New legal immigration changes

Every other nation on Earth has standards for immigration that usually favor the nation to whom immigration is sought. I see no reason to do anything different than the rest of the world and have a merit-based system.

but it just a liberal versus American argument that is going nowhere if TRUMP actually does his new Policy Slade .

point is that Welfare with its air conditioning , heating , medical , and free food and lots of other Free Stuff is much better than a third worlder eating grubs and worms in his homeland Slade .
How do you know? Have you lived on welfare in this country? Have you lived in a third world country and actually experienced either of those things? Or are you just going off what you read and imagine?

Every other nation on Earth has standards for immigration that usually favor the nation to whom immigration is sought. I see no reason to do anything different than the rest of the world and have a merit-based system.

I don’t like merit based but I do think self sufficiency makes sense if it’s done right.

I don't think legal or illegals should get any social programs. Illegals should NEVER get one dime of our money. Legals shouldn't get one dime of our money until they are legalized citizens.

You shouldn't become a legalized citizen until you have shown self sufficiency for 5 years.

I want a general ban on all immigration, especially Third World immigration for at least the next 50 years.
I completely disagree... you got here because your ancestors had the opportunity to come here and make a life. Now you want to shut that down that opportunity for a generation of people? Sounds pretty selfish to me.
Not to mention it's economic suicide with his plan …..

I want a general ban on all immigration, especially Third World immigration for at least the next 50 years.
I completely disagree... you got here because your ancestors had the opportunity to come here and make a life. Now you want to shut that down that opportunity for a generation of people? Sounds pretty selfish to me.

The voters of the time period my ancestors came, had the right to make policy based on their perceived interests at that time.

The voters of today, have the right to make policy based on our perceived interests at this time.

Your talk of "selfish" is nonsense.
Your right about perceived interests and my perceived interests sees your proposal as selfish, short sighted and unrealistic which is why I would t support it. That’s not nonsense, it makes perfect sense

So, to be clear, you're dropping the idea that we Americans today, "owe" the want to be immigrants anything because many of US are descended from immigrants?

I don't think legal or illegals should get any social programs. Illegals should NEVER get one dime of our money. Legals shouldn't get one dime of our money until they are legalized citizens.

You shouldn't become a legalized citizen until you have shown self sufficiency for 5 years.
Do you think green card immigrants should be able to send their kids to public schools?

if THEIR way of living eating worms and GRUBS is better why do they sneak into the USA . And my responses are in partial reply to post number , i don't know post number 3 or 5 Slade . I'll get the post Slade .

The voters of the time period my ancestors came, had the right to make policy based on their perceived interests at that time.

The voters of today, have the right to make policy based on our perceived interests at this time.

Your talk of "selfish" is nonsense.
Your right about perceived interests and my perceived interests sees your proposal as selfish, short sighted and unrealistic which is why I would t support it. That’s not nonsense, it makes perfect sense

So, to be clear, you're dropping the idea that we Americans today, "owe" the want to be immigrants anything because many of US are descended from immigrants?
“Owe” umm I don’t think I’d phrase it like that. I think they deserve the same opportunities that our ancestors had. To say we owe them sounds like a politically loaded term

The Trump admin has proposed some changes to our legal immigration criteria to exclude those who are not likely to be self sufficient. The idea is to discourage people from immigrating here for welfare benefits and encourage people to contribute more than they take.

Thoughts?

Trump administration announces rule that could limit legal immigration
I honestly don't think they move here for welfare benefits--anyone who believes that ought to try living on them for six months. However, it could take some time when moving to a new country to get a good job, a place to live, get better at English (most people I hear learn at least some of it in school). So I guess making sure they have enough money to cover that is a good idea. Is that it, though? Will we really make them show us their bank accounts? Seems a little rude, but I know a lot of countries do it that way.
I don’t see how we can afford to invite the world over here and also give them money to live while they try and find work. That seems like a system doomed to fail. Many of us have ancestors who came here with change in their pockets and a bag in their hands. They had to do what they had to to survive and thrive. I believe in providing everybody the opportunity to do that, but we have to have a system that works in reality and not something that just sounds compassionate.
I agree. We are no longer a country that allowed people in but also allowed them to starve if they couldn't make good. I still think this whole thing is being made to sound as if immigrants are sucking up welfare benefits and I honestly don't see how, since they aren't eligible for any for a certain number of years after getting here. But if it makes Trump's fans feel that he is doing something to stop this invasion of welfare seekers, I suppose that's well and good.

