If deniers are arguing facts, why would they change their focus?

Describe just one of them.
Shine IR light through an evacuated tube and monitor the light that makes it through the tube. Begin adding CO2 and see what happens to the transmitted light.
More ad hominem, the last gasp of a debate loser.
I have to note that the statement above is a subjective ad hominem attack on me while mine was an objective, demonstrable observation of fact. ; - )

Shine IR light through an evacuated tube and monitor the light that makes it through the tube. Begin adding CO2 and see what happens to the transmitted light
Post the experiment

Shine IR light through an evacuated tube and monitor the light that makes it through the tube. Begin adding CO2 and see what happens to the transmitted light.
Whatever happens it would not show that human activity is causing harmful global warming that can be reversed by raising taxes.
I have to note that the statement above is a subjective ad hominem attack on me while mine was an objective, demonstrable observation of fact. ; - )
Ad hominems are the level YOU chose to debate on. Look at your responses to other posters . Even your fellow alarmists are not on here defending you. Too embarrassed to associate with childishness.

Whatever happens it would not show that human activity is causing harmful global warming that can be reversed by raising taxes.
What the fuck is wrong with you? You asked for a description of an experiment verifying the greenhouse effect. The terms of the greenhouse effect theory don't include taxes.
Ad hominems are the level YOU chose to debate on. Look at your responses to other posters . Even your fellow alarmists are not on here defending you. Too embarrassed to associate with childishness.
I don't need their assistance, though I certainly appreciate it when it comes. I have mainstream science. You have nothing.

PS: if you believe that Trump line in your avatar, you are one incredibly stupid motherfucker.

Last edited:
What the fuck is wrong with you? You asked for a description of an experiment verifying the greenhouse effect. The terms of the greenhouse effect theory don't include taxes.
when did the atmosphere get a glass tube?

How old are you, Crick? I feel like I'm arguing with a twelve year old.

The "greenhouse effect" is something that happens in the Earth's atmosphere, not a test tube.
I don't need their assistance, though I certainly appreciate it when it comes. I have mainstream science. You have nothing.
Why do you think it isn't coming, though? You're not the only alarmist on the forum.
PS: if you believe that Trump line in your avatar, you are one incredibly stupid motherfucker.
How is that an argument about global warming?

Last edited:
How old are you, Crick? I feel like I'm arguing with a twelve year old.
Then the feeling is mutual. So why do you ask for an experiment verifying the greenhouse effect and then complain it doesn't discuss taxes?
The "greenhouse effect" is something that happens in the Earth's atmosphere, not a test tube.
That is incorrect. The effect is easily modeled in a laboratory. Most high school kids have done it.
Why do you think it isn't coming, though? You're not the only alarmist on the forum.
Because you think they aren't helping me. And they only rarely do. I take that to indicate they don't think I need any help and most of the time, I do not.
How is that an argument about global warming?
It isn't. It's about you and Trump and ignorance.

Then the feeling is mutual. So why do you ask for an experiment verifying the greenhouse effect and then complain it doesn't discuss taxes?

That is incorrect. The effect is easily modeled in a laboratory. Most high school kids have done it.

Because you think they aren't helping me. And they only rarely do. I take that to indicate they don't think I need any help and most of the time, I do not.

It isn't. It's about you and Trump and ignorance.
Anyway . . . since you have no evidence that human activity is causing global warming, that said global warming is harmful, or that any sort of project funded by huge increases in taxes would change that, you really don’t have any support for your position.

Anyway . . . since you have no evidence that human activity is causing global warming, that said global warming is harmful, or that any sort of project funded by huge increases in taxes would change that, you really don’t have any support for your position.
www.ipcc.ch has mountains of evidence that humans are causing global warming, that it is harmful and that there are ways we can mitigate it. I told you that. I provided you multiple links to those data. Unfortunately, YOU are a lying piece of SHIT

CO2 is higher than it has been in over 2 million years YOU FUCKING IDIOT.
So
1706243283100.png

The earth is 4.5 billion years old and tiny little cricket thinks the last 2 million years of CO2 is high.

