Netanyahu's one direct quote from the Bible: Deuteronomy 31:6

In Netanyahu's speech to the joint session of Congress Prime Minister Netanyahu in closing gave one direct quote from the Bible, Torah perhaps:
Deuteronomy 31:6 Be strong and resolute, neither fear nor dread them.
(As Netanyahu phrased it.)

I am no Biblical scholar. Of all the verses of the Bible, Torah, why this one? Thoughts?

That entire anti-America debacle was geared toward manipulating the US to do what they won't do themselves. Netanyalhu doesn't want dead Israelis or the debt that comes with war so he made a deal with the Republicans to do it for him. Republicans want another ground war which would not solve the problem but would benefit the war profiteers. Ignorant RWs will blindly follow anything that they think will weaken the US or make the US look bad.

We are an ally of Israel but they are not acting like an ally of the US.

Republicans consistently prove they are anything BUT an ally of the US.

As mentioned in the Bible God destroyed the before the congregation not for the congregation's sake but for the wickedness the peoples had done. God does not pervert judgement.

People use the BIble to twist and pervert what God does all the time. That a head of state with nuclear weapons is quoting a genocidal verse isn't comforting.
You seem all over the place. You believe in god?

Not in any of our religious versions of it no. I think it's possible something we'd call gods exist, but see no evidence of them as yet.
"think it's possible"? Does that count as agnostic or are you on the fence about being on the fence? "I'll believe it when I see it" I would call that atheist.

I was reading Job last night and thought about you. There is a wonderful message I was reading from Chapter 22 through Chapter 25.

You know I was told a story many years ago, Random, in days of kings and queens - in the middle east - that they use to crush certain worms and the blood from the worm was a special dye used to give the brilliant color of the kings robes. I see Jesus in Chapter 25. Do you see him? You know, I was thinking just now - I do not know of a book in the bible that I have read where I did not see Jesus in that book! Every book is about Him! From Genesis to Revelation! Is it not amazing that once Christ is revealed to you - that you see him everywhere? What kind of blessing is it to be able to read the Word of God freely? Truly it is a blessing.
I imagine it has been said more that once of me, "Now let's pray for Random." :biggrin:

Honestly, I can not really get past chapter 19 before it all becomes a jumble of odds and ends with no clear meaning in any sense. Even after dozens of readings I am still not sure what the book of Job is all about.

In Netanyahu's speech to the joint session of Congress Prime Minister Netanyahu in closing gave one direct quote from the Bible, Torah perhaps:

I am no Biblical scholar. Of all the verses of the Bible, Torah, why this one? Thoughts?

It was how Moses encouraged the Hebrews to go commit genocide.
wow, theres a bit of painful truth. The ones who first started the holy jihad for a home land their God promised them if they would only murder women and children et al... for it, are the chosen to lead us away from these holy wars for land money power oil or world domination of their fellow low life men. Is anybody else going to admit the hypocrisy and duality between isis caliphate for a religious muslim state and israels founding in all times under the power of the gun/sword/ terrorist bombings etc..... this are these too militant religions are working together to destroy the world with jihad and the christens are supplying the weapons and aiding and egging both sides on. Nenntanyahoo say iran will secretly get the bomb because israel did it and nobody could stop them? attack first methodology in secret disguises. I could go on pointing out these two "sides" to the same coin but I think we must see the irony and lessons we keep repeating and forgetting. how do we get out of the books and into heaven all us fucking lost souls? better find out quick. p.s. do you think if this world ever wakes up and rises up against the pharoahs, or whatever you call them today, they would blow most of it up to start same stupid pyramid scheme all over again? how many times around would that make it?

People use the BIble to twist and pervert what God does all the time. That a head of state with nuclear weapons is quoting a genocidal verse isn't comforting.

Not in any of our religious versions of it no. I think it's possible something we'd call gods exist, but see no evidence of them as yet.
"think it's possible"? Does that count as agnostic or are you on the fence about being on the fence? "I'll believe it when I see it" I would call that atheist.

I was reading Job last night and thought about you. There is a wonderful message I was reading from Chapter 22 through Chapter 25.

