New legal immigration changes

I want a general ban on all immigration, especially Third World immigration for at least the next 50 years.

The Trump admin has proposed some changes to our legal immigration criteria to exclude those who are not likely to be self sufficient. The idea is to discourage people from immigrating here for welfare benefits and encourage people to contribute more than they take.

Thoughts?

Trump administration announces rule that could limit legal immigration
-------------------------------------------- GOOD as far as i am concerned . Course i want ALL importation / immigration of ALL foreigner stopped . Also , i didn't check out the link because its been on the news all day . [about Welfare i think eh Slade]

The Trump admin has proposed some changes to our legal immigration criteria to exclude those who are not likely to be self sufficient. The idea is to discourage people from immigrating here for welfare benefits and encourage people to contribute more than they take.

Thoughts?

I see nothing wrong with immigration being a positive for the host nation.

---------------------------------- aren't you or your familia a newly Imported person or group of foreigners Bootney ?? [or was it someone else ??]

Thoughts?

I honestly don't think they move here for welfare benefits--anyone who believes that ought to try living on them for six months. However, it could take some time when moving to a new country to get a good job, a place to live, get better at English (most people I hear learn at least some of it in school). So I guess making sure they have enough money to cover that is a good idea. Is that it, though? Will we really make them show us their bank accounts? Seems a little rude, but I know a lot of countries do it that way.

I want a general ban on all immigration, especially Third World immigration for at least the next 50 years.
I completely disagree... you got here because your ancestors had the opportunity to come here and make a life. Now you want to shut that down that opportunity for a generation of people? Sounds pretty selfish to me.

here in the USA and on Welfare is likely much better than being a third worlder and eating worms and grubs OldLady !!

Thoughts?

-------------------------------------------- GOOD as far as i am concerned . Course i want ALL importation / immigration of ALL foreigner stopped . Also , i didn't check out the link because its been on the news all day . [about Welfare i think eh Slade]
Yes, welfare seems to be the focus of the changes. I disagree with your shutdown though for reasons I stated above

Merit Based Immigration or Shut The Spigot off to Zero.

Also Deport the 20 Million Illegals here permanently.

Then Maybe we can talk about being a little more generous since we are already the most generous planet on Earth.

I completely disagree... you got here because your ancestors had the opportunity to come here and make a life. Now you want to shut that down that opportunity for a generation of people? Sounds pretty selfish to me.
---------------------------------- SELFISH or Practical . i say PRACTICAL rather than Selfish Slade . Course Selfish is also Fine Slade .

Thoughts?

I see nothing wrong with immigration being a positive for the host nation.

---------------------------------- aren't you or your familia a newly Imported person or group of foreigners Bootney ?? [or was it someone else ??]
Someone else.

The voters of the time period my ancestors came, had the right to make policy based on their perceived interests at that time.

The voters of today, have the right to make policy based on our perceived interests at this time.

Your talk of "selfish" is nonsense.

Thoughts?

I honestly don't think they move here for welfare benefits--anyone who believes that ought to try living on them for six months. However, it could take some time when moving to a new country to get a good job, a place to live, get better at English (most people I hear learn at least some of it in school). So I guess making sure they have enough money to cover that is a good idea. Is that it, though? Will we really make them show us their bank accounts? Seems a little rude, but I know a lot of countries do it that way.
I don’t see how we can afford to invite the world over here and also give them money to live while they try and find work. That seems like a system doomed to fail. Many of us have ancestors who came here with change in their pockets and a bag in their hands. They had to do what they had to to survive and thrive. I believe in providing everybody the opportunity to do that, but we have to have a system that works in reality and not something that just sounds compassionate.

here in the USA and on Welfare is likely much better than being a third worlder and eating worms and grubs OldLady !!
And I’m sure you know nothing about either of those things ehh Pismoe?

---------------------------------- SELFISH or Practical . i say PRACTICAL rather than Selfish Slade . Course Selfish is also Fine Slade .
I don’t see it as practical, I see it as disastrous and anti American... also unrealistic

The voters of the time period my ancestors came, had the right to make policy based on their perceived interests at that time.

The voters of today, have the right to make policy based on our perceived interests at this time.

Your talk of "selfish" is nonsense.
Your right about perceived interests and my perceived interests sees your proposal as selfish, short sighted and unrealistic which is why I would t support it. That’s not nonsense, it makes perfect sense

point is that Welfare with its air conditioning , heating , medical , and free food and lots of other Free Stuff is much better than a third worlder eating grubs and worms in his homeland Slade .

Forum List

Back