New F150 electric vs GM 6.2L V-8

TNHarley

Diamond Member
Sep 27, 2012
They were pulling a camper. The expected range of the F150 was 150 miles(calculated after considering the trailer weight) and the GM had a range of 264 miles(also considering the weight).
The F150 only made it around 80 miles. Barely made it to a charging port!
Whats even crazier is, the electric only saved 21 cents a mile of energy costs.
These electric vehicles still arent feasible for most people. They will be eventually but they are nowhere close to it yet.
Maybe they should trying to shove this shit down everyones throat? Just a suggestion.

...and this is the part that would chap my ass.

the electric F150,
after 45 minutes, was charged 74 percent; it was not fully charged due to time limits in needing to return the trailer at a point halfway back to Longmont.

You go 80 miles and then have to charge for probably an hour?

These electric cars are just set up to limit our ability to travel.

That is all they are about.

Customer of mine has a Rivian and a F Lightning parked in back. Talking to the receiver Rivian owner is satisfied while the Ford owner is selling

They were pulling a camper. The expected range of the F150 was 150 miles(calculated after considering the trailer weight) and the GM had a range of 264 miles(also considering the weight).
These electric vehicles still arent feasible for most people. They will be eventually but they are nowhere close to it yet.
Maybe they should trying to shove this shit down everyones throat? Just a suggestion.

When you say they will get there eventually, how do you think that happens? By nobody building them buying them and using them?

When you say they will get there eventually, how do you think that happens? By nobody building them buying them and using them?
The tech will advance. Charging will end up getting faster. Longer ranges etc.

Agreed. But that doesn’t happen by magic. It happens with research and development and testing. That happens with funding, funding comes from revenue, revenue comes from sales. See where this is going?

Agreed. But that doesn’t happen by magic. It happens with research and development and testing. That happens with funding, funding comes from revenue, revenue comes from sales. See where this is going?
IDK they better figure something out. Im certainly not going to spend tens of thousands on a vehicle that isnt feasible for me. Most people wont. Because its stupid.

The technology isn't there yet for light trucks even without a trailer load.

Rather, the better course of action is in discouraging the market for light trucks.

Funding also comes from investment which is generally done on potential for future revenues from sales.
If investors see a future of profits, they will place their capital there.
If not, EV's can go the way of the Betamax video player.

It seems like you are fishing for some way to come out & say we have to mandate sales for products people don't want

The technology isn't there yet for light trucks even without a trailer load.

Rather, the better course of action is in discouraging the market for light trucks.
The market for light trucks is based on need.
How do you eliminate the need for light trucks?
Are farmers, ranchers, plumbers, electricians, etc... no longer necessary?

They will have to, or else normal buyers will not buy them and use them, curtailing producers producing them by simple market effect. You can lead a horse to water, but if it is a sickly horse, and won't drink, it may die on its own, despite the best efforts to sell these horses. Maybe someday they will learn to breed a better horse.

IDK they better figure something out. Im certainly not going to spend tens of thousands on a vehicle that isnt feasible for me. Most people wont. Because its stupid.
Cool, then don’t. Nobody is forcing you to

Funding also comes from investment which is generally done on potential for future revenues from sales.
If investors see a future of profits, they will place their capital there.
If not, EV's can go the way of the Betamax video player.

It seems like you are fishing for some way to come out & say we have to mandate sales for products people don't want
Haha, no I’d never suggest mandating sales, what a silly notion.

The market for light trucks is based on need.
How do you eliminate the need for light trucks?
Are farmers, ranchers, plumbers, electricians, etc... no longer necessary?
There are several ways to eliminate the need for light trucks. But are you really interested in learning about the topic?
If you are of the opinion that there's no need, then I doubt you would be interested.

I have owned several light trucks but don't now. Any use I had for my truck is answered by some other means or solution that works. And the other means are hugely cost effective as well as serving the need of the environment.

If I still had the GMC 2500HD at today's cost of gas??
I bet I could get $300 into an empty tank.

...and this is the part that would chap my ass.

the electric F150, after 45 minutes, was charged 74 percent; it was not fully charged due to time limits in needing to return the trailer at a point halfway back to Longmont.

You go 80 miles and then have to charge for probably an hour?

These electric cars are just set up to limit our ability to travel.

That is all they are about.
Buy a hybrid.

The Mercedes-Benz VISION EQXX which, albeit not yet in production, gets 750 miles to a single charge.

That's an electric car I would consider buying...

Forum List

Back