You know I was told a story many years ago, Random, in days of kings and queens - in the middle east - that they use to crush certain worms and the blood from the worm was a special dye used to give the brilliant color of the kings robes. I see Jesus in Chapter 25. Do you see him? You know, I was thinking just now - I do not know of a book in the bible that I have read where I did not see Jesus in that book! Every book is about Him! From Genesis to Revelation! Is it not amazing that once Christ is revealed to you - that you see him everywhere? What kind of blessing is it to be able to read the Word of God freely? Truly it is a blessing.
I imagine it has been said more that once of me, "Now let's pray for Random." :biggrin:

Honestly, I can not really get past chapter 19 before it all becomes a jumble of odds and ends with no clear meaning in any sense. Even after dozens of readings I am still not sure what the book of Job is all about.
suffering and redemption or recovery?

suffering and redemption or recovery?
All the above. ;) And then some.

It was how Moses encouraged the Hebrews to go commit genocide.
wow, theres a bit of painful truth. The ones who first started the holy jihad for a home land their God promised them if they would only murder women and children et al... for it, are the chosen to lead us away from these holy wars for land money power oil or world domination of their fellow low life men. Is anybody else going to admit the hypocrisy and duality between isis caliphate for a religious muslim state and israels founding in all times under the power of the gun/sword/ terrorist bombings etc..... this are these too militant religions are working together to destroy the world with jihad and the christens are supplying the weapons and aiding and egging both sides on. Nenntanyahoo say iran will secretly get the bomb because israel did it and nobody could stop them? attack first methodology in secret disguises. I could go on pointing out these two "sides" to the same coin but I think we must see the irony and lessons we keep repeating and forgetting. how do we get out of the books and into heaven all us fucking lost souls? better find out quick. p.s. do you think if this world ever wakes up and rises up against the pharoahs, or whatever you call them today, they would blow most of it up to start same stupid pyramid scheme all over again? how many times around would that make it?
You believe Judaism is a militant religion?

We can have a discussion about it. I'd love to have a discussion with you because you have a sincere heart, Random. You desire to know God and that is beautiful to behold.

But for now.....let's to get back to your question about Deuteronomy 31:6 if you want to have a full understanding of the context in which that word was given - then look at Chapter 31.

For your convenience, Random, and other readers I'll type it out here and we can see clearly why Benjamin Netanyahu was led to use this verse.

It is a reminder of the original command when entering into the promised land and it is also prophetic in nature - it is speaking of what is to come still - which is the full return of the Jews to Israel (Ezek 37:4) but even more than that - so let's begin with the beginning. Moses is about to make his departure. The Lord is going to take him home. But first he gives this word to all Israel and specifically - to Joshua - as you'll see.

Deuteronomy 31:1 - 30

And Moses went and spake these words unto all Israel, And he said unto them, I am an hundred and twenty years old this day; I can go no more out and come in: also the LORD hath said unto me, Thou shalt not go over this Jordan.

The LORD thy God, he will go over before thee, and he will destroy those nations from before thee, and thou shalt possess them: and Joshua, he shall go over before thee, as the LORD hath said.

And the Lord shall do unto them as he did to Sihon and to Og, kings of the Amorites, and unto the land of them, whom he destroyed.

And the LORD shall give them up before your face, that ye may do unto them according unto all the commandments which I have commanded you.

Be strong, and of a good courage, fear not, nor be afraid of them: for the LORD thy God, he it is that doth go with thee; he will not fail thee, nor forsake thee.

And Moses called unto Joshua, and said unto him in the sight of all Israel, Be strong, and of a good courage: for thou must go with this people into the land which the LORD hath sworn unto their fathers to give them; and thou shalt cause them to inherit it.

And the LORD, he it is that doth go before thee; he will be with thee, he will not fail thee, neither forsake thee; fear not, neither be dismayed.

Deuteronomy 31:1-8

Moses is telling the people, trust in God. Put all your trust and faith in God alone. Be strong, be of a Good courage, do what God is calling you to do!! Do not fear the enemy! If God is the One who is leading you - how could you possibly fear the enemy? Is God in full control of this or isn't He? That is the message I hear. What causes fear? Sin. When the church is in sin, they lack confidence towards God. When Israel was in sin she lacked confidence in God. Does Satan know this? Of course he does. He tempts people to sin and later accuses them and says God will not listen to your prayers! You are a sinner! You see how he operates?

So Moses is admonishing the people to follow the LORD. To trust in the LORD, He is telling them the LORD is going to go before you, he is going to be with you. He is is not going to fail you. He is not going to forsake you. Now listen to the final message - fear not, neither be dismayed.

Was it the will of God for Joshua to go in and possess the land? Yes. It was time. It was finally TIME! Could Joshua obey what God's command was - given through Moses? Yes.

