Multiple states had repubs send in fake cerification documenrs

But there is no need to try to figure out how this happened, or how to prevent it in the future because the system worked.
The system only works (as it did this time) when people take their jobs seriously and aren't blinded by partisanship.

Trump tried to install partisans to subvert that and only failed because he didn't install enough of them.

Republicans have learned from that and are making adjustments.

We need to support the system for it to hold and investigating an prosecuting wrong doing is the basis of that support

They were caught but not yet punished. There is plenty more to see here.
I said prosecute them.

But there is no reason to try to figure out how to prevent it in the future because these guys were caught. The system works.

"We completed the forms exactly as prescribed by law," Shafer said. "We did not alter them because we were told that any alterations would be grounds for dismissing the lawsuit for lack of available remedy."
If I forged paperwork showing that I owned title to your home, would you consider that to be legitimate and not worthy of legal action just because I filled out the false papers as proscribed by law?

I read the bullshit article. As I said before, every coup attempt that ever happened had illegitimate actors claiming authority they didn't have to take control of the actions of a government.
Hah ha ha ha......unhinge much?

Maddow was previously sourced......LOL

And

And the fake electors and those who planned and funded these acts of treason will be bought to justice.

Now who could have planned such a multi-state effort?
There is no coordination. One group did this and got caught.

The system works. Nothing to see here.

But there was no secrecy involved and no claims that the electors chosen were the real electors.
This sentence cracks me up.

Uh, yes. The forms did indeed claim they were the real electors and the author included the sentence where they said EXACTLY THAT.

"We, the undersigned, being the duly elected and qualified electors for president and vice president of the United States of America from the state of Georgia, do hereby certify the following ..."

And

And the fake electors and those who planned and funded these acts of treason will be bought to justice.

Now who could have planned such a multi-state effort

I read the bullshit article. As I said before, every coup attempt that ever happened had illegitimate actors claiming authority they didn't have to take control of the actions of a government.

If I forged paperwork showing that I owned title to your home, would you consider that to be legitimate and not worthy of legal action just because I filled out the false papers as proscribed by law?

But on the 14th, there were a number of Trump lawsuits still pending in those states. The Trump team's thinking went like this: The election is still not finally settled. What if Trump were to win one or more of those suits and a judge were to throw out the results in one or more states? You might view this as a fantasy — indeed, it was — but in some cases, Trump supporters thought they had a strong legal case that would prevail if only a judge would hear it. In the event that a court threw out Biden's victory in any state, Trump would need a slate of electors to cast electoral votes for him. And by law, the electors had to have voted on Dec. 14. If Trump won a case, and a state's results were thrown out, and Trump had no electors, then the whole election challenge would be a waste.

Just to make sure
everyone knew what was happening, Shafer tweeted what had been done within an hour after the meeting's conclusion. "Because the president's lawsuit contesting the Georgia election is still pending, the Republican nominees for presidential elector met today at noon in the State Capitol and cast their votes for president and vice president," Shafer tweeted. "Had we not met today and cast our votes, the president's pending election contest would have been effectively mooted. Our action today preserves his rights under Georgia law."

Republicans in the other states did the same thing and explained so publicly. The Washington Post talked to GOP officials in other states who gave the same explanation.

In case anyone needs a refresher, it originally appeared that the controversy was limited to one state. In December 2020, while Wisconsin electors met for an official ceremony at the state Capitol in which the state formally assigned its participants in the electoral college, a group of Wisconsin Republicans quietly held a separate, fake ceremony — in the same capitol, at the same time — to cast electoral votes for Donald Trump, despite his defeat in the state.

They then proceeded to forge the official paperwork, claiming to be the "duly elected and qualified electors," though that was plainly false. They also submitted the bogus documents to government agencies.

We learned soon after, however, that Wisconsin Republicans had some company: Republicans in Arizona, Georgia, Michigan, and Nevada did the same thing.

