Thread deletions in General

Status
Not open for further replies.

BackAgain

Neutronium Member & truth speaker #StopBrandon
Nov 11, 2021
Now a resident of a Red state! Hallelujah!
Two points:

For any mod action, is there a way to advise us which mod we should address our questions to?

And if a post is deleted for whatever reason, can’t you let us see which post you’re talking about?

(As an aside, I once offered a post in the depths of this board which was so magnificently stupid, I had to moderate it myself. Deleted. I almost banned myself!)

Two points:

For any mod action, is there a way to advise us which mod we should address our questions to?

And if a post is deleted for whatever reason, can’t you let us see which post you’re talking about?

(As an aside, I once offered a post in the depths of this board which was so magnificently stupid, I had to moderate it myself. Deleted. I almost banned myself!)
Once the mod puts a lock on a new thread, you will know it because you cannot then post another word on the thread, to the best of my knowledge. The most common is realizing a similar thread was posted 2 months ago and is still open to discussion.

• Banned
Once the mod puts a lock on a new thread, you will know it because you cannot then post another word on the thread, to the best of my knowledge. The most common is realizing a similar thread was posted 2 months ago and is still open to discussion.
I was asking a couple of different questions. I’ve gotten a couple of mod actions, like some post deletes. But if I don’t know which post it was, that info is pretty vague. And the mods don’t sign their handiwork so I can’t direct my question to the correct mod.

I earned one ban. But I couldn’t even ask, at the time, which mod it was to discuss it during my one week vacation. Again, they don’t sign their decisions and during a ban you can’t even log in to ask or to file a protest or an appeal. (In my case, I eventually found out. I couldn’t have lodged a valid appeal anyway.)

Two points:

FlaCalTenn

Two points:

They all have the magic fingers of oracles and can help you down the yellow brick road.

I was asking a couple of different questions. I’ve gotten a couple of mod actions, like some post deletes. But if I don’t know which post it was, that info is pretty vague. And the mods don’t sign their handiwork so I can’t direct my question to the correct mod.

I earned one ban. But I couldn’t even ask, at the time, which mod it was to discuss it during my one week vacation. Again, they don’t sign their decisions and during a ban you can’t even log in to ask or to file a protest or an appeal. (In my case, I eventually found out. I couldn’t have lodged a valid appeal anyway.)
They've been doing that for years. YEARS. It's cowardly and ridiculous.

Two points:

1) EVERY mod had access to the same tools/files/mod logs. So the only time you need to think about WHICH to contact is if your really complaining about a particular mod. In that case, chose a Sr. Mod (me or Dont Taz Me Bro) and one or two others.

Otherwise, just pick 2 for any general questions.

2) OF COURSE. We know that members can't remember the past 10 posts that they posted or maybe the 100 they post in the past hour. So, again, any mod would be able to give you the deleted content. If you got MULTIPLE posts deleted in a thread, just dont expect that we can pull all of them for you. Give them a CLUE where to look like a Thread name or link. And put a couple on the distribution because we dont have fixed schedules and you'll get an answer quicker.

3) Congrats on the self-control. THere's a supply chain issue for self-control, honesty, and effort in MessageBoard land. Maybe we SHOULD let members ban themselves,

I like that idea.. :up:

Forget deletions, the thread moving has become unbearable.

Total fcking nonsense

Ironic. I just moved a lame joke thread from History to Humor. Do I have your concurrence on that? How about people that just cant comply with "clean start" titles/oposts? should we just CLOSE those? Maybe BAN them? (eventually after being notified about 3 times they MIGHT get temp banned),

Or dead threads where the last 2 pages are 2 MAJOR CERTIFIED TROLLS locked in death grudge match? Think we're gonna delete 3 pages of bad flaming to SAVE that thread?

Mods are all oriented into trying to SAVE threads as a top priority. Sometimes we spend TOO MUCH time cleaning threads to save them. And most threads have degraded to crap by day 3.

You like "crap" laying around? So that then people can point to it and say -- "why do you let them get away with it"?

It's became stupid and usually the same two jackasses

You'd be surprised at the number of times the nastygram PMs get it wrong. PM says Mod Omicron moved/closed my thread, I think the accuracy is no better than 40% win rate.

Largely because Mod Omicron is only here 3 to 4 hours a day. Some mods take longer shifts voluntarily. THAT has more to do with it than any personal judgement/disagreement on moderating.

Two points:

Even tho you dont get the content of a deleted post AUTOMATICALLY, you should get an alert that a post was deleted in a particular thread. That gives you a clue. And if that post gets deleted and warned -- you WILL get the warned post content, but maybe not the other 2 or 15 that were also deleted in that thread.

But we're more than happy to find the content for you if it really helps you post better and NOT do that again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back