Dems' Electric Bus Dreams Go Up in Flames, Entire Fleet Taken Off Road Amid Massive Failure

Billy_Bob

Diamond Member
Sep 4, 2014
Top Of The Great Divide
:auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg:

"An entire fleet of electric buses in Connecticut is being pulled off the road.

Various Democratic lawmakers in the state promoted the fleet as a step forward in green energy.

However, on Saturday, those green energy plans went up in flames, literally."

You have got to feel sorry for these idiots and every other idiot that bought the GREEN NEW SHAM WOW.... These massive battery banks are prone to flaming out just sitting in the yard. As they are very hard to contain when burning they have pulled all of the busses from use.

“The importance of rider safety is demonstrated by taking these buses out of service and ensuring a thorough investigation is completed prior to any redeployment of the fleet,” CT transit spokesperson Josh Rickman said.

“We have deployed diesel buses to make sure people get to where they need to be.”

:auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg:

ROFLMAO.... you can't make this shit up... Talk about not ready for PRIME TIME....

nelson.jpg

Various Democratic lawmakers in the state promoted the fleet as a step forward in green energy.

You have got to feel sorry for these idiots and every other idiot that bought the GREEN NEW SHAM WOW.... These massive battery banks are prone to flaming out just sitting in the yard. As they are very hard to contain when burning they have pulled all of the busses from use.

Let me guess, they didn't have radiators and cooling fans. You don't build it right it will bite you the behind.

Let me guess, they didn't have radiators and cooling fans. You don't build it right it will bite you the behind.
This was a battery-operated bus. There are no "radiators" in the lithium batteries. In fact, the bus wasn't even in use. The batteries internally shorted out from the looks of it, which means the batteries are UNSAFE. Can you imagine if that bus had been under load and blew up into flames? You cannot escape that kind of explosive fire ball.

What happens when government attempts to pick winners. They usually pick losers.

There is NOTHING green about EVs, NOTHING.

Could you be more stupid? They don't need radiators. Fans, maybe, maybe not. But you assume that's why it burned. In reality you have no idea, you just spew dumb.

I wonder how the EPA can dictate that no diesel busses may be bought after 2023? I believe that violates several Constitutional amendments. We need to disband the EPA... it is a lawless pile of shit.

EVs shit where they eat.

Not really.
The problem is these things are built for political propaganda, not for everyday use as the internal combustion engine is.

There are no safety mechinisms on these vehicles that control the extreme heat and electrical charges that these EV batteries build up. There are no cooling systems on, in, or around the batteries to keep them from exploding from excessive heat and electical buildup.

These things might be fine in winter, but in normal and extreme heat weather, they are ticking timebombs.

This was a battery-operated bus. There are no "radiators" in the lithium batteries. In fact, the bus wasn't even in use. The batteries internally shorted out from the looks of it, which means the batteries are UNSAFE. Can you imagine if that bus had been under load and blew up into flames? You cannot escape that kind of explosive fire ball.

The way EVs are done today required then to have a cooling system for the batteries. The way to get that is to have a pump, radiator and a heat exchanger. The Leaf was produced without a cooling system on the batteries and did burst into flames or the trip just got shorter and shorter., Battery Packs that are mistreated can malfunction to include bursting into flames. And there are very few Leafs left on the road. What you have told me is that they didn't have a battery cooling system on the buses batteries and the batteries finally malfunction.

Not really.
The problem is these things are built for political propaganda, not for everyday use as the internal combustion engine is.

There are no safety mechinisms on these vehicles that control the extreme heat and electrical charges that these EV batteries build up. There are no cooling systems on, in, or around the batteries to keep them from exploding from excessive heat and electical buildup.

These things might be fine in winter, but in normal and extreme heat weather, they are ticking timebombs.

Tesla uses a coolant called G48. It is an ethylene glycol-based coolant. The original Toyota Leaf didn't use a cooling system on their batteries. More than one was left to burn on the side of a road because the batteries exploded. The new Leaf usings a cooling system on the batteries. EVs are not at least as safe as their ICE counterparts. But they had to go through a teething period much like the ICE did at the turn of the 20th century.

The way EVs are done today required then to have a cooling system for the batteries. The way to get that is to have a pump, radiator and a heat exchanger. The Leaf was produced without a cooling system on the batteries and did burst into flames or the trip just got shorter and shorter., Battery Packs that are mistreated can malfunction to include bursting into flames. And there are very few Leafs left on the road. What you have told me is that they didn't have a battery cooling system on the buses batteries and the batteries finally malfunction.
This bus was sitting in the yard and was under NO LOAD. This means even if it had cooling ability, it would not have stopped this explosion and catastrophic failure.

This bus was sitting in the yard and was under NO LOAD. This means even if it had cooling ability, it would not have stopped this explosion and catastrophic failure.

Running the bus without proper cooling damages the batteries and it can be sitting when the battery finally finishes it's chemical process to heat up. I had a phone start overheating and had to replace the battery fast. Had I allowed the phone battery to get out of hand, I don't think I wanted to butt dial with it.

The battery was damaged due to allowing it to experience overheating too many times hence, the chemical malfunction. And it WAS in use but the driver had the wherewithal to get every one evacuated before it went from smoking to flaming. The fact is, it's all over the internet showing about every view from every direction. This happened in Paris France. And it's very, very rare. How many gasoline buses go up in flames.

Battery Explodes on Electric Bus Causing It to Burst Into Flames Updated July 2022 - Imageholder.org.

There are many more fires on petro fueled busses than EV Busses. This example was caused by a Lead Acid battery malfunction.
Battery malfunction caused bus fire

Connecticut Transit has a total of 12 electric buses. The fire, which took place in their maintenance yard, was the first bus fire Ct Transit has suffered. The buses were purchased at the first of the year. The remaining buses have been taken offline pending the outcome of the investigation of the cause of the fire. Electric buses have significant advantages over diesel powered units in terms of energy consumption, pollution and operating costs. There has been NO move away from them and more and more communities are purchasing electric vehicles for mass transit and utility vehicles.

As has been pointed out here repeatedly and supported by multiple studies, petroleum fueled vehicles suffer fires at orders of magnitude greater rates than EVs.

Running the bus without proper cooling damages the batteries and it can be sitting when the battery finally finishes it's chemical process to heat up. I had a phone start overheating and had to replace the battery fast. Had I allowed the phone battery to get out of hand, I don't think I wanted to butt dial with it.

The battery was damaged due to allowing it to experience overheating too many times hence, the chemical malfunction. And it WAS in use but the driver had the wherewithal to get every one evacuated before it went from smoking to flaming. The fact is, it's all over the internet showing about every view from every direction. This happened in Paris France. And it's very, very rare. How many gasoline buses go up in flames.

Battery Explodes on Electric Bus Causing It to Burst Into Flames Updated July 2022 - Imageholder.org.

There are many more fires on petro fueled busses than EV Busses. This example was caused by a Lead Acid battery malfunction.
Battery malfunction caused bus fire
These were brand new busses, in operation less than 30 days..

Tesla uses a coolant called G48. It is an ethylene glycol-based coolant. The original Toyota Leaf didn't use a cooling system on their batteries. More than one was left to burn on the side of a road because the batteries exploded. The new Leaf usings a cooling system on the batteries. EVs are not at least as safe as their ICE counterparts. But they had to go through a teething period much like the ICE did at the turn of the 20th century.

Nissan makes the Leaf, not Toyota.

So if Tesla uses a coolant, WHY are they catching on fire and burning?

Forum List

Back