New Jersey School Bans Halloween For 'Diversity' Reasons

Theowl32

Diamond Member
Dec 8, 2013
Seth Boyden Elementary School in Maplewood held annual Halloween activities including a student parade, but now the pressures of diversity mean these activities are no longer appropriate, school officials say.

“One of the strengths of Seth Boyden is that we are such a diverse community, with many cultures represented, and that we truly value each one,” Seth Boyden principal Mark Quiles and two Parent-Teacher Association (PTA) leaders said in a joint message to parents. “In the past, in-school celebrations of Halloween have made many of our students feel left out … [and as] a result, after careful consultation and deliberation, we have decided not to hold in-school Halloween activities.”

New Jersey School Bans Halloween For ‘Diversity’ Reasons

So, to the left wing morons, since 20% of the kids did not participate they want to take Halloween away from the 80% that do.

I am pretty sure they would allow a boy to dress like a girl and a girl to dress like a boy though, especially if 20% Christians are offended by that.

Yeah, just thought you needed another reason to hate liberals more today than you did yesterday.

This again?

Some other clown brought this up a couple of days ago. In that one he said "liberals" did it. This time it says "left wing" --- and then as a bonus track, "liberals" at the end. Even though neither linked story mentions any such thing, or any kind of politics at all.

And btw, deciding not to hold events or as your own link says, simply not planning them in the first place, is not what "ban" means. A school still gets to decide what its extracurricular activities are -- not you. That's not a "ban".

I had dinner tonight. I decided to have fish, not spaghetti. Did I 'ban' spaghetti?

Moreover nobody said anything about it being "offensive".

/thread

Last edited:
This again?

Some other clown brought this up a couple of days ago. In that one he said "liberals" did it. This time it says "left wing" --- and then as a bonus track, "liberals" at the end. Even though neither linked story mentions any such thing, or any kind of politics at all.

And btw, deciding not to hold events or as your own link says, simply not planning them in the first place, is not what "ban" means. A school still gets to decide what its extracurricular activities are -- not you. That's not a "ban".

I had dinner tonight. I decided to have fish, not spaghetti. Did I 'ban' spaghetti?

/thread

Lets put 2 and 2 together dip shit...

The state is New Jersey, ya know the state where it is illegal to pump your own gas, the state where you can get a felony if you have a gun in your car...

So you going to sit back super moron and say this is not the work of the PC police liberals?

This again?

/thread

The state is New Jersey, ya know the state where it is illegal to pump your own gas, the state where you can get a felony if you have a gun in your car...

So you going to sit back super moron and say this is not the work of the PC police liberals?

There's no reference in any iteration of the story to politics at all. None. Zero.

Nor is it a "ban"... nor, to return to the OP, did the school "take Hallowe'en away".

Nor did anyone claim it's "offensive".

Nor does it have jack squat to do with guns or pumping gas.

Learn to read.

This again?

/thread

There's no reference in any iteration of the story to politics at all. None. Zero.

Nor is it a "ban"...

Learn to read.

Oh yea super moron that all through the conservative red states they ban pumping your own gas and give you a felony for a gun in your car and ban Halloween celebrations in school.

Dude you are just pathetic...

This again?

/thread

Nor is it a "ban"...

Learn to read.

Oh yea super moron that all through the conservative red states they ban pumping your own gas and give you a felony for a gun in your car and ban Halloween celebrations in school.

Yuh huh. Because what sort of social activities a school sets up is directly related to their state's fucking automotive laws.

What a maroon. :cuckoo:

This again?

/thread

Nor is it a "ban"...

Learn to read.

Yuh huh. Because what sort of social activities a school sets up is directly related to their state's fucking automotive laws.

I suggest you never become a detective or private eye...

Because your reasoning skills and common sense is off the charts non existent...what do they call you in real life?

Goober?

This again?

/thread

Nor is it a "ban"...

Learn to read.

Because your reasoning skills and common sense is off the charts non existent...what do they call you in real life?

Goober?
I'd suggest you don't apply for any detective jobs yourself as you've already broken a basic principle of detective work, loss of objectivity.
And seeing"evidence"where there is none.
Political bias has no place in detection.

Nor is it a "ban"...

Learn to read.

Goober?
I'd suggest you don't apply for any detective jobs yourself as you've already broken a basic principle of detective work, loss of objectivity.

Breaking out your sock pogo?

Nor is it a "ban"...

Learn to read.

Goober?

Breaking out your sock pogo?
The sock ploy again!

This again?

/thread

Whatever else it is, it's the work of small government at the local level.

This again?

/thread

I have to agree, some of the dumbest people on the planet are local officials.

Trick nor treat: Why a New Jersey school gave up Halloween

There are a handful of religions that don’t recognize Halloween, including some sects of Christianity, Jehovah's Witnesses, Muslims, and Orthodox Jews. But religious diversity was not the culprit of canceling Halloween, Riekenberg writes.

“Diversity did not lead to the decision not to have a Halloween parade in school. Unity led to this decision – everyone counts, or nobody counts.”

In the school district where I live, kids are allowed to wear Halloween costumes to school, but they are not allowed any witch or devil costumes, or anything which the local Christians perceive as demonic.

Quite a few of the Christian churches here have parties on Halloween so the congregation can bring their kids there instead of going trick or treating.

This again?

/thread

It's dumb that they attribute it to a diversity problem. Attribute it to being non-educational and not worth losing a school day. Move it to a Saturday or do it as an after-school event.

This again?

/thread

It's dumb that they attribute it to a diversity problem. Attribute it to being non-educational and not worth losing a school day. Move it to a Saturday or do it as an after-school event.

Go deeper, I attribute it to humans desire to have a fiefdom to rule. Home Owners Associations are probably the best worst example.

This again?

/thread

Good gawd non educational?

Seriously?

More liberal progressive lunacy

Liberal?

Hey. Ask yourself just who would complain about holloween? The answer is.....right wing religious freaks .

And why the fuck are they celebrating Holloween at school? They should be teaching kids . Holloween is for home .

Liberal?

Hey. Ask yourself just who would complain about holloween? The answer is.....right wing religious freaks .

And why the fuck are they celebrating Holloween at school? They should be teaching kids . Holloween is for home .
Yes liberal ya tool. It was canceled because of "diversity"
That subject is solely owned by the left.

Liberal?

Yes liberal ya tool. It was canceled because of "diversity"
That subject is solely owned by the left.

Kids were being "left out" . Meaning the Jesus freak kids WERENT allowed to play . Schools are totally reactionary . I'm sure righty God freaks were calling to complain.

Forum List

Back