Why is it possible to obey Moses in this command? Because if you trust in God with all your heart, if you follow the LORD with all your heart and obey him? You will not fear man, you will not fear armies, you will not fear the most evil organizations on earth, you will not fear the enemy though a multitude surround you - because when God is with you? It is all that you need. He's got you. The victory is already ours. You see? God had given his people the victory to take that land before they even crossed over into it. He's telling them. I'm with you. This is my will. Do what I am telling you to do. I am going to lead you. Trust me. I've got you.

When God is with you? The Gates of Hell will not prevail against you!!!

Now lets move further into Deuteronomy 31 - I have to type it out. Hang on, Random. I'll start a new post. This one is already pretty lengthy.

Last edited:
So now we come to verse 9:

And Moses wrote this law, and delivered it unto the priests the sons of Levi, which bare the ark of the covenant of the LORD, and unto all the elders of Israel.

And Moses commanded them, saying, A the end of every seven years, in the solemnity of the year of release, in the feast of tabernacles, When all Israel is come to appear before the LORD thy God in the place which he shall choose, thou shalt read this law before all Israel in their hearing.

Gather the people together, men and women, and children, and thy stranger that is within thy gates, that they may hear, and that they may learn, and fear the LORD your God, and observe to do all the words of this law. And that their children which have not known, may learn to fear the LORD your God, as long as ye live in the land whither ye go over Jordan to possess it.

Deuteronomy. 31: 9-13

Let's look at this now - at the end of every 7 years, in the solemnity of the year of release, in the feast of tabernacles - this is coming up next year and this will fall on one of the Blood moons according to a Jewish Rabbi who has written a book called the Shemitah. His name is Jonathan Cahn. I have not read the book but Crusader Frank has and it would be worth asking him if he recalls how this particular passage fits into that prophecy he has been studying.

Notice that this gathering will require calling all the inhabitants of the land together including the Arabs living amongst them.

Read it carefully - this is an event in the future as next year is the seventh year according to the Rabbi who wrote the book.

Does it relate to the Blood moons - by the fact that the feast falls on the Blood Moon? I do not know. I am neither a believer in it or a disbeliever in what Cahn has been speaking about /wrote a book about - haven't read it yet.

I merely find it interesting that this was what Bibi chose to quote because it is clearly a call to the people of God to hearken unto God and obey Him and to not fear the countenance of the enemy to not even consider anything but the Almighty power of God - the God of Israel - the One who neither sleeps nor slumbers - whose eye is over Jerusalem. That God is about to move mightily on behalf of his people! Amen? Amen.

It is time to return to the LORD. To repent of all sin. To live holy unto the LORD and to do His Commandments. Those who do - shall be like the Jews in Goshen - the angel of death passed over their house - those who do not - shall perish. The promise of Psalm 91 is still as true today as it was when first written. Psalm 91 is for all who abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Are you willing to part with the world, the love of this world, the sin of this world and follow the Lord Jesus Christ? Are you willing to abide in Him and His Word to abide richly in you? It is a call to Trust God as never before. To Trust completely in the Lord God Almighty.

We can pick up at Deut. 31: 14 later - God willing. Have a nice afternoon.
This is really informative. Much said about these verses. A primary reason I started the thread was also how close 31:6 is to the end of the five books of Moses. If one thinks about all that happened from the beginning to the day Moses died it is a lot. (I'm never going to get over Moses' death. So sad.) I take the cumulation of events was God's actions against the Pharaoh. The flood was something but it was in the plagues of Egypt where God basically said, "When I want my people free, my people will be free. Everyone will know God is God." The once clever magicians were probably nowhere to be found when the skies turned dark over the land of the Pharaoh.

I'm going to try to pick up later this evening because you are correct - this is right before Moses is taken home by the LORD. Which in itself is a powerful moment, Random. Think about having a relationship with God where God tells you this:

And the LORD spake unto Moses that selfsame day, saying, Get thee up into this mountain Abarim, unto mount Nebo, which is in the land of Moab, that is over against Jericho and behold the land of Canaan, which I give unto the children of Israel for a possession: And die in the mount whither thou goest up, and be gathered unto thy people, as Aaron thy brother died in mount Hor, and was gathered unto his people.

Deut. 32:48,49 50

Moses knew he was going to die because the Lord told him ahead of time. Moses knew the day he was going to die because the Lord told him right here. This is once again a fulfillment of Amos 3:7 which states:

Surely the Lord GOD will do nothing, but he revealeth his secret unto his servants the prophets.

Amos 3:7

This is what I know about sorcerers, magicians, satanists, witches and those of the occult. They live in fear and torment. They do not know the future. They have no peace. They have no power over the servants of the Most High God - Jesus Christ.