Do you think green card immigrants should be able to send their kids to public schools?
Legal residents would be entitled to the use of public schools, would they not (as much as I hate public education)?

I think the biggest gripe about that is the illegal bastards, and we have to educate these illegal kids in their native language.

Bendog, I would really like to see you prosper, so can we send all the moochers to your house where you can get ahead???
:iyfyus.jpg:

The Trump admin has proposed some changes to our legal immigration criteria to exclude those who are not likely to be self sufficient. The idea is to discourage people from immigrating here for welfare benefits and encourage people to contribute more than they take.

Thoughts?

I honestly don't think they move here for welfare benefits--anyone who believes that ought to try living on them for six months. However, it could take some time when moving to a new country to get a good job, a place to live, get better at English (most people I hear learn at least some of it in school). So I guess making sure they have enough money to cover that is a good idea. Is that it, though? Will we really make them show us their bank accounts? Seems a little rude, but I know a lot of countries do it that way.
----------------------------------------------- check it out Slade, its Old Ldies thinking that prompted my replies Slade , She seems to KNOW about Welfare Benefits Slade .

I don’t like merit based but I do think self sufficiency makes sense if it’s done right.
I agree with the plan, but only because it exempts from "welfare" kids on schips, Medicaid for moms and kids for 60 days after birth, Wic nutrition assistance and (for reasons I don't understand) medicare Part D prescription drugs. I assume any child born with developmental disabilities will not be thrown out.

What irks me is that if an immigrant is sponsored by a relative, then that relative should bear the burden of getting the immigrant on his/her feet, and not the taxpayer.

if THEIR way of living eating worms and GRUBS is better why do they sneak into the USA . And my responses are in partial reply to post number , i don't know post number 3 or 5 Slade . I'll get the post Slade .
I sure as hell hope our welfare program provides a better standard of life than 3rd world countries... I never said it wasn’t.. I was just clarifying that you are ignorant to either as you ha e never lived or experienced either. Is that right? Same is true for myself

Bendog, I would really like to see you prosper, so can we send all the moochers to your house where you can get ahead???
:iyfyus.jpg:
Well, let's cut off all your soc sec, and I'll keep mine.

Thoughts?

I don’t see how we can afford to invite the world over here and also give them money to live while they try and find work. That seems like a system doomed to fail. Many of us have ancestors who came here with change in their pockets and a bag in their hands. They had to do what they had to to survive and thrive. I believe in providing everybody the opportunity to do that, but we have to have a system that works in reality and not something that just sounds compassionate.
I agree. We are no longer a country that allowed people in but also allowed them to starve if they couldn't make good. I still think this whole thing is being made to sound as if immigrants are sucking up welfare benefits and I honestly don't see how, since they aren't eligible for any for a certain number of years after getting here. But if it makes Trump's fans feel that he is doing something to stop this invasion of welfare seekers, I suppose that's well and good.
You bring up a great point and source for much confusion. The current process for receiving benefits and the legal process for immigrants should be discussed and understood much better in our media and by our people.

point is that Welfare with its air conditioning , heating , medical , and free food and lots of other Free Stuff is much better than a third worlder eating grubs and worms in his homeland Slade .
How do you know? Have you lived on welfare in this country? Have you lived in a third world country and actually experienced either of those things? Or are you just going off what you read and imagine?
Why don’t you democrats fund the welfare for illegals and immigrants... don’t be a pussy. Put your money where your mouth is .. 60 million of you democrats! Many very rich.. PAY FOR IT!

Forum List

Back