Mueller Approval Rating Plummets as Trump Investigation Drags On

Well of course. Mueller is toast with the American people

-Geaux
------------------------

This isn’t just me opining, however. A new Washington Post/George Mason poll released Friday finds that 45 percent of respondents disapproved of how Mueller was conducting the investigation, significantly up from 31 percent in January.

Mueller Approval Rating Plummets as Trump Investigation Drags On

I really can’t see why Mueller would care he has low approval ratings. He isn’t running for any office, and he is carrying the Dems water without the Dems being subject to his approval ratings.
Mueller says little in public

Hard to be popular. He has a job to do and doesn’t care what is said about him

Comey couldn’t go two days without a camera in his face

and this is why i say your and my facts. if i don't agree with you - to me that's a start of a discussion to find out where we've gone on different thought patterns and figure out a common ground of which we can agree.

to you it means i suck and seem to live in a fantasy world just to annoy you and the righteous of thought.
Can we agree that 1 +1=2?
sure.

can we agree that trump is a slimy piece of shit is an opinion?
Absolutely.....using pejoratives is always opinion. However, for Donald Trump and his followers......castigating large groups of people just as you have (in reverse) is what led to his popularity. When Trump does it......it makes him a "fighter against the establishment".....when it happens against him, it makes him a victim.

So....bringing this back around to the original subject....there are specific facts that we now know about Trump and his ties to Russia in regards to getting elected in the first place. There is also a whole lot we don't know........we should ALL AGREE that an independent investigation is needed to see what FACTS come out. Those saying Mueller is involved in partisan attacks do the exact thing you claim to dislike.
and how is what is happening to trump any different than what happens to any of us out to justify how we feel about something? you're kinda getting mad at human nature and calling it trump.

and at this point what we do know is obama's DOJ let a lawyer into the country who previously was not allowed here to talk with Trump Jr at Trump Tower. do we really know more than that? have any of these indictments stemmed from this actual issue or was other stuff found they went after?
For God's sake.....he is the President and drives policy. Should be a bit of a higher standard. That was the case in the past....evidently not the case any longer.

When your "feeling" about something is rooted in horse manure.....that's a problem.

I thought Trump said they never met the lawyer at Trump Tower? Would you call that a blatant lie?
ok - so "horse manure" would now be an opinion, correct? and if we don't share that opinion, why are we now to right and wrong when by nature that's hard to pin on an "opinion"?

trump wasn't at that meeting. since i don't follow people around to catch them in a contradiction i may have missed that.

as for the president being held to a higher standard - that was the case wasn't it? pop culture has a way of changing things as people react emotionally, not rationally. trump is the rights answer to obama's pushing liberal values everywhere and making where people pee a 2+ year issue for us socially.

we are in new territory to be sure. if we want the past, then obamas use of the gov against the "other side" would have him in nixon type hot water but instead he's given godlike status by the left for his actions against the vile right.

emotions let us do some very stupid things that the other side will say "hold my beer" to.

All I care is that the debate can be had understanding facts are facts. We used to be able to debate issues based on CBO reports (for example).....but now, we cannot even do that because the current Administration has convinced their followers that their word supersedes math or science. When this is the case, debate is pointless. This is the EXACT REASON why Trump went to war against the media, en masse. Then, he can pass a tax cut for himself (or the people who crashed the economy 10 years ago) and raise the deficit to do so......if the media calls him out on it, he can play the victim card. Trump has convinced his people that his word is more important than anyone else's.......no matter how many times it can be proven he is lying.

THAT is where the cult talk comes in.....this is unprecedented in our history....and ungodly dangerous.
sounds like all you care about are doing things on comfortable terms.

trump went to war on the media cause the media by and large is not news, it's pop culture in action. we're pop rocks, bell bottom pants, bashing microsoft in the 90s, we're a lighted dance floor with john travolta doing his thing all over us. trump went to war on the media cause he knows how to play them to his strengths. they follow along like a puppy dog and give him the attention he keeps going after. annoying as hell on both parts to be sure but i've resigned myself to knowing this is who we are for at least 2+ more years. maybe 6+ if the left can't find their ass quickly and trot out hillary again.

