Dems' Electric Bus Dreams Go Up in Flames, Entire Fleet Taken Off Road Amid Massive Failure

Yes, let's scurry the world for events like this for all time.;
We don't hear about all the gasoline fires because they are so common. But you keep bringing up the bizarre.
Something has to trigger a gasoline fire: but these batteries just catch on fire sitting parked. The phone in the purse. The Samsung washing machine overnight sitting in the utility room, unused, blazes up.

This situation needs work.

Because if we compared the number of fuels fed cars vs the battery ones burning up the fuel ones are less than 0.03% of the cars and the battery driven ones is nearing 3.1%... your comparison is bunk... IF you get to do the EV busses that is almost 5.3%.. Over a 5% chance of the EV blowing up with you in it... and a ZERO% chance of a gasoline car blowing up.... Got to love it...

let' s look at the percentages using real (not made up) information. I have had 2 Gas Fires under the hood in my lifetime. I know of others with less and more. Yet, I have yet to experience (not anyone around me) the blowing u p of a Battery other than a Wet Cell for transportation uses. That brings me to the poll numbers.

I took a poll ( I asked the voices in my head) and came up with 87% of all polls are wrong including this one.

Something has to trigger a gasoline fire: but these batteries just catch on fire sitting parked. The phone in the purse. The Samsung washing machine overnight sitting in the utility room, unused, blazes up.

This situation needs work.

Leaking fuel under the hood. Doesn't do it all the time but enough.

Leaking fuel under the hood. Doesn't do it all the time but enough.
Not nearly as often with gasoline fires as these battery problems!! A whole cargo ship full of electric high-end cars went up?? Darn.

What's the magic number?

How many people have to be killed in electric bus fires before the left will comprehend the danger and ban them?

Until it reaches close to those that died inside a burning gas vehicle.

Not nearly as often with gasoline fires as these battery problems!! A whole cargo ship full of electric high-end cars went up?? Darn.

Just keep making things up as you go. It's humorous.,

The way EVs are done today required then to have a cooling system for the batteries. The way to get that is to have a pump, radiator and a heat exchanger. The Leaf was produced without a cooling system on the batteries and did burst into flames or the trip just got shorter and shorter., Battery Packs that are mistreated can malfunction to include bursting into flames. And there are very few Leafs left on the road. What you have told me is that they didn't have a battery cooling system on the buses batteries and the batteries finally malfunction.
That was very well said. Unfortunately I don't believe what he told you is that they didn't have a battery cooling system on the buses' batteries. He was silent on the subject. It's hard to determine the cause of these fires as the batteries end up being consumed.

There are many more fires on petro fueled busses than EV Busses. This example was caused by a Lead Acid battery malfunction.
I'm pretty sure the jury's still out on that comparison. First of there's an enormous disparity in numbers to make a statistically valid comparison. Secondly, the nature of battery fires has a unique risk on parking structures that ICE vehicles don't have.

let' s look at the percentages using real (not made up) information. I have had 2 Gas Fires under the hood in my lifetime. I know of others with less and more. Yet, I have yet to experience (not anyone around me) the blowing u p of a Battery other than a Wet Cell for transportation uses. That brings me to the poll numbers.

I took a poll ( I asked the voices in my head) and came up with 87% of all polls are wrong including this one.
You must have bad luck, I've haven't had any.

GREAT NEWS!!!!
EV manufacturers experiencing massive failures in battery technology are reducing production due to liabilities and lack of products which are safe... THis one is going to hurt... 50% reductions in manufacturing of EV's...

Did you even read the article you provided? Lucid is not cutting back production due to battery failures. Your first statement is a flat out LIE.

1660021665777.png

Forum List

Back