More Proof the skeptics are WINNING!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You mean the Denial Matrix? Hiding from reality is just not much of an argument. Especially when hiding consists of closing your eyes. It's really not about what's written here but what's going on out there.

Especially when hiding consists of closing your eyes.

Like you're closing your eyes to the current investments in fossil fuels?

No, like you closing your eyes to the temporary nature of fossil fuels. And to science. And to engineering. And to progress.

No, like you closing your eyes to the temporary nature of fossil fuels.

No kidding, another two or three hundred years and they'll be gone. :lol:

So you are saying what we have today doesn't work?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

It`s quite apparent that you simply can`t understand the problem, even though I explained it often enough and in detail WHAT IT TAKES so that by now even a 12 year old child could understand it.
And you still don`t know what I am saying ?
"So you are saying what we have today doesn't work?"
Is that all you`ve got when somebody presses a moron like you for an answer how (an "engineer" like you) would "just do it".

Were you at least able to figure out how our calender is laid out, or do you also still have a problem with that one too ?
e0xp.gif

You know that it's winter, right?

In case you still don`t know...now it`s just 4 more days till winter starts

Engineers know that you solve problems as you need to and as you can and as you want to.

Oil is the first to go. We have many solutions to that. I live in one place where there is lots of wind, and another where there is lots of sun. There is no oil in either place.

Why wouldn't I have a solar powered car in the sunny place and a wind powered car in the other? And I can use the same car!

Engineers know that you solve problems as you need to and as you can and as you want to.

Oil is the first to go. We have many solutions to that. I live in one place where there is lots of wind, and another where there is lots of sun. There is no oil in either place.

Why wouldn't I have a solar powered car in the sunny place and a wind powered car in the other? And I can use the same car!

All you keep doing is repeating what you want us to do !
..and that "We have many solutions to that"...well what are they ?
So far all you said is:"I live in one place where there is lots of wind, and another where there is lots of sun."
What makes you think that it`s different in Germany?
You still need to adjust for sudden load demand even if you have "lots of wind"....it`s not constant unless you are inside a wind tunnel.
All the while you`ve got to maintain constant rpm to stay at 60 hertz and at grid voltage, which calls for more torque wanting to drop your rpm and get it out of phase, lagging with the grid...how many times do I have to tell you what the problem is ?
Solar? aren`t there any clouds passing overhead where you live?
Engineers know that you solve problems as you need to
They all know that at Siemens, GE, Mitsubishi etc, the question you keep avoiding is how; if you don`t want to "spin up" another power plant that picks up the slack for wind and solar.

Our integrated power grids have been doing that all the time even long before wind turbines went on-line.
In any power plant 1 or 2 turbines carry the current (base) load and when there is a sudden demand surge that they can`t handle the rest of the other turbines which are on stand-by were spinning in phase share the load by having their exciter voltage increased and their wicket gates opened just a little more& just enough to keep spinning in phase and at constant rpm to accept that load.
No problem, that does not drop the pen stock pressure you get from the reservoir.
So what do you suggest we should do when your "reservoir" the wind speed drops for the whole wind mill park.. while the load demand spikes up?
Now it`s a gamble. If you are lucky you are still able to compensate with the blade pitch to adjust for the lower wind speed as long as that wind speed is still high enough to give you the torque to keep up the rpm.
I guess it never occurred to you that a shallow pitch to stay at nominal rpm delivers less torque and you would be out of phase in 1/120 th of a second, smoking your wind mill unless the disconnect breakers tripped in time...and then you are screwed !
You would brown out an entire region exactly the same way Texas did with their wind mills.

Last edited:

All you keep doing is repeating what you want us to do !
..and that "We have many solutions to that"...well what are they ?
So far all you said is:"I live in one place where there is lots of wind, and another where there is lots of sun."
What makes you think that it`s different in Germany?
You still need to adjust for sudden load demand even if you have "lots of wind"....it`s not constant unless you are inside a wind tunnel.
All the while you`ve got to maintain constant rpm to stay at 60 hertz and at grid voltage, which calls for more torque wanting to drop your rpm and get it out of phase, lagging with the grid...how many times do I have to tell you what the problem is ?
Solar? aren`t there any clouds passing overhead where you live?
Engineers know that you solve problems as you need to
They all know that at Siemens, GE, Mitsubishi etc, the question you keep avoiding is how; if you don`t want to "spin up" another power plant that picks up the slack for wind and solar.

