Monetary Question

YoursTruly

Platinum Member
Dec 21, 2019
What steps would be need to get $1 USD to buy more here, than $1 USD could buy in Mexico? Getting the USD more valuable than the PESO, is the goal. How to reach the goal is the question.

27ywg4.jpg

What steps would be need to get $1 USD to buy more here, than $1 USD could buy in Mexico? Getting the USD more valuable than the PESO, is the goal. How to reach the goal is the question.
The dollar is already worth 19 pesos. I don't know where "here" is, but I assume it is the US and the value often has to do with domestic products, ie, a few ounces of pure vanilla costs $4-$5 in the US but you could buy a quart of pure vanilla in Mexico for just a bit more than those few ounces cost.

The first thing you need is an identifiable, well defined unit of account for one dollar. This serves as a standard of value. The yardstick for measuring its economic value.

Right now there is no identifiable unit of account for one dollar.

Aside from an identifiable unit of account there needs to be a store of value. A store of value is what makes ''money'' useful. By useful, I mean confidence in its purchasing power.

There is no store of value on one dollar. It's a claim check on an IOU. That's all a Federal Reserve Note is. A claim check on an IOU. It's value is arbitrarily diminished through the creation of new units from thin air by government authorities.

And, of course, there needs to be a practical medium of exchange.

Do note that physical mediums of exchange are under direct assault as we discuss this matter. They're really pushing digital currencies now. I've touched on why that it elsewhere on the board, and more thoroughly.

But I don't feel like talking about that right now, I'm having a peanut butter nutty bar.

Last edited:
Dont vote for Marxists, then the US dollar might get stronger. Notice that i said Marxists who could be Democrat or Republican. Any of them willing to reach across the aisle are the ones that you have to vote out because when the Marxists of both sides work together, it is to FUCK the rest of us.

The first thing you need is an identifiable, well defined unit of account for one dollar. This serves as a standard of value. The yardstick for measuring its economic value.

Aside from an identifiable unit of account there needs to be a store of value. A store of value is what makes ''money'' useful. By useful, I mean confidence in its purchasing power.

There is no store of value on one dollar. It's a claim check on an IOU. That's all a Federal Reserve Note is. A claim check on an IOU. It's value is arbitrarily diminished through the creation of new units from thin air by government authorities.

Do note that physical mediums of exchange are under direct assault as we discuss this matter. They're really pushing digital currencies now. I've touched on why that it elsewhere on the board, and more thoroughly.

But I don't feel like talking about that right now, I'm having a peanut butter nutty bar.

Like gold. Down 10% since March.

When you feel like discussing it again, remember it's the the governments constitutional authority to value our currency. They've laid this in the hands of the Fed. Res.

We know what they tell us about the value of the dollar. But they only give examples of what it's worth against other currencies. This is where the fraud or manipulation lies. $1 isn't worth a candy bar, and yet we're told it's value is higher than say in Mexico, where you can buy a candy bar with a peso (or two or 3)

If our government were on board with this, I think it would just be a matter of doing what you said, placing an identifiable value on it, that's much higher than what it is. at the same time lowering the wages and costs of everything.

It would be a hard sell. If one is used to making $4,000 per month, and are told they're only going to be making $1,000, those who don't understand what's going on, would be furious. BUT after they see that that same $1,000 bought as much as $4,000 used to buy, then it wouldn't take long to get used to.

But the benefits to our economy would be great. More American jobs coming back. Within 5 years, we'd be the manufacturing giant that we were in the 50's and 60's.
Hell, in 10 years, our trade deficit with China might end up being a surplus again.

Dont vote for Marxists, then the US dollar might get stronger. Notice that i said Marxists who could be Democrat or Republican. Any of them willing to reach across the aisle are the ones that you have to vote out because when the Marxists of both sides work together, it is to FUCK the rest of us.

That would require changing the way people vote. There's too many party loyalist voting for the lesser of two evils in this country.

The dollar is already worth 19 pesos. I don't know where "here" is, but I assume it is the US and the value often has to do with domestic products, ie, a few ounces of pure vanilla costs $4-$5 in the US but you could buy a quart of pure vanilla in Mexico for just a bit more than those few ounces cost.

Here (the US) it costs more for the same thing in Mexico. Which means their peso is worth more than the USD. Regardless of what the exchange rate is, what the US government says the USD is worth, the facts remain, things costs less in Mexico, China and many MANY other countries around the world.
Those same countries that US companies outsource to, because their currency is worth more.

Our currency is over inflated.

P.S. It's confusing as hell. But the bottom line is you can buy more for less in MX and those other countries, than you can the USA.

Very true, yet history seems to indicate there isn’t a lesser evil.

When I stumbled on the Liberty Score, it really changed the way I vote. Anyone with less than a 95%, will not get my vote. And here in Arkansas, there's no one even in the low 90's.

Here (the US) it costs more for the same thing in Mexico. Which means their peso is worth more than the USD. Regardless of what the exchange rate is, what the US government says the USD is worth, the facts remain, things costs less in Mexico, China and many MANY other countries around the world.
Those same countries that US companies outsource to, because their currency is worth more.

Our currency is over inflated.

P.S. It's confusing as hell. But the bottom line is you can buy more for less in MX and those other countries, than you can the USA.

Here (the US) it costs more for the same thing in Mexico.

How many examples of "same thing" can you buy in Mexico?

Why don't you list a few?

Forum List

Back