MrG has passed.

I finally got the call today. I am moving! Sometime between the next few scant weeks to maybe August 1st. I have to give a 30 day notice, so that means double rent, but I am willing to do it so I can get out of here. The manager quit (I may be repeating myself cuz I don't remember if I already told you), the new maintenance man is looking for a new job already but has not quit yet, and in general, this toxic place is so bad, the call that I am to get a new apt in another town came just at the right time. I am already packing and only leaving out necessities. Gonna cost me a cool grand for movers cuz I can't do it myself, plus drive my car, load a uhaul, unload it, haul the cat, and do it all with one person which is me. Its going to be hairy, but I'm going to do my best to make it all happen and not kill myself doing it. New start. New apt. New town. Found the movers...just gotta get the date down so I can let them know and pay whatever deposit they may require. Plus pay the rent here on the first, give notice, pay rent and deposit at the other place, then be able to come back here to clean up so I can get THIS deposit back....which will be a miracle since I am not much liked here because I know all the crap they do is illegal and call them on it. So they are not sorry to see me go and I am not sorry to show them my backside.

Anyway..its been a very hectic day, and I am trying to find boxes, storage bins with lids, heavy duty trash bags...anything I can get my hand on. Its a 1.5 hour drive to the new place, and I plan to head up there this weekend to get the lay of the land. And gas prices suck too, but I want to SEE where I am going. I read up on it, and it seems a decent little town and much quieter. Thankfully its HUD, so my rent will be the same there as here except I have to pay electric and here I pay no utilities at all. And its a hot there as here in the summer, so....gonna have to cut back on a lot of stuff. Already dumped cable, kept the internet, got a firestick for tv entertainment. Cutting as many corners as I can. And trying not to stress. Doing all this alone is scarey, but I am excited and fearful of this new chapter in my life. At least there will be no more ghost of Dennis haunting me since this place is the last place he inhabited. And yes, he does haunt me with his non presence.

So..thats my latest update. Keep me in your prayers. I think Immagonnaneedthem.

Just wondering if the new place has a supermarket type store nearby, maybe you can ditch the car after you're relocated. Will some combination of buses, taxis, and the old shoe leather express work for you? Are you old enough to get medical care come to you rather than going to them? Here in San Antonio we have the Visiting Physicians Association that comes to see me and the wife, just a thought. Maybe one of those 3-wheel trikes might work. Then there's Amazon, Walmart, and other outlets where they'll deliver stuff to your door so you don't have to drive anywhere. Our local supermarket delivers groceries to us; we pay a $5 delivery fee plus a tip, but for us it's worth it.

I think it's great that you're moving to someplace new. Hopefully the cat won't mind.

Oh, the cat WILL mind. But she has to get used to it just like I will have to. And I will never ever get rid of my car. Ever. I need it. Plus, its hard for me to walk long distances and I am not ready for a motorized chair like a Jazzy. Eventually, but not now. I can still drive. Its just the moving that is going to be a bitch. During the summer. HOT HOT HOT in this valley even further north. I just gotta steal myself for some bucks flying out the door to get me from point A to point B. Oy.

since you are moving yourself.....pro tips....use linens to wrap stuff...even clothes....you wont be tossing your own stuff around ...dont buy bubble wrap and parchment paper....use free stuff..local free papers...all you want to do is stablize the stuff...inside the boxes...now i normally recommend one use 16 c boxes but they can be pricey and get heavy...remember those books will get heavy fast..pack lightly...be careful with liquids....wrap in plastic grocery bags...tape shut...you dont need a tape gun but it is handy...just h tape the boxes when you close them...on each box put where it goes...that way when you are unloading the box can go to the right room...pack a bag with overnight stuff for a couple of days...so you dont feel rushed or compelled to unpack in a day or so...take your time

I finally got the call today. I am moving! Sometime between the next few scant weeks to maybe August 1st. I have to give a 30 day notice, so that means double rent, but I am willing to do it so I can get out of here. The manager quit (I may be repeating myself cuz I don't remember if I already told you), the new maintenance man is looking for a new job already but has not quit yet, and in general, this toxic place is so bad, the call that I am to get a new apt in another town came just at the right time. I am already packing and only leaving out necessities. Gonna cost me a cool grand for movers cuz I can't do it myself, plus drive my car, load a uhaul, unload it, haul the cat, and do it all with one person which is me. Its going to be hairy, but I'm going to do my best to make it all happen and not kill myself doing it. New start. New apt. New town. Found the movers...just gotta get the date down so I can let them know and pay whatever deposit they may require. Plus pay the rent here on the first, give notice, pay rent and deposit at the other place, then be able to come back here to clean up so I can get THIS deposit back....which will be a miracle since I am not much liked here because I know all the crap they do is illegal and call them on it. So they are not sorry to see me go and I am not sorry to show them my backside.

Anyway..its been a very hectic day, and I am trying to find boxes, storage bins with lids, heavy duty trash bags...anything I can get my hand on. Its a 1.5 hour drive to the new place, and I plan to head up there this weekend to get the lay of the land. And gas prices suck too, but I want to SEE where I am going. I read up on it, and it seems a decent little town and much quieter. Thankfully its HUD, so my rent will be the same there as here except I have to pay electric and here I pay no utilities at all. And its a hot there as here in the summer, so....gonna have to cut back on a lot of stuff. Already dumped cable, kept the internet, got a firestick for tv entertainment. Cutting as many corners as I can. And trying not to stress. Doing all this alone is scarey, but I am excited and fearful of this new chapter in my life. At least there will be no more ghost of Dennis haunting me since this place is the last place he inhabited. And yes, he does haunt me with his non presence.

