Heating , lights , television from their homelands , clothes , medical plus much more and all provided by taxpayers to third worlders with papooses OldLady and Slade .

What is there to address? If crime is a problem we can expect by not educating illegal children, fine. Educate those illegal kids, but don't do it for free.

------------------------------------------- they'd simply pay for education using charity or taxpayer provided money is my thinking .

Forum List

Back