Mormon girl comes out as gay in church. The church cuts her mic...

Right after they buried her up to her neck and stoned her to death, oh wait wrong religion I must have gotten it mixed up because Mormon starts with an M.

So they cut her mic. Wonder what would have happened in a mosque? Oh...wait....she wouldn't even be allowed to speak in a mosque.
Looks to me like adults have used this girl to make a point in an inappropriate venue at an inappropriate time.
13 year olds should not be encouraged to 'formalise' the idea that they are gay, anyway. This comes close to child abuse in so many ways.

"Born in Vermont in 1805, Smith claimed in 1823 that he had been visited by a Christian angel named Moroni who spoke to him of an ancient Hebrew text that had been lost for 1,500 years. The holy text, supposedly engraved on gold plates by a Native American historian in the fourth century, related the story of Israelite peoples who had lived in America in ancient times."

An 18 year old that was visited by an angel named Moroni founds a 'faith'. :cool-45:

Perhaps the little girl who came out in church was shunned because that isn't how they do it on God's home world planet of Kolob. Jesus made the Kolob run in under 12 parsecs. These are not the droids you are looking for. You're gonna need a bigger boat. And don't call me Shirley. That's it, game over man, game over.

I...pardon you.

Yeah doesn't make any sense does it. :bye1:

The religion doesn't need to justify its beliefs. They have a right to believe what they believe just as you have a right to believe your silly shit. If you don't like it, don't join their religion. Pretty easy stuff but the leftwing nuts just don't understand simple.

Apply that to Isis and you have your answer Cujo.

When was the last time mainstream mormons blew anything up in the name of their Religion?

ref-false-equivalency.jpg

You don't know what a false equivalency is. Try again Percy.

"Born in Vermont in 1805, Smith claimed in 1823 that he had been visited by a Christian angel named Moroni who spoke to him of an ancient Hebrew text that had been lost for 1,500 years. The holy text, supposedly engraved on gold plates by a Native American historian in the fourth century, related the story of Israelite peoples who had lived in America in ancient times."

An 18 year old that was visited by an angel named Moroni founds a 'faith'. :cool-45:

Perhaps the little girl who came out in church was shunned because that isn't how they do it on God's home world planet of Kolob. Jesus made the Kolob run in under 12 parsecs. These are not the droids you are looking for. You're gonna need a bigger boat. And don't call me Shirley. That's it, game over man, game over.

I...pardon you.

The religion doesn't need to justify its beliefs. They have a right to believe what they believe just as you have a right to believe your silly shit. If you don't like it, don't join their religion. Pretty easy stuff but the leftwing nuts just don't understand simple.

When was the last time mainstream mormons blew anything up in the name of their Religion?

No, your attempt to tie Mormon's to ISIS is basically a textbook case. All they share is that their religious beliefs condemn homosexual acts. On the execution of their objection, there is no comparison, thus the false equivalency.

Mormon church leaders cut microphone after young girl announces she's gay

SALT LAKE CITY -- A video of a young Mormon girl revealing to her congregation that she is lesbian and still loved by God -- before her microphone is turned off by local church leaders -- is sparking a new round of discussions about how the religion handles LGBT issues.

Savannah, 13, spoke on May 7 in Eagle Mountain, Utah, about her belief that she is the child of heavenly parents who didn't make any mistakes when she was created. Her comments came during a once-a-month portion of Mormon Sunday services where members are encouraged to share feelings and beliefs.

"They did not mess up when they gave me freckles or when they made me to be gay," she said, wearing a white shirt and red tie. "God loves me just this way."

Her act shows bravery while her church shows cowardice.
Oh pfft. Church is not the place to get up by the altar and start blabbing about your sexual deviance.

And it certainly isn't an appropriate place for depraved parents to showcase their children's sexual deviance.

"Psalm 2King James Version (KJV)
2 Why do the heathen rage, and the people imagine a vain thing?

