MrG has passed.

Lost my best Buddy Colonel 7 years ago. Still miss him.
DSCF2795_zps421ce135.jpg

I begged her to give me a sign she arrived and was with Dennis. I said it over and over again and just as the plunger went in, I said it again.
Came home, like a zombie, and fell asleep in the rocker she and I sat in, with her on my lap. I woke up to the shaking on my belly of her scratching an ear and grooming herself. I automatically reached out to pet her, but she was not there. But I KNOW what I felt. It woke me up.

She did as I begged her to do and wasted no time doing it. I was sad, felt awful, lonely, cried and happy all at the same time. She IS with him and all the others I loved. Now all I have to do is wait my turn.

I begged her to give me a sign she arrived and was with Dennis. I said it over and over again and just as the plunger went in, I said it again.
Came home, like a zombie, and fell asleep in the rocker she and I sat in, with her on my lap. I woke up to the shaking on my belly of her scratching an ear and grooming herself. I automatically reached out to pet her, but she was not there. But I KNOW what I felt. It woke me up.

She did as I begged her to do and wasted no time doing it. I was sad, felt awful, lonely, cried and happy all at the same time. She IS with him and all the others I loved. Now all I have to do is wait my turn.
You have been through more grief than most. We love you....don't ever forget that.

I'm debating on getting another cat. Been thinking on it, but I don't know if I want to deal with the pain again. Unless I get a senior cat. Still...it bears much musing on.

I can always go down the hall and visit EmmaLou, Xavier and Sugar...all small dogs. If I get a cat, those three can no longer come running into my apartment to see if I dropped any bacon. ;)

I'm debating on getting another cat. Been thinking on it, but I don't know if I want to deal with the pain again. Unless I get a senior cat. Still...it bears much musing on.

I can always go down the hall and visit EmmaLou, Xavier and Sugar...all small dogs. If I get a cat, those three can no longer come running into my apartment to see if I dropped any bacon. ;)
Nurturing can be healing, particularly for those who enjoy doing so. My daughter actually feels down when she's not actively caring for animals or plants. She never connected the dots until reading about this connection. Good idea not to jump into a new cat since you are enjoying the dogs coming over (cuteness overload) but you'll figure it out Gracie. A new little companion, especially as you mentioned an older cat, would be so loving and appreciative of their new furever home! We've had 2 senior cats and just lost one about a year ago and now have a 2 year old that adores the other senior cat as he adores her. I can see how much your cat meant to you and sorry for your loss, you surely couldn't have had worse timing....good plan on a little companion:) Thanks for posting the update and my thoughts are with you.

She can't move well. I don't know if she is in pain. I have to carry her to the litter box, put her up on the bed, give her her food which she will not eat.
I could put it off...chemo, spinal injections, etc....but it is just postponing what must be done and making her life miserable. I can hear MrG now.....do it. I wouldn't/didn't want that for me..why do it to her? Send her home. So home she will go tomorrow sometime.

And again, I am devastated. And nobody to whisper to "its just you and me now, kiddy". It will be just me.
I have lost people. My partner, my mother, my dad who actually disappeared. Mi don't know what happened to him. I've lost pets most of whom were sick and ready to go. But no pain like losing my little girl poodle. I love her to this day. I have her ashes and her favorite toy. When she went I told her that Daddy and her best kitty friend were waiting. She wouldn't be alone. Bubba cat would take care of her just like he did when she was a baby.

She comes to me often. I dream of her. I am so sorry for you. They tell me that God never gives us more than we can bear. Sometimes, I'm not so sure.

Gracie, please get a cat. Rather than thinking about what you may miss if you do please think of what you might gain if you do. You will start to feel a warm body with you in your chair in front of the TV, who needs your cuddles as much as you need to share yours. This will build strength and you will be on the road to recovery and should something dire happen to your new senior 4-paw down the line you will have the strength to handle that. Until then, it will be the two of you as you each bond with a new and different kind of contentment that you will come to cherish. Oh, the lucky little abandoned kitty who now has someone to hold it and love it and the lucky Ms. Gracie who will start to see the sunshine again. You can always go visit those adorable pups and now you will have four little hearts delighting at the sound of your voice as they all await your individual attention and affection. Let the love in, my sweet friend. :smiliehug:

I picked up Evie's ashes today. And while I was there, I told the receptionist at the desk that I was on the lookout and to keep me in mind if they knew of any cats that needed a home, maybe from one of their patients.
Then I went to Salvation Army just to browse and I ran across a caregiver that takes care of a man here at the apts I live in. Told her I was looking for a cat maybe...and I was to go to the pound today but I keep putting it off. Fear, I guess. To love and lose again. Anyway, she said if I can hold out a bit longer, the man she does caregiving for (yes, I know him. I see him now and then wandering the halls) is going to be going to a full care facility soon...but he doesn't know it yet. He has Alzheimers and is beginning to get too forgetful and at times violent. Not only does he know his family is fixing to move him...he can't take his cat. Female, older, no feline leukemia, indoor only and in the same apt complex building I am in. So...I wait I guess. I may be getting his cat. And when he is finally told he is leaving to a new place without his cat, maybe him knowing I will be taking her will soothe him. IF it happens. No telling. But I will wait awhile to see what happens. He can't take care of himself much less his cat...so.........

In the meantime....I had all of Evie's stuff put away. But a few days ago..I dragged it all back out. Litter box back in the corner (empty of litter of course), washed scratch pad with new one inserted, laundered fav blankies and toys, food all stacked in the closet, clean bowls. The only thing missing is the cat that will soon lay claim to it all. So I am prepared. I WILL get a cat. I just don't know when.

I picked up Evie's ashes today. And while I was there, I told the receptionist at the desk that I was on the lookout and to keep me in mind if they knew of any cats that needed a home, maybe from one of their patients.
Then I went to Salvation Army just to browse and I ran across a caregiver that takes care of a man here at the apts I live in. Told her I was looking for a cat maybe...and I was to go to the pound today but I keep putting it off. Fear, I guess. To love and lose again. Anyway, she said if I can hold out a bit longer, the man she does caregiving for (yes, I know him. I see him now and then wandering the halls) is going to be going to a full care facility soon...but he doesn't know it yet. He has Alzheimers and is beginning to get too forgetful and at times violent. Not only does he know his family is fixing to move him...he can't take his cat. Female, older, no feline leukemia, indoor only and in the same apt complex building I am in. So...I wait I guess. I may be getting his cat. And when he is finally told he is leaving to a new place without his cat, maybe him knowing I will be taking her will soothe him. IF it happens. No telling. But I will wait awhile to see what happens. He can't take care of himself much less his cat...so.........
Win/Win........💓

In the meantime....I had all of Evie's stuff put away. But a few days ago..I dragged it all back out. Litter box back in the corner (empty of litter of course), washed scratch pad with new one inserted, laundered fav blankies and toys, food all stacked in the closet, clean bowls. The only thing missing is the cat that will soon lay claim to it all. So I am prepared. I WILL get a cat. I just don't know when.
That would be wonderful. Cats come to us in the oddest of circumstances. I hope your kitty finds you soon.

I'm having a really tough time lately. Tough. He was not supposed to die. He's supposed to be in his bed, propped up, watching tv. He's supposed to be here with me.

I don't have anyone else to say this to. So I will say it here.

Any time Gracie. We have our share of aholes but also a lot of caring people. Wish I knew what I could say to ease your pain. Maybe grief teaches us to treasure those with whom we share our lives while they and we are still here.

Forum List

Back