Netanyahu's one direct quote from the Bible: Deuteronomy 31:6

B_MdNzDU0AAc42E.jpg

In Netanyahu's speech to the joint session of Congress Prime Minister Netanyahu in closing gave one direct quote from the Bible, Torah perhaps:
Deuteronomy 31:6 Be strong and resolute, neither fear nor dread them.
(As Netanyahu phrased it.)

I am no Biblical scholar. Of all the verses of the Bible, Torah, why this one? Thoughts?

It was how Moses encouraged the Hebrews to go commit genocide.
It was the commandment of God.

As with all "revelation," it was 100% hearsay. Of course to oppose it would have been called heresy. Religion always relies on asymmetrical warfare of that sort, so they can have their cake AND eat it too.

In Netanyahu's speech to the joint session of Congress Prime Minister Netanyahu in closing gave one direct quote from the Bible, Torah perhaps:

I am no Biblical scholar. Of all the verses of the Bible, Torah, why this one? Thoughts?

As with all "revelation," it was 100% hearsay. Of course to oppose it would have been called heresy. Religion always relies on asymmetrical warfare of that sort, so they can have their cake AND eat it too.
Yes, Moses did speak what he heard. Except he heard it from God.

Disgraceful to hear Benjamin Netanyahu quoting the Moses myth to induce support for his political agenda.

We can pick up at Deut. 31: 14 later - God willing. Have a nice afternoon.

Sorry, I didn't finish this last night, Random. To compete the 31st chapter of Deuteronomy - we begin with verse 14:

And the LORD said unto Moses, Behold, thy days approach that thou must die: call Joshua, and present yourselves in the tabernacle of the congregation, that I may give him a charge.

And Moses and Joshua went, and presented themselves in the tabernacle of the congregation.

And the LORD appeared in the tabernacle in the a pillar of a cloud: and the pillar of the cloud stood over the door of the tabernacle.

And the LORD said unto Moses, Behold, thou shalt sleep with thy fathers; and this people will rise up, and go a whoring after other gods of the strangers of the land, whither they go to be among them, and will forsake me, and break my covenant which I made with them.

Then my anger shall be kindled against them in that day, and I will forsake them, and I will hide my face from them, and they shall be devoured, and many evils and troubles shall befall them; so that they will say in that day,
Are not these evils come upon us, because our God is not among us? And I will surely hide my face in that day for all the evils which they have wrought, in that they are turned unto other gods.

Now therefore write ye this song for you, and teach it the children of Israel: put it in their mouths, that this song may be a witness for me against the children of Israel.

For when I shall have brought them into the land which I sware unto their fathers, that floweth with milk and honey; and they shall have eaten and filled themeselves and waxen fat; then will they turn unto other gods, and serve them, and provoke me, and break my covenant. And it shall come to pass when many evils and troubles are befallen them, that this song shall testify against them as a witness; for it shall not be forgotten out of the mouths of their seed: for I know their imagination which they go about, even now, before I have brought them into the land which I sware. Moses therefore wrote this song the same day, and taught it to the children of Israel. And he gave it to Joshua the son of Nun a charge, and said, Be strong and of good courage: for thou shalt bring the children of Israel into the land which I sware unto them: and will be with thee.

And it came to pass, when Moses had made an end of writing the words of this law in a book, until they were finished. That Moses commanded the Levites, which bare the ark of the covenant of the LORD, saying,

Take this book of the law, and put it in the side of the ark of the covenant of the LORD your God, that it may be there for a witness against thee.

For I know thy rebellion and thy stiff neck: Behold, while I am yet alive with you this day, ye have been rebellious against the LORD; and how much more after my death?

Gather unto me all the elders of your tribes, and your officers, that I may speak these words in their ears, and call heaven and earth to record against them.

For I know that after my death ye will utterly corrupt yourselves, and turn aside from the way which I have commanded you: and evil will befall you in the latter days; because you will do evil in the sight of the LORD to provoke him to anger through the work of your hands.

And Moses spake in the ears of all the congregation of Israel the words of this song, until they were ended.

Deuteronomy 31:14-30

Disgraceful to hear Benjamin Netanyahu quoting the Moses myth to induce support for his political agenda.

What is disgraceful is your lack of reverence for God and His prophets, Ozman.