So..thats my latest update. Keep me in your prayers. I think Immagonnaneedthem.
Gracie, you’ve been to hell and back…it is scary to do it alone (I share those fears) but it sounds so good for you, you hated living there. Dennis will be in your heart always, but at least he won’t be a ghost. Hugs to you and I’m so glad you have a cat :)

HUD. What pita they can be, but they sure do help poor folks, lol.
I cannot pay double rent with HUD. So...tomorrow I give my 30 day notice and pay the rent here. On the 29th, I turn in my keys because I can't on the 30th due to it being a saturday and the rental office is closed in both properties. They cannot let me in the new place until I am released from this place, so......the movers have to take my stuff with them back to their warehouse, hold it from the 29th to the 1of august, THEN drive it to the new place. Which means from the 29th to the 1st, I have to stay in a motel. So..that is the plan. Seems like in end of July and first of August it would be less for a motel room, but for 3 days, they quoted 433.00. Um. Ok. Not. But, I have no choice. Unless I sleep in my van with a very angry cat for 3 days in 106 degree weather, which ain't gonna happen! So.....might find a cheaper sleazier motel to hunker down in. And it will be local so I can follow the moving truck guys to keep an eyeball on my stuff that might not be worth anything to anyone but me.;)

So...for now..I will be here until the 29th. Can't even get in the bedroom..its full of boxes and bins. Went box hunting this morning and hit the mother load in an alley. Some even had unused bubble wrap still in them, so I considered myself lucky.

I figure the Lord had finally granted my wish to get out of here and opened a door...and I am walking thru it no matter what. Still scared and leary, but also excited at the new life waiting for me where I know nobody at all except Anne, who lives about 25 miles away. I think I will not make friends with any neighbors....too much drama. I just wanna be a hermity ol cat lady now sitting in my rocker on the front porch with my cat while watching the sunset. Dennis was supposed to do that with me, but he checked out and is having a field day with Karma, Moki, Pretties, Gracie, Charlie, Chooch, FatCat and Evie. I'm jealous. But I, too, will get there eventually so I can wait. For now....that door opened up and by golly....I am assholes and elbows bulldozing thru it!

:twirl::huddle:

When my partner died I had never felt so all alone. I just wanted to get out from under. The terrible life I led as a child surfaced completely. I could pack a bag, put the dog in the car and go off into the unknown. Leave everything behind. I ended up in rural desert Nevada. You sound like you are in a good place. Keep your wits about you and listen to your cat for advice.

I'm dealing with a bout of grief lately. Most times, I feel alright, but the past few days...not so much. I try to stay busy. I also keep searching for that miracle of a small home that appears that I can afford and I can finally be happy again in a small real garden and be at peace. But yeah..the cat helps. ;)

No...no Go Fund Me. I was helped enough by the folks here after the Paradise Fire. I won't accept that again. I am alone now, but still very independent. Unless, of course, someone here has a tiny mother-in-law cozy house in the back 40 that is offered to me for rent that I can afford. You know..something like this:

1659870352014.png

:D

Of course, if its bald, I can always make it LOOK like this in the yard. lol

And..I won't be alone forever. Dennis' brother is 82, and when he goes to join Dennis, his wife wants to come live with me. I said she can't while I am in HUD housing apts but with our combined SS income, we can afford a small 2 bedroom or a 1 bedroom with an attached garage to convert. Eventually it may happen. She has a sister in Cody Wyoming...might head that way if she and I are not too decrepit by then.

I have another friend in Killeen Tx that wants me to come there, but...I am not too thrilled about Killeen. Too big. I like smaller towns but not too far from bigger cities where I can get medical needs taken care of. Still...living out in the country sounds like heaven to me.
So...I dream alot with wishful thinking. Beats sitting around here bawling.

I'm dealing with a bout of grief lately. Most times, I feel alright, but the past few days...not so much. I try to stay busy. I also keep searching for that miracle of a small home that appears that I can afford and I can finally be happy again in a small real garden and be at peace. But yeah..the cat helps. ;)

No...no Go Fund Me. I was helped enough by the folks here after the Paradise Fire. I won't accept that again. I am alone now, but still very independent. Unless, of course, someone here has a tiny mother-in-law cozy house in the back 40 that is offered to me for rent that I can afford. You know..something like this:

View attachment 678906

My prayers and hopes that you can find peace.

View attachment 678906

Gracie I can get you into a fixer upper for only $15.00 a month. No utility bills to pay. Got a crick nearby that never runs dry. Plenty of firewood layin' around. Three kerosene lamps. Outdoor sanitary unit for his/her/them. Home insurance not necessary. No nosy neighbors. Lots of wild game. (Groundhogs, coons. squirrel, etc)

1659886865563.png

Nearby dining for special occasions. (must wear shoes and shirts)

1659888011818.png

1659888075243.png

Guest room for in-laws

1659888305485.png

Sanitary unit.

1659888560862.png

Just say the word and it's all yours!

Gracie I can get you into a fixer upper for only $15.00 a month. No utility bills to pay. Got a crick nearby that never runs dry. Plenty of firewood layin' around. Three kerosene lamps. Outdoor sanitary unit for his/her/them. Home insurance not necessary. No nosy neighbors. Lots of wild game. (Groundhogs, coons. squirrel, etc)

View attachment 678993

Nearby dining for special occasions. (must wear shoes and shirts)

View attachment 678995
View attachment 678996

Guest room for in-laws

View attachment 678997

Sanitary unit.

View attachment 678998

Just say the word and it's all yours!
Ya mock it but that is my dream life!

Forum List

Back