My dad died and I can't handle it.

My wife died 12 years ago

I have been sitting in a hotel room for three weeks thinking about suicide, I have a lot of money.

Please some one tell me it will be ok
It will all be ok. Call a family member or a friend to come and see you.
I don't have any friends, I don't have any family..

Every one is dead
You did not expect to predecease your father did you? How awful for him if that happened. But it didn't. The world is going along as it is supposed to.

All my friends are dead too. Why didn't i just make new ones? Why don't you? Do you have a dog? Get one. Take it for nice long walks and strangers will be attracted to you.

I have been sitting in a hotel room for three weeks thinking about suicide, I have a lot of money.

Get up, take a shower, get dressed, drink some water, go for a 30 minute walk. Go see the places that he saw.

You are not alone. It's going to be ok.
That's the problem I haven't taken a shower in three weeks, all I do is ignore phone calls and don't care

I miss my dad, my wife, I miss my cousin, I miss my best friend.

They are dead
They are all dead and want you to go on. Your wife would want you to shower I'll bet.

Every one is dead
You did not expect to predecease your father did you? How awful for him if that happened. But it didn't. The world is going along as it is supposed to.

All my friends are dead too. Why didn't i just make new ones? Why don't you? Do you have a dog? Get one. Take it for nice long walks and strangers will be attracted to you.
You can tell a dog anything and it will always love you unconditionally without judgement and give puppy kisses.
A pet has far more benefits to a persons well being than most realize.

Every one is dead

You can tell a dog anything and it will always love you unconditionally without judgement and give puppy kisses.
A pet has far more benefits to a persons well being than most realize.
Take a dog for a walk or better, to the dog park. Instant friends.

Ahhh... Good old fashioned depression. Yeah, I know that one.

Learn something. Doesn't matter what it is, as long as it was interesting to you at one time. Nothing is interesting right now, I get that. That's why you learn something you wanted to before all this shit happened.

Best way I've found out of the hole... Honestly... Go learn something new. Snaps the brain out of it. No clue as to why.

Go adopt a puppy after talking to someone. Having an animal that shows endless love, taking it for walks and caring for it will energize you.
He will be your best friend, and never judge you.

I was going to suggest that. ^^

Just to add that when my Dad died some time ago my world became a very dark and somber place, but after time passed and it healed my wounds, I understood better and came to terms with it.

You will be fine too bear513 . Bless.

Last edited:
Thanks guys I am a stubborn person, I hate asking for help, but tomorrow or Saturday I am going into detox at two different places, I have been drinking gallons of whiskey, my blood alcohol level must be off the charts

I just hate asking for help.

And you can't flame me because I don't give a fuck..

Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem. I'm sorry to hear about your father. Please, call someone, be it a loved one or a professional, and get some help. Sometimes we all need a little, and this sounds like your time.

Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem. I'm sorry to hear about your father. Please, call someone, be it a loved one or a professional, and get some help. Sometimes we all need a little, and this sounds like your time.

Thanks, like I said I am a stubborn bastard, I always want to know how I can out drink my wife, my cousin, my best friend and still live 12 years later.

I was purposely trying to destroy my life.

Because I wanted to see if fate was real

Mine died a few weeks ago.

It WILL be okay...... just hang in there.

It's like everyone dies except me..

I keep waking up to a night mare.

Sorry to see you struggling, it seems that way in my life. I lost a daughter a few years back and lost my father in September and I’m worried my mom will soon follow. No magic pill or remedy, however suicide isn’t the answer. You need to find a person to confide in and encourage you to hold on to life for yourself and family. This may be tough but I do this during the day. I start adding up all I’m grateful for, even the smallest of things and I thank God for all of them. I find 10-15 a day. At first it was difficult over time it got better and easier. The other thing I try to do, is when I think of them, I look at the fun times and then I am grateful for every moment I spent with them and then. Then I look at my friends and family and see being with them is another grateful moment God has blessed me.

It mostly works and it has failed a few time but it mostly works.

I do encourage you to see a professional or a leader in your church and sit and poor your heart out. I’m truly sorry for you having to go through this. Take care.

One thing I know is keep your mind sharp, you can always get over it.

Thanks guys I am a stubborn person, I hate asking for help, but tomorrow or Saturday I am going into detox at two different places, I have been drinking gallons of whiskey, my blood alcohol level must be off the charts

I lost my 93 year old dad just 4 weeks ago, I hurts, but then I remember the memories, good and bad with him. Some long forgotten memories comes out at a time like this to be cherished, it is all I have now of him, but I am at peace with him and with myself. Will have a memorial of him next spring.

I lost my 87 year old Mother 5 years ago, celebrated her life at the memorial a couple months later, have a nice mini movie of her life, something to hold onto for years to come.

It is part of life circle we all live in, the losses are always going to happen sooner or later. Go celebrate his life, respect him by living your life well in the days ahead, I am sure he would like that in his children.

Go take care of yourself, remember you are a living representation of his success as a father, don't think anything less of him or yourself as you recover and live well.

I lost my 93 year old dad just 4 weeks ago, I hurts, but then I remember the memories, good and bad with him. Some long forgotten memories comes out at a time like this to be cherished, it is all I have now of him, but I am at peace with him and with myself. Will have a memorial of him next spring.

I lost my 87 year old Mother 5 years ago, celebrated her life at the memorial a couple months later, have a nice mini movie of her life, something to hold onto for years to come.

It is part of life circle we all live in, the losses are always going to happen sooner or later. Go celebrate his life, respect him by living your life well in the days ahead, I am sure he would like that in his children.

Go take care of yourself, remember you are a living representation of his success as a father, don't think anything less of him or yourself as you recover and live well.
But ......

But.. ...

I tried, he died and the last thing he said to me you are written out of my will..

So to me it's like I never had any family at all, it was all a lie.

Forum List

Back