In the last 140 million years CO2 has been rapidly falling.

The level is so low it is barely above what can sustain life, yet crick wants it even lower

Crick, you are incredibly stupid and can not see the world beyond your nose.

www.ipcc.ch has mountains of evidence that humans are causing global warming, that it is harmful and that there are ways we can mitigate it. I told you that. I provided you multiple links to those data. Unfortunately, YOU are a lying piece of SHIT
But, that's not how grownups debate. You have a real opportunity for growth here, Crick. I think you should take it.

Maybe if I showed you how you looked to adults, you would get it. Here is my impression of someone responding to you as you respond to them:

Hey CRICK, you pathetic TOFFEE NOSE %$#&^ pervert:

Take a look at these links and you'll see how wrong you are!

chrome-extension://bdfcnmeidppjeaggnmidamkiddifkdib/viewer.html?file=https://clips.cato.org/sites/default/files/Cato_blaze_climate.pdf

Now, are you finally educated? Or did you choose ignorance by ignoring those links, you %$&^# little punk?

Last edited:
But, that's not how grownups debate. You have a real opportunity for growth here, Crick. I think you should take it.

Maybe if I showed you how you looked to adults, you would get it. Here is my impression of someone responding to you as you respond to them:

Hey CRICK, you pathetic TOFFEE NOSE %$#&^ pervert:

Take a look at these links and you'll see how wrong you are!

chrome-extension://bdfcnmeidppjeaggnmidamkiddifkdib/viewer.html?file=https://clips.cato.org/sites/default/files/Cato_blaze_climate.pdf

Now, are you finally educated? Or did you choose ignorance by ignoring those links, you %$&^# little punk?

Not a lot of peer reviewed work there. No science at all actually.

Would you like to discuss some of these articles?

Last edited:

Here is the Hansen 1988 model that Robert Bradley Jr, in your first linked article, claimed was an "exaggerate Malthusian scare"

1706281447946.png

The gentleman, with whose statement Bradley opened his article, Phillip Shabecoff, is not a scientist but a reporter. He certainly didn't originate his predicted numbers and we are not shown where they actually came from nor what qualifications were attached to them. Additionally, Shabecoff's comments were made in 1988, the IPCC was just being formed. The Kyoto Protocol would not be in force for another17 years and the Paris Accords were 27 years away. It would be astounding if predictions made then were not higher than what would eventually take place - not that we've reached 2050 yet.

Bradley goes on to state that "dire predictions of global warming and sea level rise are well on their way to being falsified - and by a lot, not a little. Well, here are some later predictions. Let's see how they did.

1706281757943.png

1706281776473.png

These look pretty accurate to me. Of course, NO WHERE, does Bradley provide any actual number to back up his claims and charges, so its a little hard to judge. Sea level rise is another point he claims to have been grossly exaggerated. Here is the actual

1706282028441.png

And here are the latest IPCC, AR6 projections.

1706282655659.png

Figure 9.27 | Projected global mean sea level rise under different Shared Socio-economic Pathway (SSP) scenarios. Likely global mean sea level (GMSL) change for SSP scenarios resulting from processes in whose projection there is medium confidence. Projections and likely ranges at 2150 are shown on right. Lightly shaded ranges and thinner lightly shaded ranges on the right show the 17th–83rd and 5th–95th percentile ranges for projections including low confidence processes for SSP1-2.6 and SSP5-8.5 only, derived from a p-box including structured expert judgement and marine ice-cliff instability projections. Black lines show historical GMSL change, and thick solid and dash-dotted black lines show the mean and likely range extrapolating the 1993–2018 satellite altimeter trend and acceleration. Further details on data sources and processing are available in the chapter data table (Table 9.SM.9).

Here are the analogous projections from the IPCC's AR5

1706282938620.png

Note that the RCP 8.5 predictions for 2050 have roughly doubled between AR5 and AR6. Not what you've expect to see if they had been grossly exaggerated in the past and "falsified - by a lot"

How are we doing here? Is this grownup enough for you?

