Mitch McConnell Votes Against Interracial Marriage Despite Asian Wife

Clearly this is something the country supports as a whole, hardly not just the "left".
and it’s perfectly legal

but again not sure what that has to do with my post. The fact the country supports something, isn’t relevant to if Congress has authority to act.

and it’s perfectly legal

but again not sure what that has to do with my post. The fact the country supports something, isn’t relevant to if Congress has authority to act.

I explained. You ignored.

Republican House needs to put forward a Federal Voter ID and Accurate Voter Database Act in which they add in that "adults have forced sex with 14 year-olds is bad too" and then accuse the democrats of embracing sex with kids when they vote against it

Tit
Tat

I explained. You ignored.
you actually explained nothing, and not once answered the question I asked.....I guess you explained you no nothing about the Constitution....so there is that.

you actually explained nothing, and not once answered the question I asked.....I guess you explained you no nothing about the Constitution....so there is that.

You painted this issue as one from the left. I pointed out where it is not.

Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell voted against legislation that would protect interracial marriages on Wednesday, despite the fact that he's married to an Asian American woman.

McConnell, who is white, is the husband of former U.S. Secretary for Transportation Elaine Chao, the first woman of Asian heritage to be appointed to a presidential cabinet.

The Kentucky Republican was one of 37 GOP senators who opposed a motion to advance on the Respect for Marriage Act (RFMA), but the procedural vote succeeded with a bipartisan majority of 62, with one senator not voting.

The Senate is divided, with 50 Democrats and 50 Republicans, but the vote means that formal debate could take place on the legislation, while the Senate could pass the bill as early as Thursday.

The RFMA passed the House of Representatives in a bipartisan vote in July.

Many social-media users criticized McConnell following the vote and pointed to his relationship with Chao, whom he married in 1993.

I can't believe this is even a topic in 2022.

How many right wingers are against interracial marriage?
What people like you just don't understand, or purposely ignore for partisanship, there are other reasons why politicians vote against something that they would normally be in favor of. Most bills have other language in them and McConnell may not have liked that other language.

Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell voted against legislation that would protect interracial marriages on Wednesday, despite the fact that he's married to an Asian American woman.

McConnell, who is white, is the husband of former U.S. Secretary for Transportation Elaine Chao, the first woman of Asian heritage to be appointed to a presidential cabinet.

The Kentucky Republican was one of 37 GOP senators who opposed a motion to advance on the Respect for Marriage Act (RFMA), but the procedural vote succeeded with a bipartisan majority of 62, with one senator not voting.

The Senate is divided, with 50 Democrats and 50 Republicans, but the vote means that formal debate could take place on the legislation, while the Senate could pass the bill as early as Thursday.

The RFMA passed the House of Representatives in a bipartisan vote in July.

Many social-media users criticized McConnell following the vote and pointed to his relationship with Chao, whom he married in 1993.

I can't believe this is even a topic in 2022.

How many right wingers are against interracial marriage?
Get the fucking government out of the marriage business. That's what really needs to happen.

You painted this issue as one from the left. I pointed out where it is not.
no i didn’t. i said it was pointless since anything would be unconstitutional. i asked you to point to the legal authority congress has to act…and stupidly you pointed to a clause in an amendment p

Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell voted against legislation that would protect interracial marriages on Wednesday, despite the fact that he's married to an Asian American woman...
You know you're lying, right?
Of course you do.

This legislation deals with the Full Faith and Credit clause with rrespect to marriage and its relationship to state child support orders

The Respect for Marriage act would repeal section 1738C of title 28, which reads:

No State, territory, or possession of the United States, or Indian tribe, shall be required to give effect to any public act, record, or judicial proceeding of any other State, territory, possession, or tribe respecting a relationship between persons of the same sex that is treated as a marriage under the laws of such other State, territory, possession, or tribe, or a right or claim arising from such relationship.

And then add to Section 1738B of title 28:

“(a) In general.—No person acting under color of State law may deny—
“(1) full faith and credit to any public act, record, or judicial proceeding of any other State pertaining to a marriage between 2 individuals, on the basis of the sex, race, ethnicity, or national origin of those individuals; or

In other words:
If this is the only way you can "prove" McConnell voted against interracial marriage, then you got nuthin'.

You're desperate to remain relevant, and... boy... it shows.

Last edited:
pknopp

Yes...this bill is pure nonsense from the left BECAUSE Congress has no authority over it....I have asked you numerous times to provide the authority, and as usual you dodge the question asked.

Thanks

pknopp

Yes...this bill is pure nonsense from the left BECAUSE Congress has no authority over it....I have asked you numerous times to provide the authority, and as usual you dodge the question asked.

Thanks

Government provides benefits for being married. They can not discriminate. As long as the government is involved in marriage, they are involved in marriage?

I'm all for getting them out 100% but good luck with that.

Why does the freaking democrat establishment need to clog up the system with this crap? There hasn't been a problem with interracial marriage since FDR was president?

Government provides benefits for being married. They can not discriminate. As long as the government is involved in marriage, they are involved in marriage?

I'm all for getting them out 100% but good luck with that.
i never said they could discriminate….and sure they can provide benefits…but what authority do they have to regulate it? providing a benefit (tax break for filing jointly) isn’t regulating who and who can’t get married. This bill does that. So provide the authority please…or conceded this is a worthless bill the dembot created for show

As usual, the leftist dipshit lawn jockey who started this thread isn't giving us all the facts.

As usual, the leftist dipshit lawn jockey who started this thread isn't giving us all the facts.
Lawn Jockey. I like that.

1668810170455.png

Forum List

Back