New Jersey School Bans Halloween For 'Diversity' Reasons

More liberal progressive lunacy

Liberal?

Hey. Ask yourself just who would complain about holloween? The answer is.....right wing religious freaks .

And why the fuck are they celebrating Holloween at school? They should be teaching kids . Holloween is for home .
Yes liberal ya tool. It was canceled because of "diversity"
That subject is solely owned by the left.

Kids were being "left out" . Meaning the Jesus freak kids WERENT allowed to play . Schools are totally reactionary . I'm sure righty God freaks were calling to complain.
I'm sure you're completely missing the point. No surprise

Seth Boyden Elementary School in Maplewood held annual Halloween activities including a student parade, but now the pressures of diversity mean these activities are no longer appropriate, school officials say.

“One of the strengths of Seth Boyden is that we are such a diverse community, with many cultures represented, and that we truly value each one,” Seth Boyden principal Mark Quiles and two Parent-Teacher Association (PTA) leaders said in a joint message to parents. “In the past, in-school celebrations of Halloween have made many of our students feel left out … [and as] a result, after careful consultation and deliberation, we have decided not to hold in-school Halloween activities.”

New Jersey School Bans Halloween For ‘Diversity’ Reasons

So, to the left wing morons, since 20% of the kids did not participate they want to take Halloween away from the 80% that do.

I am pretty sure they would allow a boy to dress like a girl and a girl to dress like a boy though, especially if 20% Christians are offended by that.

Yeah, just thought you needed another reason to hate liberals more today than you did yesterday.

Wouldn't the 'diversity reponse' be telling the people with a bug up their bums about it to suck it up and let other people do their thing and they can do a deep knee bend and pray against it? :)

GOD DAM THESE PC LIBERALS FOR RESPECTING THE BELIEFS OF BORN AGAIN CHRISITANS. (and Jews Jehovahs witinesses some muslims and jews) There's war on religion in this godless secular country that is going to bring the WRATH of the ALMIGHTY upon us all.

There are a handful of religions that don’t recognize Halloween, including some sects of Christianity, Jehovah's Witnesses, Muslims, and Orthodox Jews. But religious diversity was not the culprit of canceling Halloween, Riekenberg writes.

“Diversity did not lead to the decision not to have a Halloween parade in school. Unity led to this decision – everyone counts, or nobody counts.”

Trick nor treat: Why a New Jersey school gave up Halloween

This again?

Some other clown brought this up a couple of days ago. In that one he said "liberals" did it. This time it says "left wing" --- and then as a bonus track, "liberals" at the end. Even though neither linked story mentions any such thing, or any kind of politics at all.

And btw, deciding not to hold events or as your own link says, simply not planning them in the first place, is not what "ban" means. A school still gets to decide what its extracurricular activities are -- not you. That's not a "ban".

I had dinner tonight. I decided to have fish, not spaghetti. Did I 'ban' spaghetti?

Moreover nobody said anything about it being "offensive".

/thread

Lets put 2 and 2 together dip shit...

The state is New Jersey, ya know the state where it is illegal to pump your own gas, the state where you can get a felony if you have a gun in your car...

So you going to sit back super moron and say this is not the work of the PC police liberals?

Whatever else it is, it's the work of small government at the local level.

I have to agree, some of the dumbest people on the planet are local officials.

It's dumb that they attribute it to a diversity problem. Attribute it to being non-educational and not worth losing a school day. Move it to a Saturday or do it as an after-school event.

Good gawd non educational?

Seriously?

Yes, idiot.

The state is New Jersey, ya know the state where it is illegal to pump your own gas, the state where you can get a felony if you have a gun in your car...

So you going to sit back super moron and say this is not the work of the PC police liberals?

It's dumb that they attribute it to a diversity problem. Attribute it to being non-educational and not worth losing a school day. Move it to a Saturday or do it as an after-school event.

Seriously?

Yes, idiot.
Interesting. You made me think back, and it's been a loonnnng time, but I never wore a Halloween costume to school. I'm sure I didn't learn anything if I was going trickertreating that night ....lol

And my kid who's in college never wore a Halloween costume when she was a kid. I remember in kindergarten they had a "fairy tale teaparty," and they all dressed as penguins once, and they dressed up for thanksgiving, but all that was curriculum related.

Seriously?

Yes, idiot.

