Monetary Question

It’s been devalued several times.

Mexico keeps their wages and prices low. And for good reason. It helps create jobs. The way the USD is over inflated it almost forces American companies to outsource to MX. China is the same way.

I think using the word "devalue" misconstrues what's actually happening. I think they're just keeping their peso value in check.

Mexico keeps their wages and prices low. And for good reason. It helps create jobs. The way the USD is over inflated it almost forces American companies to outsource to MX. China is the same way.

I think using the word "devalue" misconstrues what's actually happening. I think they're just keeping their peso value in check.
I don’t doubt you.

The dollar value remains high in relation to other nation‘s currencies, like the Mexican peso. thus allowing American expats to enjoy a nice life style in Mexico.

I don’t doubt you.

The dollar value remains high in relation to other nation‘s currencies, like the Mexican peso. thus allowing American expats to enjoy a nice life style in Mexico.

The question is though, how to equalize our currency with the Peso. The benefits of accomplishing this would be astronomical for our economy. The amount of jobs that would return to the US would allow for so much growth. Imagine, having a trade surplus with Mexico, instead of a deficit.

The way the USD is over inflated

Maybe you should say the dollar is overvalued?
Your point would be less confusing.

The question is though, how to equalize our currency with the Peso. The benefits of accomplishing this would be astronomical for our economy. The amount of jobs that would return to the US would allow for so much growth. Imagine, having a trade surplus with Mexico, instead of a deficit.

The question is though, how to equalize our currency with the Peso.

We'd have to devalue by 95%.

The benefits of accomplishing this would be astronomical for our economy.

Exporters would benefit. Importers and consumers would be crushed.

Imagine, having a trade surplus with Mexico, instead of a deficit.

Imagine us exporting gasoline, because we couldn't afford to use it.

Like gold. Down 10% since March.

The thing about gold and silver and whatnot, is that it's a key aspect of a philosophey of liberty. Freedom.

It's a much more complex, much deeper discussion than mere trade. It's a philosophical yardstick in this regard. It's a measurement of something far more important.

The question is though, how to equalize our currency with the Peso.

We'd have to devalue by 95%.

Why do you say our currency has to be devalued, when our own currency is worth a lot less than what they say it's worth.
$1 doesn't buy a candy bar here. In Mexico, 1 peso will buy probably 2.
I think there's a disconnect, a very confusing disconnect as to what our dollar is actually worth.

The benefits of accomplishing this would be astronomical for our economy.

Exporters would benefit. Importers and consumers would be crushed.

Importers and consumers wouldn't be crushed for very long. It would take a while (5 years maybe) for American manufacturers to come back (or new ones created). But by that time, our economy would be seeing the great effects of having a lot of good jobs.

If something isn't done, automation is going to wipe out millions of more jobs.

Imagine, having a trade surplus with Mexico, instead of a deficit.

Imagine us exporting gasoline, because we couldn't afford to use it.

Why wouldn't we be able to afford it? We'd be able to afford a lot more than we do today. Including gas.

The thing about gold and silver and whatnot, is that it's a key aspect of a philosophey of liberty. Freedom.

It's a much more complex, much deeper discussion than mere trade. It's a philosophical yardstick in this regard. It's a measurement of something far more important.

As long as metals are measured in USD, the value of it can always manipulated.

Why do you say our currency has to be devalued, when our own currency is worth a lot less than what they say it's worth.
I think there's a disconnect, a very confusing disconnect as to what our dollar is actually worth.

Importers and consumers wouldn't be crushed for very long. It would take a while (5 years maybe) for American manufacturers to come back (or new ones created). But by that time, our economy would be seeing the great effects of having a lot of good jobs.

Why wouldn't we be able to afford it? We'd be able to afford a lot more than we do today. Including gas.

Why do you say our currency has to be devalued,

Because you said you want to equalize our currency with the Peso.

when our own currency is worth a lot less than what they say it's worth.

Who says that? Where? Why do you care what they "say"?

You think you can buy 2 candy bars in Mexico for a nickel?

In this thread, you're the only confused one.

Importers and consumers wouldn't be crushed for very long

You just made imports 20 times as expensive as they were.
Which products will you still buy after that price hike?

No matter what is done, automation is going to wipe out millions of more jobs.

Why wouldn't we be able to afford it?

You just made it 20 times as expensive.

We'd be able to afford a lot more than we do today. Including gas.

Prove it.

Forum List

Back