the media calls out trump for eating fried chicken for the love of god. or getting 2 scoops of ice cream or his wife for wearing heels. the media calls him out cause quite frankly, it makes the audience dance and go crazy and click their little pages and increase that count so they can charge more for ads. i doubt most media gives a shit about the truth anymore as they need revenue or they go under. they need ratings or they're replaced so they will go for biggest bang for the buck.

that hardly puts them in an objective place now does it?

you keep mixing in your personal fears about people you don't know into the mix and that makes a convo w/you difficult cause i'm trying hard to ignore it but all this TRUMP SUCKS CAUSE OF w/o recognizing others have also done the exact same thing but your views on them allowed it to be ok is the very nature of thought that got us into this bag of pop culture shit we're in right now.
How is reporting on a CBO report of Trump's tax plan part of "pop culture"?

Your argument is bizarre because, in your mind, all media is questionable and cannot be believed....regardless of where it derives. However, we should believe Trump blindly simply because that's what he says we should believe? It is illogical and nonsensical. There's a difference between the NYTimes and the National Enquirer for God's sake.......it is incumbent on us to be able to tell the difference.

at this point - all media is. i see them far too often take short cuts and not do their homework. i worked my way through college at a newspaper and it was my minor as well. i see so little today of what i learned then being done and it kills me. people point to "media" who say how they feel and use them as facts without even checking on where they got their story from anymore. it says what you need to hear, so true.

while i agree it's incumbent on us to determine the differences, i can't do that if i don't question it going in, can i?
Absolutely agree with you here.....but, I would then ask you do the same thing when it comes to believing or not believing Trump. When Trump, for example, makes a claim that he wants to "provide health insurance for everyone" but then doesn't tell you HOW he is going to do so....that should be an indication that Trump is lying to us. That level of critique you apply to media is too often NOT applied to the Trump Administration.
i don't put a whole lot of trumps "Made for Prime Time TV" talk than i did when he had his own reality show.

obama said we can keep our own doctor. lie.
you have to pass it to see what's in it - bullshit.

you're taking your comfort zone and giving it latitude you won't give things you're not comfortable with. again, human nature but when the other side does the same thing you're doing but through their own eyes, a fight breaks out where discussions should. that's on both sides and it needs to stop.
you said, "obama said we can keep our own doctor. lie."
Absolutely was not a lie......there was NOTHING written in the law stating you had to change doctors (unless, of course, your employer had to renegotiate your insurance plan based on the parameters set forth in the law). Then, if that's the case and your doctor couldn't abide by the parameters of the law, yep, you'd have to change. But that's on your employer....not Obama.

What does that have a thing to do with what we're talking about, by the way? One might think that would be used as a deflection as a way of trying to justify Trump's lying. Too bad.....I thought we were making progress.....

sure.

Absolutely.....using pejoratives is always opinion. However, for Donald Trump and his followers......castigating large groups of people just as you have (in reverse) is what led to his popularity. When Trump does it......it makes him a "fighter against the establishment".....when it happens against him, it makes him a victim.

So....bringing this back around to the original subject....there are specific facts that we now know about Trump and his ties to Russia in regards to getting elected in the first place. There is also a whole lot we don't know........we should ALL AGREE that an independent investigation is needed to see what FACTS come out. Those saying Mueller is involved in partisan attacks do the exact thing you claim to dislike.
and how is what is happening to trump any different than what happens to any of us out to justify how we feel about something? you're kinda getting mad at human nature and calling it trump.

and at this point what we do know is obama's DOJ let a lawyer into the country who previously was not allowed here to talk with Trump Jr at Trump Tower. do we really know more than that? have any of these indictments stemmed from this actual issue or was other stuff found they went after?
For God's sake.....he is the President and drives policy. Should be a bit of a higher standard. That was the case in the past....evidently not the case any longer.

When your "feeling" about something is rooted in horse manure.....that's a problem.

