National Filet Mignon Day

You need to try a cap steak if you like the Ribeye.
It's made from the outer edge of the ribeye and rolled in to a steak.

YES!! The Cap Steak is delicious!! We don't see it in the grocery store very often. Another cut that people often don't know is the Hanger Steak.

Thanks for reminding me. It is about time to go searching for these again.

Just make sure to take a really nice picture then tweet that to PETA

Back in 2006 or so, I joined a PETA group online. They were sooooo friendly. They laughed at my jokes. A couple of women even flirted a little bit. Several of them suggested I post a pic.

So I did. Maybe I shouldn't have posted a pic of me in my Realtree camo clothes, holding my favorite deer rifle. I wasn't banned from the group, but no one said another word to me. :cool:

Industry creates this shit to take advantage of this government sponsored inflation.

Now a "plastic shortage" is blamed for the lack of spring water on store shelves. But no explanation for the plastic shortage is given. It's all bullshit, springboarded by the pandemic by democrats helping Big Business in return for Big Business helping them.

There could very well be a plastic shortage.
Bottles of Kahlua that have always come in brown plastic bottles is now coming in clear bottles.

Last edited:
Beef prices are certainly getting out of hand. I have been going to rib eyes the last couple of years too. I have noticed recently that Costco has been carrying a lot of USDA Prime beef. I picked up a couple of prime rib eyes on our last trip--I hope they live up to the hype.

Fish is getting obscenely expensive as well as shellfish.
We did some Red Snapper the other night and it was $31.48 a lb.
King crab legs are even worse. They used to be $20 a lb now they're pushing $80 a lb.

King crab legs are even worse. They used to be $20 a lb now they're pushing $80 a lb.

We haven't bought King Crab legs in a long time. Absolutely delicious. But not worth the cost.

We have occasionally found scallops at a reasonable price. Especially on our annual camping trip to the Florida panhandle with our group. And Atlanta is close enough to the Gulf that shrimp is still almost reasonable.

I have loved King Crab for a looooong time and I've watched price climb and availability drop--I think the fishery is nearly depleted--they need to lay off of it for a few years. I also like tri-tip roasts. I have been a fan since the early 80s. Nobody knew what they were back then. Tri-tip became more and more popular and the 4 lb. roast that I used to get for $7.50 now costs $10.49 per POUND. It is part of the AGW agenda to wean the US off of their love affair with meat and switch us to a vegetable-based diet.

We haven't bought King Crab legs in a long time. Absolutely delicious. But not worth the cost.

We have occasionally found scallops at a reasonable price. Especially on our annual camping trip to the Florida panhandle with our group. And Atlanta is close enough to the Gulf that shrimp is still almost reasonable.

Gulf shrimp sound reasonable at $12 bucks a pound and thats for headless jumbos.
We're picking some up for a pasta dish this weekend.

I sure miss the $20 a pound crap legs,you could spend a $100 bucks and get enough for two people easily.
And yeah scallops are still pretty reasonable.

I have loved King Crab for a looooong time and I've watched price climb and availability drop--I think the fishery is nearly depleted--they need to lay off of it for a few years. I also like tri-tip roasts. I have been a fan since the early 80s. Nobody knew what they were back then. Tri-tip became more and more popular and the 4 lb. roast that I used to get for $7.50 now costs $10.49 per POUND. It is part of the AGW agenda to wean the US off of their love affair with meat and switch us to a vegetable-based diet.

Makes me glad I cant eat like I used to.
I'll still pay the outlandish prices for a good steak or some seafood at this point.
Not going to like it but I'll pay it.

You kind of have to watch scallops. Many times, if the scallops are a very uniform size, they are cut from pollack filets.

It's easy to spot the fakes.
If they dont have the foot on them they're most likely fake.

1660850066605.png

One thing we have found is that pork prices don't seem to have climbed so high, with the exception of bacon.

So thick, center-cut pork chops can make a tasty dinner from the grill.

One tip I got from a YouTube video is to slather the pork chop in mayo before grilling it. The thin coating makes the best golden brown outside. And you do not taste mayo.

One thing we have found is that pork prices don't seem to have climbed so high
I've noticed that too. I wonder if it has anything to do with the Chinese owning Smithfield Farms. They are the largest pork producer in the world and profits go directly to China. They are big enough that they can influence the market. Thanks for the tip on the mayo--I'll have to try it.

Back in 2006 or so, I joined a PETA group online. They were sooooo friendly. They laughed at my jokes. A couple of women even flirted a little bit. Several of them suggested I post a pic.

So I did. Maybe I shouldn't have posted a pic of me in my Realtree camo clothes, holding my favorite deer rifle. I wasn't banned from the group, but no one said another word to me. :cool:
They didn't kick you out of the group? I am stunned.

Forum List

Back