America: The Government It Deserves

bill718

Diamond Member
Jun 26, 2016
As a left leaning Independent, I don't usually side with the Conservative agenda, but.... it occurred to me the blame for the state of our divided nation is not the fault of folks such as McConnell, Trump, Gaetz and other Conservative lawmakers. Why? Because they are only doing what their voter base sent them there to do.

Imagine folks, what would happen if both Conservative and Liberal voters all wrote their members of Congress on a Federal and State level and insisted their elected officials stop their divisive statements and started working with their counterparts on the other side of the aisle to move legislation forward even if it means that neither side will get everything they want - or face removal from office. Imagine what would happen if those same voters all contacted networks such as CNN and FOX News and insisted on a more accurate, less slanted and hostile accounting of the news - or face a national boycott with their ratings in the toilet, and them on the unemployment line.

Personally, I think all politicians are scum, but many of the problems we face as a nation lie squarely with the folks we look at in the mirror, since our elected officials are only a reflection of who we are, how we act, and what we want.

" Every Nation Gets the Government It Deserves" - Joseph de Maistre 1753 -1821

Boycotts would do nothing and complaining would do nothing. They are heavily financed by enemies of American citizens. Just look at a typical Town Hall in the USA. It is literally a variation of Planet of the Apes and it would be racist to replace this cast of characters with competent, intelligent citizens. By the way, these are the same cast of characters who count votes. :heehee:

interdasting.jpg

Boycotts would do nothing and complaining would do nothing. They are heavily financed by enemies of American citizens. Just look at a typical Town Hall in the USA. It is literally a variation of Planet of the Apes and it would be racist to replace this cast of characters with competent, intelligent citizens. By the way, these are the same cast of characters who count votes. :heehee:

Your video: the tyranny of the stupid and uninformed.

As a left leaning Independent, I don't usually side with the Conservative agenda, but.... it occurred to me the blame for the state of our divided nation is not the fault of folks such as McConnell, Trump, Gaetz and other Conservative lawmakers. Why? Because they are only doing what their voter base sent them there to do.

Imagine folks, what would happen if both Conservative and Liberal voters all wrote their members of Congress on a Federal and State level and insisted their elected officials stop their divisive statements and started working with their counterparts on the other side of the aisle to move legislation forward even if it means that neither side will get everything they want - or face removal from office. Imagine what would happen if those same voters all contacted networks such as CNN and FOX News and insisted on a more accurate, less slanted and hostile accounting of the news - or face a national boycott with their ratings in the toilet, and them on the unemployment line.

Personally, I think all politicians are scum, but many of the problems we face as a nation lie squarely with the folks we look at in the mirror, since our elected officials are only a reflection of who we are, how we act, and what we want.

I suspect your plan will do nothing. Our politicians are entirely controlled by big corporations and billionaires. The people have little say or influence unless they get in the streets and raise hell, which isn’t likely. Secondly, the two criminal gangs and the msm push divisive propaganda 24/7 and most Americans accept the propaganda as factual. We see the results of this divisive propaganda every day on this board.

Voters have the following choices, some areas vote one way, and other areas the other way.
1. Law and order and safe streets - or Defund the police, criminals run wild, flash mobs, lots of murders, and sham prosecutors.

2. Prosperity like building HQ2 with tax breaks and getting 40,000 jobs and renovating a blighted area - or no new jobs, no new construction, and sitting on their porches looking at the blighted area.

3. Being "color-blind" to race - or promote racism, promote that one race are oppressed, and one race are oppressors

4. That school boards are subject to parental oversight - or that school boards are independent and can promote the leftist agenda of transgenderism, wokeness, racist CRT, and the incorrect 1619 Project

5. That parents have rights to address grievances with school boards - or that the FBI can investigate parents and charge them as domestic terrorists if they object to school board policies

Last edited:

The division is by design so that the duopoly can never again be threatened. Those politicians you speak of have divided us to ensure that each sides hates the other side so much we will vote for only for their side no matter what they do once they are elected.

And it has worked to perfection.

Forum List

Back