I thought Trump said they never met the lawyer at Trump Tower? Would you call that a blatant lie?
ok - so "horse manure" would now be an opinion, correct? and if we don't share that opinion, why are we now to right and wrong when by nature that's hard to pin on an "opinion"?

trump wasn't at that meeting. since i don't follow people around to catch them in a contradiction i may have missed that.

as for the president being held to a higher standard - that was the case wasn't it? pop culture has a way of changing things as people react emotionally, not rationally. trump is the rights answer to obama's pushing liberal values everywhere and making where people pee a 2+ year issue for us socially.

we are in new territory to be sure. if we want the past, then obamas use of the gov against the "other side" would have him in nixon type hot water but instead he's given godlike status by the left for his actions against the vile right.

emotions let us do some very stupid things that the other side will say "hold my beer" to.
Not at all.....if you tell me 1+1=54...that would be horse manure and a lie. Trump said there was no meeting....until it was revealed there was one. That would be a lie. Add that to the stack of other lies by his Administration......a lie is a lie is a lie........it is your prerogative to ignore it, but then at least admit it; you don't care if you're lied to...if Trump is doing the lying. This revelation makes you just another right winger who claims to give a **** about the truth; unless the truth is uncomfortable for you (using your words). In short, that makes you a hypocrite (at least within the context of this argument).

sounds like all you care about are doing things on comfortable terms.

trump went to war on the media cause the media by and large is not news, it's pop culture in action. we're pop rocks, bell bottom pants, bashing microsoft in the 90s, we're a lighted dance floor with john travolta doing his thing all over us. trump went to war on the media cause he knows how to play them to his strengths. they follow along like a puppy dog and give him the attention he keeps going after. annoying as hell on both parts to be sure but i've resigned myself to knowing this is who we are for at least 2+ more years. maybe 6+ if the left can't find their ass quickly and trot out hillary again.

the media calls out trump for eating fried chicken for the love of god. or getting 2 scoops of ice cream or his wife for wearing heels. the media calls him out cause quite frankly, it makes the audience dance and go crazy and click their little pages and increase that count so they can charge more for ads. i doubt most media gives a shit about the truth anymore as they need revenue or they go under. they need ratings or they're replaced so they will go for biggest bang for the buck.

that hardly puts them in an objective place now does it?

you keep mixing in your personal fears about people you don't know into the mix and that makes a convo w/you difficult cause i'm trying hard to ignore it but all this TRUMP SUCKS CAUSE OF w/o recognizing others have also done the exact same thing but your views on them allowed it to be ok is the very nature of thought that got us into this bag of pop culture shit we're in right now.

Your argument is bizarre because, in your mind, all media is questionable and cannot be believed....regardless of where it derives. However, we should believe Trump blindly simply because that's what he says we should believe? It is illogical and nonsensical. There's a difference between the NYTimes and the National Enquirer for God's sake.......it is incumbent on us to be able to tell the difference.

at this point - all media is. i see them far too often take short cuts and not do their homework. i worked my way through college at a newspaper and it was my minor as well. i see so little today of what i learned then being done and it kills me. people point to "media" who say how they feel and use them as facts without even checking on where they got their story from anymore. it says what you need to hear, so true.

while i agree it's incumbent on us to determine the differences, i can't do that if i don't question it going in, can i?
Absolutely agree with you here.....but, I would then ask you do the same thing when it comes to believing or not believing Trump. When Trump, for example, makes a claim that he wants to "provide health insurance for everyone" but then doesn't tell you HOW he is going to do so....that should be an indication that Trump is lying to us. That level of critique you apply to media is too often NOT applied to the Trump Administration.
i don't put a whole lot of trumps "Made for Prime Time TV" talk than i did when he had his own reality show.

you're taking your comfort zone and giving it latitude you won't give things you're not comfortable with. again, human nature but when the other side does the same thing you're doing but through their own eyes, a fight breaks out where discussions should. that's on both sides and it needs to stop.
Absolutely was not a lie......there was NOTHING written in the law stating you had to change doctors (unless, of course, your employer had to renegotiate your insurance plan based on the parameters set forth in the law). Then, if that's the case and your doctor couldn't abide by the parameters of the law, yep, you'd have to change. But that's on your employer....not Obama.