You don't get it do you retarded dumb ass moron ?
( since you piece of crap liberal just want to hurl insults instead of FUCKING think )

Seriously?

Yes, idiot.
Interesting. You made me think back, and it's been a loonnnng time, but I never wore a Halloween costume to school. I'm sure I didn't learn anything if I was going trickertreating that night ....lol

And my kid who's in college never wore a Halloween costume when she was a kid. I remember in kindergarten they had a "fairy tale teaparty," and they all dressed as penguins once, and they dressed up for thanksgiving, but all that was curriculum related.

The war on Halloween propaganda has begun.

Seriously?

Yes, idiot.

( since you piece of crap liberal just want to hurl insults instead of FUCKING think )

Tell us what's educational about a school day devoted to Halloween.

Seth Boyden Elementary School in Maplewood held annual Halloween activities including a student parade, but now the pressures of diversity mean these activities are no longer appropriate, school officials say.

“One of the strengths of Seth Boyden is that we are such a diverse community, with many cultures represented, and that we truly value each one,” Seth Boyden principal Mark Quiles and two Parent-Teacher Association (PTA) leaders said in a joint message to parents. “In the past, in-school celebrations of Halloween have made many of our students feel left out … [and as] a result, after careful consultation and deliberation, we have decided not to hold in-school Halloween activities.”

So, to the left wing morons, since 20% of the kids did not participate they want to take Halloween away from the 80% that do.

I am pretty sure they would allow a boy to dress like a girl and a girl to dress like a boy though, especially if 20% Christians are offended by that.

Yeah, just thought you needed another reason to hate liberals more today than you did yesterday.

hmmm go figure... I thought you'd like that they accommodated Christians who think Halloween is satanic.

Seriously?

Yes, idiot.

Tell us what's educational about a school day devoted to Halloween.

Nothing, but why do liberals suck the fun out of everything?

Wouldn't the 'diversity reponse' be telling the people with a bug up their bums about it to suck it up and let other people do their thing and they can do a deep knee bend and pray against it? :)
You would think but sadly that is not the case.

"Diversity" usually means that whoever is in the majority - in this case those that enjoy Halloween - needs to be quiet and pretend that they do not exist while minority groups - in this case those that cant handle other people having fun - run the show. This is asinine. We are talking about kids. One of the wonderful things about being a kid is that you get to do all kinds of silly shit that is just plain fun and IMHO that helps create far more balanced and productive adults. Idiotic to limit Halloween at a school because there are a few naysayers that don't like this particular AMERICAN holiday.

Halloween is ingrained and part of the American culture just as much as Christmas.

Ah. I think you have just found the narrative.

A War on Halloween™: Because the bastards weren't happy enough just warring on Christmas!

(cue doom music)

"They'll be coming for your candy valentine hearts next, America!"

So a school district has officially forbidden or prevented October 31 from occurring?
A school has pulled Halloween activities without any real reason. It is silly.
I would say the kids are there to learn. Parading through the halls in costumes while eating candy doesn't sound like an efficient use of tax dollars. Celebrate on your own dime me thinks.

Ah. I think you have just found the narrative.

A War on Halloween™: Because the bastards weren't happy enough just warring on Christmas!

(cue doom music)

"They'll be coming for your candy valentine hearts next, America!"
But I LIKE the war on Christmas! These Kim Davis types who think the son of God was really immactually conceived by some Jewess who was then succored by shepherds inspired by angels, and three wise men bearing gifts and a bunch of animals in a manger. I mean JFC. It's a GD secular holiday calling on us to CONSUME for the greater good of the economy. Lock Davis in a dungeon and be done with her "oh God has forgiven me" fat ass.

I WANT to make the little spawn of Davis CRY at having to leave the classroom while their secular neighbors Halloween party down!

So a school district has officially forbidden or prevented October 31 from occurring?
A school has pulled Halloween activities without any real reason. It is silly.
I would say the kids are there to learn. Parading through the halls in costumes while eating candy doesn't sound like an efficient use of tax dollars. Celebrate on your own dime me thinks.
Kids are there to be kids.

Don't like holidays celebrated and recognized across the entire nation - deal with it methinks. I don't care if it sounds like an efficient use of tax dollars to you - the government never did anything efficient anyway. Schools do more than simply teach and making school a fun and interesting place to actually be does FAR more for education than a curricula that is focused solely on teaching. Kids have to WANT to learn or they learn nothing.

Forum List

Back