Our integrated power grids have been doing that all the time even long before wind turbines went on-line.
In any power plant 1 or 2 turbines carry the current (base) load and when there is a sudden demand surge that they can`t handle the rest of the other turbines which are on stand-by were spinning in phase share the load by having their exciter voltage increased and their wicket gates opened just a little more& just enough to keep spinning in phase and at constant rpm to accept that load.
No problem, that does not drop the pen stock pressure you get from the reservoir.
So what do you suggest we should do when your "reservoir" the wind speed drops for the whole wind mill park.. while the load demand spikes up?
Now it`s a gamble. If you are lucky you are still able to compensate with the blade pitch to adjust for the lower wind speed as long as that wind speed is still high enough to give you the torque to keep up the rpm.
I guess it never occurred to you that a shallow pitch to stay at nominal rpm delivers less torque and you would be out of phase in 1/120 th of a second, smoking your wind mill unless the disconnect breakers tripped in time...and then you are screwed !
You would brown out an entire region exactly the same way Texas did with their wind mills.

The difference between you and I is that I know that we are smart and capable enough to maintain civilization through the time that we always knew was coming, when the energy of past suns ran out, and our only source would be today's sun.

We will do that with you or without you, but we will do it.

Technology is revolutionized on a continuing basis. I've lived long enough to know that neither you nor I can even imagine future capabilities.

So, the old saying, lead, follow, or get out of the way, applies.

Your choice.

The difference between you and I is that I know that we are smart and capable enough to maintain civilization through the time that we always knew was coming, when the energy of past suns ran out, and our only source would be today's sun.

Technology is revolutionized on a continuing basis. I've lived long enough to know that neither you nor I can even imagine future capabilities.

Your choice.

And you say you are an "engineer", then changed that later to "scientist"...

the time that we always knew was coming, when the energy of past suns ran out
Now I know how you got all fucked up.
You live by the Mayan calender and after the Dec 2012 doomsday passed we are now supposed to be in this "spiritual transformation" of that "new era"
A New Age interpretation held that the date marked the start of a period during which Earth and its inhabitants would undergo a positive physical or spiritual transformation, and that 21 December 2012 would mark the beginning of a new era.[11] Others suggested that the date marked the end of the world or a similar catastrophe.
What kind of "science" are you into?
Medical pot research "scientist" and you are the one on the team who smokes it ?
You keep saying "we are smart"...are you considering yourself as part of the "we" ??
Okay then,.. put that on your résumé and mail it to GE or Siemens and "lead the way"
Don`t do it in person, because that will get you a fast track into the funny-farm....which is were I think you already are.
You are way past the other red-dot rep nut cases we had here so far and all it takes is one mouse click to wipe you off my monitor.
which is exactly what I`ll be doing right after I`m done here for today

The problem is, that a lot of delusional psychos like you are still running around on the loose or aren`t taking their meds, that`s why a lot of people aren`t as relaxed as they used to be when they board an airliner.

Last edited:

Your choice.

And you say you are an "engineer", then changed that later to "scientist"...

the time that we always knew was coming, when the energy of past suns ran out
Now I know how you got all fucked up.
You live by the Mayan calender and after the Dec 2012 doomsday passed we are now supposed to be in this "spiritual transformation" of that "new era"
A New Age interpretation held that the date marked the start of a period during which Earth and its inhabitants would undergo a positive physical or spiritual transformation, and that 21 December 2012 would mark the beginning of a new era.[11] Others suggested that the date marked the end of the world or a similar catastrophe.
What kind of "science" are you into?
Medical pot research "scientist" and you are the one on the team who smokes it ?
You keep saying "we are smart"...are you considering yourself as part of the "we" ??
Okay then,.. put that on your résumé and mail it to GE or Siemens and "lead the way"
Don`t do it in person, because that will get you a fast track into the funny-farm....which is were I think you already are.
You are way past the other red-dot rep nut cases we had here so far and all it takes is one mouse click to wipe you off my monitor.
A lot of people aren`t as relaxed as they used to be when they board an airliner..because a lot of delusional psychos like you are still running around on the loose or aren`t taking their meds.

Lead or follow. Those are the only useful choices.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

No, like you closing your eyes to the temporary nature of fossil fuels. And to science. And to engineering. And to progress.

No, like you closing your eyes to the temporary nature of fossil fuels.

No kidding, another two or three hundred years and they'll be gone. :lol:

Are you buying 200 year oil futures?

Would you like to sell me some?

You send me money today and I'll promise to send you oil in 200 years.

Sounds great. we can give you all of our money now...and you might be able to lower the temp of the planet by one degree in 100 years. Long after we're both dead. Sounds like a great idea:eusa_whistle::eusa_whistle::eusa_whistle::eusa_whistle:

There is no way to reverse AGW.

You appear to be the only person in the world who knows for sure how much more carbon mankind will dump into the atmosphere and what the resulting climate change will be. And you do it with zero science.

Do you use chicken entrails or the voices in your head?

You mean the Denial Matrix? Hiding from reality is just not much of an argument. Especially when hiding consists of closing your eyes. It's really not about what's written here but what's going on out there.

like Ive said s0n.....philosophy is gay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back