What does that have a thing to do with what we're talking about, by the way? One might think that would be used as a deflection as a way of trying to justify Trump's lying. Too bad.....I thought we were making progress.....
i knew many of my self employed friends as well as employed on their insurance who had to change. why? insurance said it was the law.

so if you wish to call my friends and people i've talked to liars, feel free. but since i know them and saw the changes myself, i know better. i also know how much more self employed people had to pay for LESS insurance AND different doctors. so i talked to employed and self employed and based on their experiences, they would disagree on their ability to keep their doctor, much less their plans.

you brought up health insurance and i followed and expanded the scope of the conversation to show my experience on it. so i didn't deflect i just went where you were going. if you wish to call trump a liar and use health care as an example, i'll show you examples of health care lies i know of to use as an example to support my views on the topic. sorry that bothers you but i won't stop a culture conversation on 1 person because the party i'm talking to doesn't want to address it as a larger issue, just get mad at said person.

emotional responses don't help get through factual situations.

sure.

Not at all.....if you tell me 1+1=54...that would be horse manure and a lie. Trump said there was no meeting....until it was revealed there was one. That would be a lie. Add that to the stack of other lies by his Administration......a lie is a lie is a lie........it is your prerogative to ignore it, but then at least admit it; you don't care if you're lied to...if Trump is doing the lying. This revelation makes you just another right winger who claims to give a **** about the truth; unless the truth is uncomfortable for you (using your words). In short, that makes you a hypocrite (at least within the context of this argument).
and we were doing so good here in trying to respect the other party in this discussion and you went all emo on it.

later on man.

sure.

Being a member of the right.....I'd LOVE to hear how you justify Trump and Republicans raising the budget deficit for Trump to write himself millions in tax cuts?

and we were doing so good here in trying to respect the other party in this discussion and you went all emo on it.

later on man.
In other words....you have no response. Classic.

You should read your own posts about "uncomfortable" discussions.

sure.

Being a member of the right.....I'd LOVE to hear how you justify Trump and Republicans raising the budget deficit for Trump to write himself millions in tax cuts?
sorry. i am not who you tell me i am. i'm conservative yes but not right or left. my views cross to both sides and i'm not playing slap the stereotype with you.

trump is pro business. he gave businesses tax cuts they need that have blown employment to heights we've never seen before. economy growth is higher than we've ever seen. something he's doing is working for us all. since he is in business, i expect these changes to work for him also. if they ONLY worked for him, i'd be a lot more concerned. and at this point your focus seems to be PIN THE HATE ON TRUMP regardless of the topic and i'm not playing that game.

when you want to talk as individuals as i thought we were, holler. if you want to get mad cause i don't agree with your views and then have you try to pin me to a hypocrite or other stereotype, i'm out.

later on man.
In other words....you have no response. Classic.

You should read your own posts about "uncomfortable" discussions.
dude - i've written war and fucking peace this am in replies to you - and you say i have no response. just wow.

don't blame me you don't understand me.

i knew many of my self employed friends as well as employed on their insurance who had to change. why? insurance said it was the law.

so if you wish to call my friends and people i've talked to liars, feel free. but since i know them and saw the changes myself, i know better. i also know how much more self employed people had to pay for LESS insurance AND different doctors. so i talked to employed and self employed and based on their experiences, they would disagree on their ability to keep their doctor, much less their plans.

you brought up health insurance and i followed and expanded the scope of the conversation to show my experience on it. so i didn't deflect i just went where you were going. if you wish to call trump a liar and use health care as an example, i'll show you examples of health care lies i know of to use as an example to support my views on the topic. sorry that bothers you but i won't stop a culture conversation on 1 person because the party i'm talking to doesn't want to address it as a larger issue, just get mad at said person.

Less insurance?!?!?!? That would be a blatant lie. Unless, of course, that is what you negotiated with your provider. That'd be on you....not the law. Perhaps you need to talk to your HR Department and ask why they negotiated such a ****ty contract?

Still haven't heard Trump's health care plan that'd insure everyone for less money........maybe you know?

Less insurance?!?!?!? That would be a blatant lie. Unless, of course, that is what you negotiated with your provider. That'd be on you....not the law. Perhaps you need to talk to your HR Department and ask why they negotiated such a ****ty contract?