Sure. Pick one that you read and give me your thoughts.

EDIT:

Whoops! I see you already did that. I will read that very appropriate post and let you know my thoughts on it.

Triggered MMGW cultist says what?

Here is the Hansen 1988 model that Robert Bradley Jr, in your first linked article, claimed was an "exaggerate Malthusian scare"

View attachment 893323

The gentleman, with whose statement Bradley opened his article, Phillip Shabecoff, is not a scientist but a reporter.
The staff of the IPCC are not scientists either. They are reporters in that they report the results of professional “climate scientists” whose job It is to produce research to show that climate is changing, and that human activity is the driving force behind that change.

The reporters of IPCC have been able to cobble together a narrative that is widely believed. But they certainly have no scientific evidence that human activity is causing any observed “global warming“ more so than typical cyclical good climate change.

That climate constantly changes is one of the few things about climate that does not change.

He certainly didn't originate his predicted numbers and we are not shown where they actually came from nor what qualifications were attached to them. Additionally, Shabecoff's comments were made in 1988, the IPCC was just being formed. The Kyoto Protocol would not be in force for another17 years and the Paris Accords were 27 years away. It would be astounding if predictions made then were not higher than what would eventually take place - not that we've reached 2050 yet.
Refresh my memory: did the world’s most prolific producers of carbon sign the Kyoto Protocol? I’m thinking about major industrial power, such as China, Russia, the United States, and Canada. Are they all active signatories to this protocol?

Last I recall, most of them had either not signed it, or signed it, and then withdrawn. That being the case, how could the Kyoto protocol be responsible for the inaccurate prediction?
Bradley goes on to state that "dire predictions of global warming and sea level rise are well on their way to being falsified - and by a lot, not a little. Well, here are some later predictions. Let's see how they did.

View attachment 893326

View attachment 893327

These look pretty accurate to me. Of course, NO WHERE, does Bradley provide any actual number to back up his claims and charges, so its a little hard to judge. Sea level rise is another point he claims to have been grossly exaggerated. Here is the actual

View attachment 893328

And here are the latest IPCC, AR6 projections.

View attachment 893333
Figure 9.27 | Projected global mean sea level rise under different Shared Socio-economic Pathway (SSP) scenarios. Likely global mean sea level (GMSL) change for SSP scenarios resulting from processes in whose projection there is medium confidence. Projections and likely ranges at 2150 are shown on right. Lightly shaded ranges and thinner lightly shaded ranges on the right show the 17th–83rd and 5th–95th percentile ranges for projections including low confidence processes for SSP1-2.6 and SSP5-8.5 only, derived from a p-box including structured expert judgement and marine ice-cliff instability projections. Black lines show historical GMSL change, and thick solid and dash-dotted black lines show the mean and likely range extrapolating the 1993–2018 satellite altimeter trend and acceleration. Further details on data sources and processing are available in the chapter data table (Table 9.SM.9).

Here are the analogous projections from the IPCC's AR5

View attachment 893340
Since those predictions rely on “shared, socioeconomic pathways,” could you explain a little bit about the science behind shared socioeconomic pathways?

Not just a definition, but what is the actual science behind that concept?
Note that the RCP 8.5 predictions for 2050 have roughly doubled between AR5 and AR6. Not what you've expect to see if they had been grossly exaggerated in the past and "falsified - by a lot"
If the AR5 prediction, was roughly doubled by the AR6 prediction, and if the latest prediction is the correct one, that tells us that the AR5 prediction was off by a factor of roughly 100%.

Off by 100%.

Is that your standard for accuracy for a policy that would set back industrialization in the third world and prevent those people from developing modern agriculture, healthcare, education, And transportation?
How are we doing here? Is this grownup enough for you?
Yes, it is! A breath of fresh air. I hope you will keep it up.

Last edited:

You are missing the larger point of those links. The point is not that here is science to prove that the climate will not change. That’s not something that can be accurately predicted by existing science. Neither change, nor lack of change, could be scientifically predicted by existing science as I showed above.