This thread is not about God Jeremiah, it is about a political leader introducing religious zeal for political gain in the representative chamber of a foreign country.

Hearsay.

Hearsay.

Prove it.

Furthermore, give us the motive for why Moses recorded all and not part of the testimony - why Moses left nothing out. In fact, explain why the scribes who faithfully recorded every single word never removed any of the testimony in order to "save face". This is true of all the prophets, of all the testimonies, there is not a single incident of removing anything from the record. It is all there as if they were held accountable to some higher authority that they would not dare have changed a single letter. Who could that possibly have been? It was God. That is who it was. They feared the LORD. They obeyed the LORD and wrote ALL that was told to them to record. ALL that was told to them to speak to the people, to deliver. Leaving nothing out. Nothing.

They did not leave out their own failures, their own disobedience, their own fall into sin, they did not leave out their repentance, God's rebuking them, restoring them, the good that was done - the bad that was done - it is all there. One would think that if this were a fairy tale the Jews came up with they would have left out anything that put them in a bad light! But they didn't. So where is the motive for that? There is only one - The Jews feared the LORD and obeyed Him in recording everything, leaving nothing out.

You cannot prove otherwise so your motive for hearsay does not exist. You don't have a motive. And if you do not have one? Then you must admit that it is not a myth at all - it is not hearsay at all - it is the actual inspired Word of God written precisely as He would have it recorded. As it was recorded.

You have nothing but your own rebellion to sort out, Agit8r. Where is that located? In your own heart.

Last edited:

This thread is not about God Jeremiah, it is about a political leader introducing religious zeal for political gain in the representative chamber of a foreign country.

This thread is all about God - and this forum is all about God. In fact, everything is all about God! God is Jesus Christ and your own tongue is going to confess that one day and your own knee is going to bow down to him one day. Even if you decide to make hell your home. You're still going to do it, Ozman.

This thread is all about God - and this forum is all about God. In fact, everything is all about God! God is Jesus Christ and your own tongue is going to confess that one day and your own knee is going to bow down to him one day. Even if you decide to make hell your home. You're still going to do it, Ozman.

Your evangelical threats are becoming tiresome Jeremiah.

What threats? I'm quoting the bible, Ozman. Not myself. If you do not want to hear the Gospel find another forum. This is the religion forum.

It is written:

For it is written, As I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God.
Romans 14:11

and again it is written:

And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.
Philippians 2:11

The one who people on this board call "the force" is going to get on his knee and bow down to my God. His tongue is going to confess that Jesus Christ is LORD! That day is coming.

Last edited:

Your evangelical threats are becoming tiresome Jeremiah.
Threats?

You cannot prove otherwise so your motive for hearsay does not exist. You don't have a motive.

He had the same motives as Mohammed had.

Moses had the same motive as Mohammad had? Moses was the meekest man to ever walk the earth!! Mohammad was full of pride and thin skinned - if anyone made the slightest insult against him his heart was filled with murder and wrath. He had a Jew murdered over a poem written about him! Moses? He was so focused on the LORD he seems to have not even noticed when others spoke against him! He had a heart full of mercy. There is simply no comparison.

Moses was a godly man, a prophet of the LORD and today he is in heaven. Mohammad was a wicked man, a false prophet and today he is in hell. That is not hearsay. That is a fact.

What threats? I'm quoting the bible, Ozman. Not myself. If you do not want to hear the Gospel find another forum. This is the religion forum.

You are right Jeremiah, this is religion forum, it is not your personal Protestant church where you are the resident minister. I do not come here to be preached to, so keep your condemnations of hell to yourself.

You cannot prove otherwise so your motive for hearsay does not exist. You don't have a motive.

He had the same motives as Mohammed had.

Moses had the same motive as Mohammad had? Moses was the meekest man to ever walk the earth!! Mohammad was full of pride and thin skinned - if anyone made the slightest insult against him his heart was filled with murder and wrath. He had a Jew murdered over a poem written about him! Moses? He was so focused on the LORD he seems to have not even noticed when others spoke against him! He had a heart full of mercy. There is simply no comparison.

Moses was a godly man, a prophet of the LORD and today he is in heaven. Mohammad was a wicked man, a false prophet and today he is in hell. That is not hearsay. That is a fact.
I wouldn't say Moses was meek. He was very humble.

Forum List

Back