Still haven't heard Trump's health care plan that'd insure everyone for less money........maybe you know?
not playing this game with you. you went from actually talking issues to attack mode and i don't do that.

night johnboy.

sorry. i am not who you tell me i am. i'm conservative yes but not right or left. my views cross to both sides and i'm not playing slap the stereotype with you.

trump is pro business. he gave businesses tax cuts they need that have blown employment to heights we've never seen before. economy growth is higher than we've ever seen. something he's doing is working for us all. since he is in business, i expect these changes to work for him also. if they ONLY worked for him, i'd be a lot more concerned. and at this point your focus seems to be PIN THE HATE ON TRUMP regardless of the topic and i'm not playing that game.

when you want to talk as individuals as i thought we were, holler. if you want to get mad cause i don't agree with your views and then have you try to pin me to a hypocrite or other stereotype, i'm out.
Sorry champ, numbers don't lie.......all Trump has done was take the momentum of the Obama recovery and ride the wave. He has done NOTHING for the economy except take credit for it. Follow unemployment numbers over the last 10 years.......

So....you don't care about the budget deficit...as long as really rich people get a tax cut?! Where was all this "I don't care about the budget deficit" talk when we were recovering from the financial crash?!?! Remember back then, we couldn't invest in the recovery unless something was budget neutral. (sigh)

By the way.....HOW do we pay for the military or the really stupid wall Trump wants to build!??!? A bake sale?

Last edited:

not playing this game with you. you went from actually talking issues to attack mode and i don't do that.

night johnboy.
That's just it....you haven't talked about one issue. You got despondent when I called you on your hypocrisy. Follow the thread.....you didn't get defensive until I pointed out the lies by Trump that you choose to believe. Then.....I was "emotional"?!?!?

Practice what you preach sunshine.

:laughing0301:

I’m sure Captain Mueller really cares about the “approval rating” of his investigation into Private Shin Splits and his crime syndicate.

A winning new avatar CC! :)

20614.jpg

And lookie - Baby Trump is going on a WORLD TOUR!

The organizers behind the blimp depicting President Trump as a baby that will fly over London next week during Trump’s trip to the United Kingdom announced that they will now take the blimp on a world tour.

The organizers wrote on a crowdfunding site for the 20-foot-tall balloon that “people have have been SO generous and supportive that we now have WAY more money than we can sensibly spend just on Trump's UK visit in July!”

“So - Trump Baby is going on World Tour!” the organizers wrote. “All the details are still TBC but once little Donald has been run out of Britain in July, we will start to put together an itinerary - so if your community is unlucky enough to be expecting a visit from the orange sex pest, please get in touch after the 14th.”​

Trump baby blimp to go on 'world tour'

so 33% disapprove ?

puts his approval rating @ 67%

Mueller’s unfavorable numbers have hit highs among both Democrats and independents, at 24 percent and 33 percent, respectively. Thirty-six percent of all registered voters are also seeing Mueller unfavorably, which represents the highest level since the polling first raised the topic 11 months ago. Back then, 23 percent of all voters said they viewed Mueller negatively.

good to know

Yep - 33% would mean Donald's crumbling base of Russia deniers.

night johnboy.
Serious question.....is giving blank checks to big business the only way someone can be "pro business"?!

Should we do away with antitrust law, like Trump has said?

night johnboy.
Hey 'Mr. Issues'.........evidently, you've conceded defeat in this debate?

I understand....if I would have talked myself into the circles that you have, I'd be dizzy as hell.

Liberals are stupid for not pushing Mueller to speed up the investigation and focus on TRUMP as opposed to getting side tracked. Just think if Mueller had anything on TRUMP it might have prevented TRUMP from getting another SCOTUS pick. Democrats would have had a good case for waiting until after the midterms to vote on Kavanaugh.

Liberals are stupid for not pushing Mueller to speed up the investigation and focus on TRUMP as opposed to getting side tracked. Just think if Mueller had anything on TRUMP it might have prevented TRUMP from getting another SCOTUS pick. Democrats would have had a good case for waiting until after the midterms to vote on Kavanaugh.
It's an independent investigation....that's the whole point. It is apolitical, despite what Trump and/or the right wing media would have you believe.

Forum List

Back