And when I say "the same thing," I mean the same thing: The fake documents had identical formatting, spacing, fonts, and phrasing, leaving little doubt that there was a template for Republicans to follow in each of these states.

In two other states — Pennsylvania and New Mexico — Trump fans took similar steps, but they added qualifiers to the materials, saying that someday, under some circumstances, the GOP electors might eventually become the real electors.

The caveats mattered: Because these Republicans did not purport to be the "duly elected and qualified electors," their efforts are qualitatively and legally different. In fact, a local report out of Lancaster reported yesterday, "The Pennsylvanians' insistence might've spared them from a criminal investigation."

State Attorney General Josh Shapiro's office added in a written statement, "Though their rhetoric and policy were intentionally misleading and purposefully damaging to our democracy, based on our initial review, our office does not believe this meets the legal standards for forgery."

This sentence cracks me up.

Uh, yes. The forms did indeed claim they were the real electors and the author included the sentence where they said EXACTLY THAT.
Contingent upon Trump winning His cases, only.

If and it wasn't very likely, Trump won, the only electors that voted would have been for Biden, with none for Trump....their actions, released to media and in particular WAPO described what was done.

In case anyone needs a refresher, it originally appeared that the controversy was limited to one state. In December 2020, while Wisconsin electors met for an official ceremony at the state Capitol in which the state formally assigned its participants in the electoral college, a group of Wisconsin Republicans quietly held a separate, fake ceremony — in the same capitol, at the same time — to cast electoral votes for Donald Trump, despite his defeat in the state.

They then proceeded to forge the official paperwork, claiming to be the "duly elected and qualified electors," though that was plainly false. They also submitted the bogus documents to government agencies.

We learned soon after, however, that Wisconsin Republicans had some company: Republicans in Arizona, Georgia, Michigan, and Nevada did the same thing.

And when I say "the same thing," I mean the same thing: The fake documents had identical formatting, spacing, fonts, and phrasing, leaving little doubt that there was a template for Republicans to follow in each of these states.

In two other states — Pennsylvania and New Mexico — Trump fans took similar steps, but they added qualifiers to the materials, saying that someday, under some circumstances, the GOP electors might eventually become the real electors.

The caveats mattered: Because these Republicans did not purport to be the "duly elected and qualified electors," their efforts are qualitatively and legally different. In fact, a local report out of Lancaster reported yesterday, "The Pennsylvanians' insistence might've spared them from a criminal investigation."

State Attorney General Josh Shapiro's office added in a written statement, "Though their rhetoric and policy were intentionally misleading and purposefully damaging to our democracy, based on our initial review, our office does not believe this meets the legal standards for forgery."
You overlook this part of your post?

based on our initial review, our office does not believe this meets the legal standards for forgery.

Are you trying to say it didn't happen, dumb ass?
Where did I say that. I does appear quite evident that Maddow ran with bullshit.

It is also quite evident what happened as explained by York.

Why Lesh even provided proof from the Pennsylvania AG that it wasn't a forgery.

But alas, per PillowBoy and Lenny it WAS stolen......hence, let's get crackin' on arresting, trying, convicting, and imprisoning the balance of the 300,000,000* American who are not already in jail.
The number is a bit of an exaggeration. Whatever the real number is, they need to be locked up.

Where did I say that. I does appear quite evident that Maddow ran with bullshit.

It is also quite evident what happened as explained by York.

Why Lesh even provided proof from the Pennsylvania AG that it wasn't a forgery.
Documents dishonestly claiming to be legitimate electoral college votes, and falsely bearing the seal of the various states are very much forgeries. WTF is wrong with you? How stupid are you?

Documents dishonestly claiming to be legitimate electoral college votes, and falsely bearing the seal of the various states are very much forgeries. WTF is wrong with you? How stupid are you?
Get around the part of complying with the law, publicly announcing it to various media outlets, and contingent upon a Trump win in court.

What happend to a states electors when they cast their votes for Biden and Biden's is disqualified?

I know you're a closet Trump lover......don't bullshit me.

Forum List

Back