Solar Panels Useless above 85 Degree F.

I'm really sorry, but I'm already married for many years. This is just an obsession you've got and its not a healthy one. Ask whoever's acting as your guardian if you could go out someplace where you can meet other people, face to face. I don't think the internet is where you need to be.
Another admission of your failure to answer basic questions. It is really pissing crick off, acting as if I want to marry an old useless man suffering the beginning stages of dementia that can not answer simple questions.

We know crick went to google and came up with nothing, hence the lame insult

Well, isn't this special...

Researchers in England tested five major brands of PV panels and found that they lose 0.35% of their output for each one degree C rise above 77 degrees F. When you consider that these panels only output around 70% of rated value anyway, even in direct sunlight, once you reach about 85degrees F the logarithmic loss becomes very problematic. Many of our solar fields are in desert regions where temperatures generally climb into the 100's daily, meaning they are pretty much a waste of resources to place them there. Your roof top is no different and generally reaches 120 deg F daily. Now these solar panels are clogging up landfills...

This is a stupid lie. Solar is very, very effective in Saudi Arabia.

Yes it is. The publisher of the article linked in the OP put out a correction stating that the headline was incorrect and that panels were still usable at higher temperatures. I came across some data along these lines that and stupidly posted it in this long dead thread. Mea culpa, mea culpa

You guys have to learn how to Shut up the TROLL Elektra.
Here's how I did it on the last page.

You need a link to prove that the largest heavy industry in the world, the renewables heaby industry uses the most fossil fuel?

It is common sense. The largest things, the most things being built use the most fossil fuel.

A once in every 20 year effort? Solar Panels are being built every day, forever. 24 hours a day.

Infinetely? Now that is bullshit.

Solar panels are inefficient and expensive. If abu afk knew how much they cost I would not have to educate him/her/crick
Again you are both Dishonest and Blazingly Stupid.
You have NO backing for your claim.
No matter....
Worse..You have a 12 IQ.

Yes a factory can keep turning out solar panels. (maybe 50,000-100,000 a year) which will EACH provide electric power for 20 years.
ERGO: Much more power Produced by EACH than the tiny power used to make them.
So that eventually we will need Less Fossil plants as they are replacing themselves with more efficient solar ones.
And that is indeed what's happening as Solar and Wind are a Higher Percent of total generation Every year.

(You are SO STUPID I HAVE TO GO PAINFULLY SLOW/Repeat)

But each one they turn out (say in a week or two) that Panel has a productive life of 20 years, and EACH ONE will produce 20 years of power which is INFINITELY more power that was put into it.

You are Severely Mentally Impaired and need help.

`

You guys have to learn how to Shut up the TROLL Elektra.
Here's how I did it on the last page.

Again you are both Dishonest and Blazingly Stupid.
You have NO backing for your claim.
No matter....
Worse..You have a 12 IQ.

Yes a factory can keep turning out solar panels. (maybe 50,000-100,000 a year) which will EACH provide electric power for 20 years.
ERGO: Much more power Produced by EACH than the tiny power used to make them.
So that eventually we will need Less Fossil plants as they are replacing themselves with more efficient solar ones.
And that is indeed what's happening as Solar and Wind are a Higher Percent of total generation Every year.

(You are SO STUPID I HAVE TO GO PAINFULLY SLOW/Repeat)

But each one they turn out (say in a week or two) that Panel has a productive life of 20 years, and EACH ONE will produce 20 years of power which is INFINITELY more power that was put into it.

You are Severely Mentally Impaired and need help.

`
Hahaha

You are so delusional.

...Less Fossil plants as they are replacing themselves with more efficient solar ones.
Solar plants are not efficient and only work 25% of a good day! Solar does not reace anything. No amount of solar panels replace anything.

Yes a factory can keep turning out solar panels. (maybe 50,000-100,000 a year)

Yes, abu afk/cricket, again you prove you are as dumb as they get. The plan is to manufacture 200,000,000 million a year.

The renewable heavy industry is the largest industrial project on earth.

It is renewables heavy industry factories that will have to produce 100's of millions of solar panels, just for the USA.

Much more power? Solar panels are weak and inefficient.

The fact that you think it is one factory making a few panels proves you have yet to grasp what is goin on.

Last edited:
Solar plants are not efficient and only work 25% of a good day!
Do you have some evidence to support that claim? Let's see what we can find. Hmm...
This says you are wrong.
Solar does not reace anything. No amount of solar panels replace anything.
Denial is not a rational response.
Yes, abu afk/cricket, again you prove you are as dumb as they get. The plan is to manufacture 200,000,000 million a year.
200,000,000 million or 200,000,000,000,000 or 200 trillion solar panels? At 325 W each that would be 65 quadrillion watts. That is roughly 3 times the Earth's current total power consumption. And since no one is trying to power the entire planet with solar panels, it's a bit of overkill.
The renewable heavy industry is the largest industrial project on earth.
I'm beginning to think you need to talk to someone about this. Priest. Doctor. Parent.
It is renewables heavy industry factories that will have to produce 100's of millions of solar panels, just for the USA.
No, it won't.
Much more power? Solar panels are weak and inefficient.

The fact that you think it is one factory making a few panels proves you have yet to grasp what is goin on.
Someone's grasp around here is getting a little shaky.

Do you have some evidence to support that claim? Let's see what we can find. Hmm...

Crick answers the comment made in reply to abu afk as if the comment was directed at crick?

Abu/crick seem to be the same user.

Read your link, as I stated, 25%, no more. The link proves my statement was fact. Thank you

200,000,000,000,000 or 200 trillion solar panels?

yes, I agree, someones grasp is shaky

200 trillion is 200,000,000,000,000

Crick/abu grasp of numbers is beyond shaky. If crick/abu does not grasp simple numbers how does crick/abu grasp any of the technical details of solar

yes, I agree, someones grasp is shaky

200 trillion is 200,000,000,000,000

Crick/abu grasp of numbers is beyond shaky. If crick/abu does not grasp simple numbers how does crick/abu grasp any of the technical details of solar
You wrote the exact same number I did.

Which part of that post?

This says you are wrong.
So they factor in when the sun doesn’t shine?

Seems to me that they should take the total electricity produced during a 24 hour period and divide that by the rated capacity of the PV cells.

Solar is inherently unreliable because it can’t produce electricity 24/7/365.

Only because they over built. Temps above 100 degrees create a 30% loss or more in most photovoltaic panels. You could cover the whole earth with them, and it still would not provide enough power to power our industries.

Only because they over built. Temps above 100 degrees create a 30% loss or more in most photovoltaic panels. You could cover the whole earth with them, and it still would not provide enough power to power our industries.

They also work very well in Houston. Here in Atlanta solar is popping up on large office buildings and office parks.

Forum List

Back