2 The kings of the earth set themselves, and the rulers take counsel together, against the Lord, and against his anointed, saying,

3 Let us break their bands asunder, and cast away their cords from us.

4 He that sitteth in the heavens shall laugh: the Lord shall have them in derision."

People should tread lightly when they take a path that leads them to bring depravity to the altar and demand it be treated as acceptable.

Just sayin.

I...pardon you.

No, your attempt to tie Mormon's to ISIS is basically a textbook case. All they share is that their religious beliefs condemn homosexual acts. On the execution of their objection, there is no comparison, thus the false equivalency.

You use a Red Herring to put forth a fake false equivalency claim because you don't know what it is.

"The religion doesn't need to justify its beliefs." - Papageorgio -

That is what my post was in response to and you know that. But that didn't fit your short list of memes so you tried to change the subject. I understand it looks tempting to try to 'appear' logical and use terms you see here. But you actually have to know what they are and mean.

So again, if a religion doesn't have to justify it's beliefs then Isis doesn't have to justify their beliefs either. See how quickly such thinking leads to a slippery slope? No, probably not.

You use a Red Herring to put forth a fake false equivalency claim because you don't know what it is.

That is what my post was in response to and you know that. But that didn't fit your short list of memes so you tried to change the subject. I understand it looks tempting to try to 'appear' logical and use terms you see here. But you actually have to know what they are and mean.

So again, if a religion doesn't have to justify it's beliefs then Isis doesn't have to justify their beliefs either. See how quickly such thinking leads to a slippery slope? No, probably not.

Uh...thinking that it's ungodly to engage in depraved sexual acts, or encourage children to engage in them..is a little different than killing girls who have been raped or beheading Christian children.

Well, at least in my world. Maybe you're just that committed to forced acceptance of depraved sexual acts with 13 y.o. kids who don't know any better.

She's right on one thing, God loves her but He doesn't approve of her sin

Naw, man, I had a rap session with God last night, and He told me He was totally cool with the gays. He also doesn't know how that prohibition on shellfish got in the Bible, because God totally love him some shrimp cocktails.

Shrimp.jpg

Except eating shellfish is no longer a sin..and never was for Gentiles. You're too dense to realize it was Mosaic Law, done away with by the New Covenant.

It's always funny when you loons attempt that...and promptly get smacked down
Who made that "decision"?

You used ISIS to create an association that implies violence. You could have used a more moderate Muslim organization and had an actual point, but you went with the extremists . Thus my accusation of a false equivalency.

It's called freedom of religion, they are allowed to teach their beliefs, I am not a fan of the Mormon religion, however I believe that religions should be allowed to practice their beliefs, whether they agree with me or not. You can take all tax exemptions from all religions, I would be okay with that, however, it can't have exemptions allowed or disallowed because of beliefs. It is either all or nothing.

Naw, I like my idea better. If your church preaches hate, no tax exemption for you!

It's called freedom of religion, they are allowed to teach their beliefs, I am not a fan of the Mormon religion, however I believe that religions should be allowed to practice their beliefs, whether they agree with me or not. You can take all tax exemptions from all religions, I would be okay with that, however, it can't have exemptions allowed or disallowed because of beliefs. It is either all or nothing.

Naw, I like my idea better. If your church preaches hate, no tax exemption for you!

There goes Jerimiah Wright's exemption

The church did the right thing by turning off the microphone.

Perverts shouldn't be allowed to infect the congregation with their filth. ..... :cool:

God made this girl who she is.
and he made the ones who don't approve who they are as well.

funny how we miss that one a lot.

Sure.... if you believe that. I didn't miss it. The point being that if you're religious and you think God does everything for a reason, then why did he make gay people? If he made them, then you shouldn't be treating them badly. He made all animals have sex. How can sex be bad then?

They have to be treated equally, otherwise government would be favoring one religion over the other which violates the Constitution. Hate or a rejection of a lifestyle choice? You lefties are very intolerant.

Forum List

Back