My dad died and I can't handle it.

My wife died 12 years ago

I have been sitting in a hotel room for three weeks thinking about suicide, I have a lot of money.

Please some one tell me it will be ok
Get up, take a shower, get dressed, drink some water, go for a 30 minute walk. Go see the places that he saw.

You are not alone. It's going to be ok.

You need to contact someone, a mental health professional, and listen to what they say. Get the help you need now because there is no coming back from what you're contemplating. God is in control & will give you guidance if you choose to listen. Don't do anything you can't regret later

Hang in there. It will be ok if you make it ok. But you have to keep moving.

Force yourself to get out and do one thing today. Get a coffee. Walk in a park. But do something.

You have people who care about you. Stay strong.
All I do is sleep and have nightmares, I keep a letter my dad sent me in my wallet.

That is depression. When my Dad died I went through a rough time. Partly because I missed my Dad, and partly because I thought I had failed him.

Yeah, I still miss my Dad. But I know he loved me despite my failings. He saw the triumphs. So does your Dad.

Mine died a few weeks ago.

It WILL be okay...... just hang in there.

It's like everyone dies except me..

I keep waking up to a night mare.
Almost every person I ever liked died bloody, only 2 of my friends from 20 years in the army are still alive.
But the world keeps turning, the sun came up this morning, my Harley is still a blast to ride, and my grandchild is wonderful.

Hang in there.

My parents passed away within a few weeks of each other. You never get over it. The most you can do is accept It. I think about them everyday. You do have people who care for you. My view is that life is very short and the older you get the faster it goes. What is 5,10 or 20 years after all? Life is worth living. Your father and your wife would have wanted you to as tough as it may seem now. Hang in there.

I have been sitting in a hotel room for three weeks thinking about suicide, I have a lot of money.

Get up, take a shower, get dressed, drink some water, go for a 30 minute walk. Go see the places that he saw.

That's the problem I haven't taken a shower in three weeks, all I do is ignore phone calls and don't care

I miss my dad, my wife, I miss my cousin, I miss my best friend.

They are dead

That's the problem I haven't taken a shower in three weeks, all I do is ignore phone calls and don't care

They are dead

Well, the only person that can get up and get into the shower is you. You will feel better afterwards. Not perfect, not good but better.

You have some options. You can text 741741 and say hello. You don't have to call and speak to them. It's just texting. You can call 1-800-273-TALK (8255) You can call the police.

Last edited:
My mom passed away while I was in high school and I still miss her 40 years later. Engage with the rest of the world. You can still make a difference. Doesnt feel like it now, but you can.

My parents passed away within a few weeks of each other. You never get over it. The most you can do is accept It. I think about them everyday. You do have people who care for you. My view is that life is very short and the older you get the faster it goes. What is 5,10 or 20 years after all? Life is worth living. Your father and your wife would have wanted you to as tough as may seem now. Hang in there.
....I got over my parents dying...I did join the USMC and was away from them for 8 years....came home for leave, of course ....I had no problems being away from them....

You are not alone, we are here with you still if you are just writing and reading what we tell you...this could help you because you could see that we care a lot about you.

So talk with us !

They are dead
I found my 10 yr old in the bottom of 3 foot of water in front of 8 life guards some yrs ago.

Talk about regrets friend.

The last words of this man saved me.................."It is God's way, his will not ours be done." ..President McKinleys last words after succumbing to an assassination.

They are dead
I found my 10 yr old in the bottom of 3 foot of water in front of 8 life guards some yrs ago.

Talk about regrets friend.

The last words of this man saved me.................."It is God's way, his will not ours be done." ..President McKinleys last words after succumbing to an assassination.
I'm sorry. That's horrible.

First and foremost you need t get out of the hotel room.
Hotels are impersonal, depressing and you are surrounded by strangers that could care less about you.
My advise is to do exactly what freyasman said... take a shower and go to an ER. They are good at this.
And they will give you some good ass drugs for a bit to help you sleep, which you need more than you know.
This will also allow you to turn that brain off for a few days and people will take care of everything for you.
Nurses etc. care more about you than you know.
Get up.... get off of here... shower and go.

First and foremost you need t get out of the hotel room.
Hotels are impersonal, depressing and you are surrounded by strangers that could care less about you.
My advise is to do exactly what freyasman said... take a shower and go to an ER. They are good at this.
And they will give you some good ass drugs for a bit to help you sleep, which you need more than you know.
This will also allow you to turn that brain off for a few days and people will take care of everything for you.
Nurses etc. care more about you than you know.
Get up.... get off of here... shower and go.
Our go-to is the B-52..... haladol, atavan, and benadryl. A good long nap in a safe place is a big help, for most everyone.

Forum List

Back