What you’re missing is that Apocalyptic predictions of catastrophic failures of earth and her Life support systems have been part of our cultures for many years.

In the relatively modern times dating back to Nostradamus and to the predictions in the book of revelations. But prior to that advanced civilizations had calendars that predicted earth’s demise on fairly specific dates.

In their minds it was mathematically based and I’m sure that they had a few choice words in Aztec or the like for anyone who doubted.

Just out of curiosity, do you consider yourself as smart, even smarter, or not quite as smart, as those advanced Aztec mathematicians? I would happily admit to not being quite as smart as they. Yet they turned out to be wrong.

In that sense, anthropogenic global warming is yet another apocalyptic religion.

One of my masters is in educational psychology. A masters doesn’t mean I’m an expert that can perform research, but it does mean I have the expertise to read and understand research. I’m going to look into research on the psychology of belief in apocalyptic religions. It might explain some of the modern day fascination with “climate change”.

You are missing the larger point of those links.
Perhaps that would be because it is a point none of your links actually made.
The point is not that here is science to prove that the climate will not change.
I never thought you were attempting to show any such thing. Aside from the personal attacks, you claimed that I had no evidence that humans were responsible for the recently observed warming or that the warming represented a threat to our well being.
That’s not something that can be accurately predicted by existing science.
There are a number of predictions regarding climate that existing science CAN make with some accuracy one of which would be that climate will not change, did conditions actually support such a prediction.
Neither change, nor lack of change, could be scientifically predicted by existing science as I showed above.
You showed no such thing and neither did your linked articles. They made claims along those lines but as far as I saw, every single one of those claims was an unsupported conjecture.
What you’re missing is that Apocalyptic predictions of catastrophic failures of earth and her Life support systems have been part of our cultures for many years.
I hope you're not going to suggest that that precludes the possibility that any apocalyptic prediction can be valid.
In the relatively modern times dating back to Nostradamus and to the predictions in the book of revelations. But prior to that advanced civilizations had calendars that predicted earth’s demise on fairly specific dates.
And what relevance do you believe that has wrt the conclusion of mainstream science on human GHG emissions and the greenhouse effect? Do you think the IPCC's conclusions are based on revelatory visions?
In their minds it was mathematically based and I’m sure that they had a few choice words in Aztec or the like for anyone who doubted.
Again, what relevance does this have to the conclusions of modern climate science? The Aztecs were not employing the scientific method.
Just out of curiosity, do you consider yourself as smart, even smarter, or not quite as smart, as those advanced Aztec mathematicians? I would happily admit to not being quite as smart as they. Yet they turned out to be wrong.
I haven't the faintest idea how smart they might have been. Like you, I consider myself capable of understanding some science and, I suspect, more technical science that that for which you've been trained. Have you had any coursework in physics, chemistry, thermodynamics or heat transfer?
In that sense, anthropogenic global warming is yet another apocalyptic religion.
In what sense? You have shown nothing of the sort. Poster Mamooth made a point here that forest fires took place for milllions of years before humans appeared. That does NOT indicate that humans cannot be responsible for forest fires today. That the Aztecs made incorrect predictions does not mean that accurate predictions cannot be made today.
One of my masters is in educational psychology. A masters doesn’t mean I’m an expert that can perform research, but it does mean I have the expertise to read and understand research. I’m going to look into research on the psychology of belief in apocalyptic religions. It might explain some of the modern day fascination with “climate change”.
I think you might better spend your time and your expertise looking into research on the rejection of mainstream science without rational cause.

Perhaps that would be because it is a point none of your links actually made.

I never thought you were attempting to show any such thing. Aside from the personal attacks, you claimed that I had no evidence that humans were responsible for the recently observed warming or that the warming represented a threat to our well being.
Without plowing through the whole thread, I believe I only concluded that you had no evidence after asking you several times to produce such evidence. What little you presented was post hoc ergo propter hoc, with no causal link shown.
There are a number of predictions regarding climate that existing science CAN make with some accuracy one of which would be that climate will not change, did conditions actually support such a prediction.
I can’t imagine conditions that would support a prediction that climate will not change. But maybe my imagination is not as great as yours. Can you provide an example?
You showed no such thing and neither did your linked articles. They made claims along those lines but as far as I saw, every single one of those claims was an unsupported conjecture.
Which is the basis of all “climate science.”
I hope you're not going to suggest that that precludes the possibility that any apocalyptic prediction can be valid.