This is what I know about the servants of the LORD. We live without fear and without torment. We have peace that passes all understanding and joy unspeakable. We have been given authority over all the power of the enemy. He cannot harm us.

What a comparison between the children of darkness and the children of light. Why would anyone not choose to serve Jesus Christ when He is the Victor? When He defeated Satan at the cross? When he took the keys to hell and death? When He is coming again? Why would anyone choose to be a slave to a defeated foe? It makes no sense!!

This is what the world will come to realize when they finally see him at the end for what he is. Then they will say....... This is the one that deceived the world? It will be a moment like none other - a moment of saying how could we have been so deceived? !

The good news is the forgiveness and mercy of God is so great that if these people will repent and turn from their sin and call upon the Lord to be saved - He shall save them. See Romans 10:8,9. This is the goodness of God. It is indeed Good News!

As mentioned in the Bible God destroyed the before the congregation not for the congregation's sake but for the wickedness the peoples had done. God does not pervert judgement.

the purple color dye came from a sea snail ------not an insect-----
there are a few different species of the snail that give off a
"red/blue" stuff that is made into the dye....or was. The people,
in the old days loved red and purple

the purple color dye came from a sea snail ------not an insect-----
there are a few different species of the snail that give off a
"red/blue" stuff that is made into the dye....or was. The people,
in the old days loved red and purple

Wrong. Here is some notes you can take down and save to your favorites. Read it later on. I want you to go read that 6 part series about Ex-Jesuit Alberto Rivera so you can see the truth about the Vatican and the reason for WWII and Hitler, Rosie! Stop being so stubborn! Oh and the worm? It's called the Crimson worm. Save this to your favorites and read it.

“The Crimson Worm”
By Danny J. Hubbard
Author of the book “Apocalypse Alive”

Ref: Ex. 39: 29 Priestly Garments, Psalm 22:6, Job 25:6

Jesus as the Crimson Worm, Numbers 19: 9, 17 and Lev 14:4

Crimson Worm used with red heifer for cleansing temple, Matt. 27:28

They placed a “scarlet” robe on Jesus during his beatings.

Ex 39:29 And a girdle [of] fine twined linen, and blue, and purple, and scarlet, [of] needlework; as the LORD commanded Moses.

The girdle of the high priest’s garments were to be dyed in blue, purple and scarlet. Scarlet is taken from the Hebrew word “Tola’ath” which means the crimson worm. It is sometimes taken from the Hebrew word “shaniy” which also means the crimson worm. Virtually everywhere you find the word “scarlet” in the Bible, it relates to the color that comes from the crimson worm.

- Numbers 19:6: And the priest shall take cedar wood, and hyssop, and scarlet, and cast [it] into the
midst of the burning of the heifer.

Numbers 19:7 : And for an unclean [person] they shall take of the ashes of the burnt heifer of
purification for sin, and running water shall be put thereto in a vessel:

Levititus : Then shall the priest command to take for him that is to be cleansed two birds alive
[and] clean, and cedar wood, and scarlet, and hyssop:

The crimson worm was dried and mixed with the red heifer for cleansing of the utensils and other items used in the temple worship. These were the formulas God required of the Jewish people in the ministering in the temple. All were pictures of Christ death on the cross and cleansing of our sins. It was an O.T. picture of the crucifixion, yet most of the Jews of Christ’s day did not see the analogy.

Matt. 27: 28: And they stripped him, and put on him a scarlet robe.

When Christ was beaten, they placed a “scarlet” robe on Him. This word is taken from a Greek
word meaning the same, the crimson worm. These soldiers did not realize by doing so, they fulfilled prophecy relating to the crimson worm.

Now let’s talk about the life cycle of the crimson worm and discuss when it appeared again in Israel.

The Crimson Worm

At the end of the life of the female crimson worm, she voluntarily attaches herself usually to an oak tree in such a fashion that she cannot be removed without tearing her body. She does this in
preparation of laying her eggs and to protect them when they hatch. This is done only once in her life, because she dies afterwards. When she lays her eggs, she exudes a gel like blood to cover the newborn and they are protected by her body and covered by her blood. This blood also stains the tree where she is attached. For three days the worm could be scraped from the tree and used for dye. On the 4th day, her gel-like blood turns into a waxy substance and turns completely white. The crimson worm when crushed, puts off a fragrant smell. It was also used to make medicine.

Jesus refers to Himself in Psalm 22: 6 as a “worm”.

