Mitch McConnell Votes Against Interracial Marriage Despite Asian Wife

Jul 26, 2010
North Carolina
Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell voted against legislation that would protect interracial marriages on Wednesday, despite the fact that he's married to an Asian American woman.

McConnell, who is white, is the husband of former U.S. Secretary for Transportation Elaine Chao, the first woman of Asian heritage to be appointed to a presidential cabinet.

The Kentucky Republican was one of 37 GOP senators who opposed a motion to advance on the Respect for Marriage Act (RFMA), but the procedural vote succeeded with a bipartisan majority of 62, with one senator not voting.

The Senate is divided, with 50 Democrats and 50 Republicans, but the vote means that formal debate could take place on the legislation, while the Senate could pass the bill as early as Thursday.

The RFMA passed the House of Representatives in a bipartisan vote in July.

Many social-media users criticized McConnell following the vote and pointed to his relationship with Chao, whom he married in 1993.

I can't believe this is even a topic in 2022.

How many right wingers are against interracial marriage?

I'm no fan of Mitch but that still doesn't hide the fact this another false equivalency coming from the Pravda minions.

No one anywhere has even broached eliminating peoples right to inter racial marriage but continue to gaslight the low IQs.
It works really well on the progbot lemmings

It's OK to let the states make their own decisions on whether or not to acknowledge a union of sexual deviants as a legitimate marriage

strawman.jpg

Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell voted against legislation that would protect interracial marriages on Wednesday, despite the fact that he's married to an Asian American woman.

McConnell, who is white, is the husband of former U.S. Secretary for Transportation Elaine Chao, the first woman of Asian heritage to be appointed to a presidential cabinet.

The Kentucky Republican was one of 37 GOP senators who opposed a motion to advance on the Respect for Marriage Act (RFMA), but the procedural vote succeeded with a bipartisan majority of 62, with one senator not voting.

The Senate is divided, with 50 Democrats and 50 Republicans, but the vote means that formal debate could take place on the legislation, while the Senate could pass the bill as early as Thursday.

Many social-media users criticized McConnell following the vote and pointed to his relationship with Chao, whom he married in 1993.

McConnell is a sack of shit in so many ways...

I'm no fan of Mitch but that still doesn't hide the fact this another false equivalency coming from the Pravda minions.

No one anywhere has even broached eliminating peoples right to inter racial marriage but continue to gaslight the low IQs.

It's OK to let the states make their own rules on whether to acknowledge a union of sexual deviants as a legitimate marriage or not

View attachment 727515
Hey, I don't want anyone interfering with my deviant lifestyle, fuck off.

It's OK to let the states make their own decisions on whether or not to acknowledge a union of sexual deviants as a legitimate marriage

View attachment 727515

Exactly!!

Interracial marriage is still allowed, regardless of the results of the vote. This was a symbolic vote only, and an "aye" vote would have also approved Gay Marriage.

Since when have interracial marriages been a subject for politicians?
Never is the answer.

where is it illegal for interracial marriage?

If anyone voted against this bill its because of what's in the bill not what the bill says it is....
And don't give me this race crap... I came very close to asking my last girlfriend to marry me and she is black and a nurse who works with my ex wife...lol phew!!!

Homos are a different race?

View attachment 727515

States do not have the right to discriminate. If states do, then the federal government must step in.

It’s only a topic because democrats want votes and you morons fall for it every time.

What are you talking about? This bill has nothing to do with interracial marriages. It has to do with same-sex marriage and that religious institution won't have to bow down to the woke and serve gays in their organizations like marrying two people of the same sex. Even The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints agreed with the bill while already coming out with a strong statement called The Family: A Proclamation to the World, https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/bc/content/shared/content/english/pdf/36035_000_24_family.pdf

Hey, I don't want anyone interfering with my deviant lifestyle, fuck off.
Go bang as much bung as you can handle progbot, it's NOMB & strictly between you & God.
Never said IGAS about your deviancies.
Just keep them away from me & don't expect me to call your butt buddy your "husband". Ever

If you can handle that & we won't have any conflict.

Forum List

Back