No, in spite of the fact that there have been hundreds, perhaps, thousands, of apocalyptic predictions that never came true, there is still the theoretical possibility that an apocalyptic prediction will come true. In fact, if there ever is an apocalypse, surely any surviving historians will be able to look back and find a prediction that matches the actual event out of the thousands of predictions that have been made.

If I’m not mistaken, that is exactly how Jeanie Dixon became famous as a psychic. Among the thousands of predictions being made by self describe psychics, during the 50s and 60s, she accurately predicted the assassination of John F Kennedy.

I’ll check on the name. I guess there would be two explanations for that accurate prediction. One) Jeannie Dixon had psychic powers or two)If enough predictions are made, eventually, one of them will come true. Which one would you pick in that particular case?
And what relevance do you believe that has wrt the conclusion of mainstream science on human GHG emissions and the greenhouse effect? Do you think the IPCC's conclusions are based on revelatory visions?
No, I do not. And I found an interesting article that posited that the predictions of the Aztec mathematician/astronomers were not actually based on any revelatory vision either, but on something completely different.

Very interesting but I can’t post it on my phone. I’ll get it for you later later this evening.
Again, what relevance does this have to the conclusions of modern climate science? The Aztecs were not employing the scientific method.
Neither are the “climate scientists.” The scientific method requires experimentation.

No experiment that you have described shows that there is evidence that any rise and global , if such a rise exist, is caused by human activity.

Just as an example, studies purporting to show that link, never isolate the variable.

You can prove that human industrial activity has increased in the last two centuries. You can show that on modern instruments compared to much older instruments, higher temperatures are shown. You cannot show any causal link between the two. At least you have not yet, if you can.

In fact, the lack of isolation of the variable is not just one small example. It is probably the key reason why such studies can never show causality.

It would probably be close to impossible to isolate the variable of human activity, particularly human industrial activity, in a study of the climate. But the difficulty of doing so, does not release the person claiming scientific authority from their obligation to do so.
I haven't the faintest idea how smart they might have been. Like you, I consider myself capable of understanding some science and, I suspect, more technical science that that for which you've been trained. Have you had any coursework in physics, chemistry, thermodynamics or heat transfer?
Other than the physics and astronomy courses, I took to get my undergraduate degree, I have not extensively studied those fields. See how easy it is for me to admit to a shortcoming? Have you noticed how difficult it is for you to even say that your mathematical ability does not equal those of the greatest Aztec mathematicians?

My fields are educational, psychology, and special education. For both of these, I have studied a lot of human thought process, particularly human motivation. Not that I need it to understand the motivation of the global warming alarmists. Those should be pretty obvious to even the untrained person.

For my advanced agrees, I study, statistics extensively, so I am fully able to understand the lack of scientific merit behind most “studies” of warming.
In what sense? You have shown nothing of the sort. Poster Mamooth made a point here that forest fires took place for milllions of years before humans appeared. That does NOT indicate that humans cannot be responsible for forest fires today. That the Aztecs made incorrect predictions does not mean that accurate predictions cannot be made today.
No, but it does mean that people can be led to believe in accurate predictions. Especially if those making the predictions use them to maintain their power within a specific social order.
I think you might better spend your time and your expertise looking into research on the rejection of mainstream science without rational cause.
Those would certainly not be hard to find. The popular press enjoy publishing stories, who steam is basically “non-liberals are stoopid! Often, the “studies“ they present are nothing more than opinion pieces disguised as science.

So it is certainly understandable, that a person who reads a lot of popular “journalism“ would believe that anyone who doubts the apocalyptic predictions of the climate scientist, are just not very intelligent.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back