Psalm 22: 6
But I [am] a worm, and no man; a reproach of men, and despised of the people.

This same “worm” is the “crimson worm”, therefore Jesus was telling everyone in Psalm 22:6 that He
would die in the same fashion as the crimson worm and His blood would cover the sins of His children who stay under the blood. Jesus voluntarily went to the cross and His body was attached to the tree in a similar fashion as the crimson worm. He did this ONCE and died. On the 3rd day he arose and anyone who accepts Him can have their sins “though they be as scarlet” become as “white as snow” Isaiah 1:18

The Uniqueness of the Crimson Worm for Temple Use

Since God commanded the dying of the garments and threads of some of the robes for the priests to come from the Crimson Worm, the Jews must have the crimson worm to complete the garments.
However, the crimson worm disappeared from Israel around 30 AD and reappeared in July 2008. It
was found on the oak trees in the Samaria area and the Temple Institute started the harvesting of these worms for the use of dying the priestly garments for the 3rd Temple, which will be constructed in Israel soon. No worms for 2000 years! This same crimson worm was used for dying the scarlet thread that was used on the scapegoat. Such a ugly little creature whom Jesus used as the analogy to depict and foretell His death on the cross and the remission of sin through His blood.

Who knows, God may be using you as a picture in His plan to bring others to Christ. Will you let Him use you or will you fight against His plan for you. A tiny insignificant insect was used to show the way for all mankind!

The Chilazon Shellfish

As you have seen with the Crimson Worm which produced the crimson/scarlet color dye, there was
required a blue or indigo dye also for some of the garments for the priest and high priest.
This formula was also given to Moses by God as mentioned in Ex: 39:29 The blue represented the heavens and God’s abode. One of the High Priest’s garments was to be dyed in blue. The formula was passed down from generation to generation and is found in the extra biblical writings of the Jews call the Talmud.

It was to be a specific color dye that was only produced by the shell fish “chilazon”. The Chilazon
shellfish was found in Biblical days in the northern costal region of the Mediterranean Sea.

However, this shellfish had not appeared in the Mediterranean Sea for almost 2000 years.

In 2005, the Chilazon shellfish reappeared in the Mediterranean Sea and has been used to complete the High Priest garment for the 3rd temple.

By the way, remember that Exodus also mentioned there was a purple dye also. How do you get the color purple? You mix red and blue! The color purple, necessary for these robes, was required to mix the crimson from the crimson worm and the blue from the sky blue Chilazon

. All the garments for the priests have been completed for the preparation of the 3rd temple. Today’s
name for the priest that come from the lineage of Levites are called the Cohen’s or Kohen’s. Many of these priests are being trained online through the Temple Institute.

________________ those are notes someone else took on the book / study and now for the love of God would you please go look up the link I gave you about the Jesuits? Do you need it again? I will go get it for you. Read it, Rosie and you will understand what is going on far more than you do already. here is the link: Alberto Rivera The Jesuit Priest Who Told The Truth

To simplify the story of the blood of the worm that gives the dye for the kings garments - Jesus Christ was crushed and his blood is what gave us our kingly garments - as we are now received as kings and priests through the sacrifice of Christs blood. That is the meaning in Job 25:6.

the red color was made from a tiny insect. I don't know why they are calling it a
"worm" ---but its ok-------biology had not been invented yet. The purple color
came from a sea snail The PURPLE was a big deal because it was so difficult
to harvest the snails -----the purple that jews used was not so reddish as some other
purples in the middle east-----it is represented by the BLUE string in the fringes

because it is a worm! Here is the picture, Rosie! Oy! Vey! I'll post a picture of the tree it clings to for three days before it dies and leaves the blood red stain. Hang on!

th

That entire anti-America debacle was geared toward manipulating the US to do what they won't do themselves. Netanyalhu doesn't want dead Israelis or the debt that comes with war so he made a deal with the Republicans to do it for him. Republicans want another ground war which would not solve the problem but would benefit the war profiteers. Ignorant RWs will blindly follow anything that they think will weaken the US or make the US look bad.

We are an ally of Israel but they are not acting like an ally of the US.

Republicans consistently prove they are anything BUT an ally of the US.
crazy%2Bcrazy%2Bcrazy.png

It is a WORM. Read. The Crimson WORM. It clings to the tree for 3 days and then it dies leaving the blood on the tree permanently staining the tree - look at photo of tree. Thank you.

FactsontheScarletWorm.JPG

Bibi used it to say we should neither fear nor appease Militant Islam.

He's correct.

Forum List

Back